British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2017

Think I'd rather take Batchelor given a choice of him or Gomolski.

Really, i wouldn't. Ginger everytime..

• Like 1

That could mean Kacper Gomolski on a 7.71.

1) Sam Masters

2) Charles Wright

3) Kacper Gomolski

4) Paul Starke

5) Rohan Tungate

6) Jake Allen

7) Bradley Wilson Dean

Interesting side with strong home reserves if that were the case but pretty sure Brummie Rebel will correct me on my guesstimate.

I thought it was going to be promotion to a higher League, this looks like a Premier League team, I wonder if riders will be asking for more money because the name of the League has changed?

• Like 1

Batchelor's average might fit Najjer, but his attitude and ego wouldn't! ;)

Maybe he needs knocking down a peg or two, but he has the potential to be a top rider in this league whereas Gomolski is more likely to struggle away from home and on their top day he isn't as good as Batchelor.

• Like 1

Maybe he needs knocking down a peg or two, but he has the potential to be a top rider in this league whereas Gomolski is more likely to struggle away from home and on their top day he isn't as good as Batchelor.

batch never really got going coming back from injury worth a go on that average I think

Really, i would say that Ginger would finish with a higher average than batch... Just sayin.

Thanks for your predictions guys ! Either way I am sure Gazza will give us a good, competitive side. Thing is I've been in a speedway vacuum since 1978 and have only been back watching speedway at the Oaktree for the past three years, I was just getting used to all the changes there have been since 78 and now we have not just gone to a higher level but a new format as well !!! I'm not too familiar with the riding personell that's on offer at this level so it's all a bit daunting for my 1951 brain box !!! Add to that the doubling up and I am all at sea with it !!! :cry:;):unsure: . Roll on the new season and I suppose all will become apparent !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

but a new format as well !!!

Format is exactly the same as you're used to, they've ditched the stupid format used in the EL last year, that's one of the reasons they've gone with PL based averages for team building, as the old EL format skewed the average badly for the lower riders, and saw people like Bjarne Pedersen riding at reserve

• Like 1

Honestly think you will put out the same team as last year. Dominated the Championship.

1. Tungate

2. Wright

3. 7.88

4. Starke

5. Grajczonek

6. Allen

7. BWD

Grajczonek didnt say he wasnt riding in the top flight. Josh said he wanted to cut down on travelling which he has done by signing for his local club Sheffield.

Crikey. Didn't realise the left over points were as high as 7.88. There are several value riders available if i have my averages right with a very familiar face at the top?

Brady Kurtz 7.65
Matej Kus 7.64
Justin Sedgmen 7.60
Thomas Jorgensen 7.45

Troy Batchelor 7.36

Crikey. Didn't realise the left over points were as high as 7.88. There are several value riders available if i have my averages right with a very familiar face at the top?

Brady Kurtz 7.65

Matej Kus 7.64

Justin Sedgmen 7.60

Thomas Jorgensen 7.45

Troy Batchelor 7.36

The only one I'd have out of these would be Brady. This team would be ok at home , struggle a bit away .

Honestly think you will put out the same team as last year. Dominated the Championship.

1. Tungate

2. Wright

3. 7.88

4. Starke

5. Grajczonek

6. Allen

7. BWD

Grajczonek didnt say he wasnt riding in the top flight. Josh said he wanted to cut down on travelling which he has done by signing for his local club Sheffield.

Still wouldn't mind seeing that team plus Batchelor.

• Like 1