British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2017

You could have Kim Nilsson on a 9.63 with Rohan and Josh with Charles and Jake, BWD and a 4.00 rider.

Thing is we're hardly going to get top riders to come here the other teams will have wealthier promotions than what we do, plus we won't get the crowds they will either. Granted we will get a few Sky meetings and more away fans but with hardly any GP riders available it is going to be tough.

Definitely have Nilsson.

If there were any last minute problems with either Masters or Thorssell,he would be the one for me at Monmore.

Definitely have Nilsson.

If there were any last minute problems with either Masters or Thorssell,he would be the one for me at Monmore.

I'd have Thorsell yes but looks nailed on for Wolves, as does Masters who I don't think would come back to Somerset after him and the crowds falling out

Think Josh won't be at Somerset next year, we need a out and out number 1 or it could be a long season

Wasnt there a story about Josh wanting a smaller track. Lakeside not happening and Rye fixed up, is there another track smaller than ours. I think Josh is the guy we need to keep hold of from all of our champs from 2016. It will be a learning curve for us next year, the good thing is our guys from last season are formidable around our place. I would love to see the top five retained with Jake at 6 and a new number one.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 2

You could have Kim Nilsson on a 9.63 with Rohan and Josh with Charles and Jake, BWD and a 4.00 rider.

Thing is we're hardly going to get top riders to come here the other teams will have wealthier promotions than what we do, plus we won't get the crowds they will either. Granted we will get a few Sky meetings and more away fans but with hardly any GP riders available it is going to be tough.

this is why I said we should not step up.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited to see riders like Doyle and Lindgren and possibly Holder and Kasprzak around the OTA but it's just the funds around the club. Yet if Debbie wasn't sure she wouldn't have done it.

I was suprised they did..

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'm excited to see riders like Doyle and Lindgren and possibly Holder and Kasprzak around the OTA but it's just the funds around the club. Yet if Debbie wasn't sure she wouldn't have done it.

The Hancock family business seem to be fairly successful in general, looking from the outside and knowing nothing about them personally I would say it would be totally out of character to risk such a going thing if they didn't think there was some chance of making it stick.

If the set up had stayed the same I think we would have probably stayed in the old Prem. Any new venture carries risk, I certainly wish them all the very best with this new adventure.

• Like 3

After kildermand I think. That would be a decent start for yourselves

Killer is riding Poland, Denmark and Sweden. I believe Rosco has already tried and failed. I'm going to bet our no.1 will be between Kylmakorpi and Nilsson maybe Fricke who has ridden well at the OTA in the past and is a future GP star.

TBF we can name all the teams we want but it's just guessing.

Killer is riding Poland, Denmark and Sweden. I believe Rosco has already tried and failed. I'm going to bet our no.1 will be between Kylmakorpi and Nilsson maybe Fricke who has ridden well at the OTA in the past and is a future GP star.

TBF we can name all the teams we want but it's just guessing.

You mean future GP rider..

I think you will be pleasently surprised then....

Knowing Garry May I can see it being very competitive even in the Premiership

Dont look suprised if Garry doesn't put together a really comptetive team. Rohan and Josh imo are both nailed on to stay.

Rider long time sponsored by Gary May......................Bjarne Pedersen.................. is he on Gary's shoping list!!!!!!!!

You never know..