British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

The new Rye promotion showed they had no clue last season. Dreadful side put together, stadium a bomb site & generally came across as though they had no real knowledge of the sport.

Started ok with them sorting the track and getting rid of the camber on bends 1/2 & racing was very good in the 1st half of the season. Track for second half of the season resembled a motorway & they certainly never purchased any shale as there was none left towards the end of the season. Track as bald as Steve Hone.

Shocked at first with the decision to move up but there is going to be minimal difference between the two leagues now.

I have no real belief the current promotion will know how to put a side together & will end up like Leicester.

Andreas Jonsson must be a big target what with his connections to Lakeside, no GP's and a real genuine number one. If they go with Edward at number one it will all end in tears.

• Like 1

The new Rye promotion showed they had no clue last season. Dreadful side put together, stadium a bomb site & generally came across as though they had no real knowledge of the sport.

Started ok with them sorting the track and getting rid of the camber on bends 1/2 & racing was very good in the 1st half of the season. Track for second half of the season resembled a motorway & they certainly never purchased any shale as there was none left towards the end of the season. Track as bald as Steve Hone.

Shocked at first with the decision to move up but there is going to be minimal difference between the two leagues now.

Your first point is your opinion of course, your second point, a club like that is not going to invest in more shale towards the end of the season. Must confess i found it strange when i heard they were looking to come up. And at £18 a pop they will need to make a sucess of it.

Edited by Starman2006

London Lions basketball team charge about £20 for an adult ticket so I think £15-£20 is probably the going rate for sport nowadays.

In fairness to the promotion of Rye House they are funding the stadium redevelopment & trying to take the club into the top division in the country so the price increase doesn't seem too bad, although I'd like to see the return of decent second half events rather than fifteen minutes of racing drawn out over 2 or 3 hours.

At least with London Lions Basketball you are inside in decent conditions - probably with a guaranteed seat!!

Basketball is mostly a winter sport and takes place indoors. Not many speedway stadiums are all seater

Edited by Shads

Visit Rye a lot last season did you?

Another downside to moving up is having to read Starmans pearls of wisdom in the EL section.

Nevermind mate, just find something to bite on, you'l be fine. Never read my post did you. Try again...

Perhaps i should have done that. Now try again.. But to save yourself looking stupid you will ignore it..

Edited by Starman2006

I've just booked a ticket for the basketball between the best two teams in the country, Leicester riders v Newcastle eagles. New stadium, in the main stand, great seats and lots of leg room, £13 for an adult.

That's a good price. Things are expensive down here. £12 for Ryman league football five minutes from Rye House.

MJJ already has his 3 leagues.

So does THJ.

Understand the form point you made though.

Did not know that they both had there three leagues.

Rye House may be rich but I think they need riders who want to prove themselves in the UK. They need that type of rider.

My Rye team for next year.

1. Eddie Kennett=9.27

2. Dimitri Berge=6.91

3.Richard Lawson=8.22

4.Kenneth Bjerre=8.22 Rye have more money than King's so you guys sign him.

5.Scotty N= 9.23 / Chris Harris

6.Rasmus Jensen= 6.15

7. Any two pointer.

49.99 overall solid top 5 and Jensen can improve.

If i was Rye House i would like into MJJ and Thomas H J. Both former GP riders who need the rides and would give 100% because they need the form to get back to GP's. Surely Scott N must be a look for you as well.

Did not that Richard from who originally supported Peterborough then Poole when a certain sponsor moved there continually promote those two riders for many teams.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Nicholls is a very good signing rides all track s pretty well although didn't seem to get it together at Belle Vue on the new track but as it is a saturday track BT will have to get someone else for analysis on the gp's.

Rye don't intend running Saturdays when they clash against the SGP.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1