British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

Out of the remaining six scheduled home meetings only one is on a Saturday, four on a Wednesday and one Bank holiday Monday so Saturday night track has sadly become a misnomer.

there is still the 2nd home league fixture against swindon to arrange. Why not run it on a Saturday night for a change.

Out of the remaining six scheduled home meetings only one is on a Saturday, four on a Wednesday and one Bank holiday Monday so Saturday night track has sadly become a misnomer.

The lack of consistency of meetings is a real bugbear. I attended a couple of meetings early doors this season and thought I had the bug back. The disjointed nature of fixtures however soon made me realise why I began to fall out of love with the sport.

While it was quite obvious to the fans that the rebranding of the leagues was no more than mutton being dressed as lamb there was some small cause for hope. But we have the same issues as before. Doubling up in abundance, fixture clashes, suspect rain offs, weeks between meetings, rules being introduced during the season (the revised points limit), the list goes on. It is the 'Elite' League in all but name in reality.

Next season we need two things for a start at Rye House, meetings on one set night of the week (ideally across the whole division) and the return of the Raiders side to fill weeks where there is no Rockets fixture.

Doubling up needs to be scrapped, if the riders can't make the sport pay without having two teams it is tough, they'll have to take up jobs outside of the sport. That is a time when we need to look at Speedway in this country as a whole and say it isn't a professional sport anymore, maybe one day it can be again but nobody is owed a living from it. There will always be riders to fill team spots, there won't always be fans to watch if things carry on the way they are going IMO.

Rant over. Not aimed at you Oafski, just general thoughts!

Agree with the bottom part.

We had Linus & NBJ as young riders looking to make a name for themselves. We also had Ekberg who although I think had raced in UK before, was a fantastic signing for the club. It's about building up a knowledge of riders and contacts in the speedway world.

Ekberg's signing won us the league in 2007 undoubtedly. Signed as an injury replacement after Ray Morton and Robbie Kessler had tried to fill Robbo's boots and fallen far short of the mark.

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 3

Never thought I would say this but I'm now tired of the so called Premier league as a competition and the old comments

about the previous Elite league are true that there are just not enough fixtures and veriety of teams.

At least we had pretty much Saturday speedway in the old Premier but not any more and to me that is more important

than the teams strenghth and play off challenge.

Lack of meetings is not the problem, as it's not far off being any different to the old Premier League. It's the way the fixtures are scheduled that is the problem!

• Like 1

Lykke is heading your way I heard

Lovely Guy and fast once he is underway. But he gives everybody else a couple of metres start in each race. If we could mix Ben Morleys starts to Kaspers speed, then he would be and ideal candidate for a reserve berth in the Premiership.

• Like 1

The deadline is looming, wholesale changes are needed if we want to make any challenge. Can't see it happening unless they've already been agreed. It'll be a straight injury replacement for Branford. Wells and Sedgmen would ideally make way as well as Rob's points to sign a two pointer and two stronger main team riders.

• Like 1

The signing of Kasper would be a mistake. As James mentioned, he has the worst reactions at the gate I've ever seen. You just can't get away with it at this level. The Rye track has been slick for years now, which won't help him either.

• Like 1

The signing of Kasper would be a mistake. As James mentioned, he has the worst reactions at the gate I've ever seen. You just can't get away with it at this level. The Rye track has been slick for years now, which won't help him either.

Added to only one thin racing line.

• Like 1

Big rumour. Krzysztof Kasprzak signing for Rye and will start at reserve.

Trouble is that with latest averages, Robbo back into main body of team and Sedgeman drops to reserve.

If you lose Sedgeman, Kasprzak fits and leaves 3.84 for second reserve.

Who knows, stranger things have happened ???

Is it April 1st already?

Wish it was. Personally I don't want to see Krzysztof sign for another British club. 5.51 average would become a 7 something average by the end of the season. He will sign for you seeing as his only decent meeting in Britain this season was at Rye

Edited by SpeedwayFanatic