British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

If Kennett wasn't doing longtrack at the start of the season surely that makes his absence from Rye meetings even worse he signed to ride for us and that is where his priorities should lie. I appreciate riders need to earn money but if all riders decided a few weeks into a season they would like to ride in longtrack as well as for a speedway team our sport will be in a worse state than it is already. The promoters don't seem to be doing their jobs properly either, contracts need to be clearly written and signed before the season starts so that these situations don't arise.

I doubt that a contract EXCLUDING a rider from competing in other FIM sanctioned meetings like long track and/or grass track would be accepted. The body that governs speedway in the UK is in its turn under the control the FIM. They have no choice in the matter than to be governed by what the FIM ultimately decree. At least that's my interpretation of things.

I doubt that a contract EXCLUDING a rider from competing in other FIM sanctioned meetings like long track and/or grass track would be accepted. The body that governs speedway in the UK is in its turn under the control the FIM. They have no choice in the matter than to be governed by what the FIM ultimately decree. At least that's my interpretation of things.

If that is the case then it should be down to the riders to look to themselves and decide where their priorities lie for the sake of the sport continuing in this country or more fans may decide not to bother in the future.

• Like 1

Whether Kennett should or shouldnt have ridden at Belle Vue is up to interpretation of the stupid rules, but what is not up for interpretattion is the very late updating of the fans, I very nearly travelled to Manchester but I would have been miffed to arrive only to learn of his absence when the people in the know must have known for some while.

• Like 2

Overreaction as usual Chris I don't think Kennett was doing Longtrack at the start of the season.

Comparing the Rye team to the powerhouse Belle Vue I think they put up a pretty good effort but can't

see them getting the better of the current Wolves team in the playoffs.

Hammer1969 has put you in your place above.

If he's decided to do it after he's signed a contract at Rye then it's awful by both parties. The promotion for accepting it & Ed for clearly not being bothered about riding for the club. If that's the captains attitude then no wonder the wheels are falling off.

Why did the promotion not inform the fans of this cock up as well?

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

Message to our fans:

I would like to inform you all of the facts surrounding last night's Belle Vue fixture.

This was a re-arranged fixture, this date was the best option out of the three possible dates Mark Lemon offered me. As you are aware, both of our Team's riders have many motorsport commitments, here and overseas. With Mark missing Bjerre and us missing Kennett - this was actually better than other dates where we both would be missing multiple riders.

I submitted my Team line up to Mark Lemon (who I would just like to say is a very valuable addition to British Speedway) with Justin Sedgmen and Ben Barker as guests early this week.

However, I needed Management Committee approval for Edward's facility as he was travelling overseas to a FIM event. This facility was denied at 4.15pm on 23 July.

My only option was to bring in a Championship rider up to the value of 4 points. I do not make up the rules.

As a Team we are not halfway through our season and it is certainly NOT over! The Team will be doing everything we can to reach the play-offs, that is our AIM make no mistake!

I would like to personally thank Ben Barker and James Sargeant and of course our Rockets for a fantastic effort last night. It was a true display of fantastic racing, I'd say definitely up there with the best racing I have witnessed!

Thank you all for your support.

Message from Steve Jenson

Whether Kennett should or shouldnt have ridden at Belle Vue is up to interpretation of the stupid rules, but what is not up for interpretattion is the very late updating of the fans, I very nearly travelled to Manchester but I would have been miffed to arrive only to learn of his absence when the people in the know must have known for some while.

in the pre internet days it was a lot easier for promoters to hide weakened line ups from the fans. Unusually last Saturday I turned up at lakeside not knowing boxall was missing for plymouth!

Message to our fans:

I would like to inform you all of the facts surrounding last night's Belle Vue fixture.

This was a re-arranged fixture, this date was the best option out of the three possible dates Mark Lemon offered me. As you are aware, both of our Team's riders have many motorsport commitments, here and overseas. With Mark missing Bjerre and us missing Kennett - this was actually better than other dates where we both would be missing multiple riders.

I submitted my Team line up to Mark Lemon (who I would just like to say is a very valuable addition to British Speedway) with Justin Sedgmen and Ben Barker as guests early this week.

However, I needed Management Committee approval for Edward's facility as he was travelling overseas to a FIM event. This facility was denied at 4.15pm on 23 July.

My only option was to bring in a Championship rider up to the value of 4 points. I do not make up the rules.

As a Team we are not halfway through our season and it is certainly NOT over! The Team will be doing everything we can to reach the play-offs, that is our AIM make no mistake!

I would like to personally thank Ben Barker and James Sargeant and of course our Rockets for a fantastic effort last night. It was a true display of fantastic racing, I'd say definitely up there with the best racing I have witnessed!

I am a little puzzled in regard to the message. I cannot seem to trace it on the Rye House website? Doubles it s there but with all respects to yourself GWC I would like it vew it as such rather than in this format. Maybe I am missing as to where it actually originated from?

This is the Rye House website Link - where is the message please?

http://www.ryehouserockets.co

Edited by Guest

Message to our fans:

So Rye House thought they were entitled to a facility when clearly they weren`t- only Scunthorpe are allowed illegal facilities for Longtrack

" is on FIM Longtrack Championship duty (for the day of the Meeting only; no facility

is permitted for practice day)."

I am a little puzzled in regard to the message. I cannot seem to trace it on the Rye House website? Doubles it s there but with all respects to yourself GWC I would like it vew it as such rather than in this format. Maybe I am missing as to where it actually originated from?

This is the Rye House website Link - where is the message please?

http://www.ryehouserockets.co

What ever the facts respect to Steve Jenson for putting his side forward instead of the normal promoters who just ignore their fans.

Yes, the season is far from over but I have now come to belief that the playoffs are too far off for this team.

I don't discredit Steve Jenson for the message. I just wondered where it originated from as there is no specification to indicate was originally from a Rye House source. I cannot see an original the Rye House website - at the present time anyway.

Steve Jenson posted the message on the Rye House Facebook site

Thank you. That fact was not made clear in the original Post. The message now has deserved credibility about it.

PS: I think Steve Jenson means 23 June NOT 23 July as in Post!

Edited by Guest

Thank you. That fact was not made clear in the original Post. The message now has deserved credibility about it.

PS: I think Steve Jenson means 23 June NOT 23 July as in Post!

I think you were the only one questioning its credibility

Well when a message does not indicate its original source, then carries a wrong important date, nor indicate in the signature who the guy writing was, one does have a slight case of speculation. I have also been on FACEBOOK where there are several Rye House forums and cannot find - as advised - the original message. Which of the FACEBOOK group Rye House pages does it appear on?

Gustix like you I was a bit sceptical but after a bit of searching I found the message on the Rye House fans facebook page, sorry I've tried to copy a link but am not having much success.

Not to worry hammer1969. I think we have established the message's origin as FACEBOOK. Thanks for all your help.

pity you didn't go as it was a really good meeting - prob our best away match this year (final scores do not always give a true reflection of a meeting)

pity you didn't go as it was a really good meeting - prob our best away match this year (final scores do not always give a true reflection of a meeting)

I don't share your sense of enjoyment seeing my team lose. I'd rather it was a poor meeting and come away with the points

• Like 4