British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

Will score more than Watt. Don't envy him the journey from Edinburgh to Hoddesdon overnight though.

Good to see the promotion acting swiftly.

An hour by plane from Edinburgh to Stansted with Ryanair. Done it a few times recently. Only problem is there's only one flight on a Saturday, departing at 7am!!

May be better off having someone drive him half way down, stay at a hotel and continue the journey after breakfast

Edited by Shads

i believe this is ruling regarding doubling up riders, but how does this relate to Ricky Wells this season in fixture clashes

16.1 Fixtures shall take priority as follows: FIM SGP, SWC, SGP Qualifying Meetings, FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings, FIM Europe U21 Championship, British Championships (Senior, Junior), BSPA Shared and Fee Events, Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League. NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is “Doubling Up”, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: -

1) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

2)1st priority to the owner of the rider

3) 2nd priority to the previous season club

4) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

Think the way it works - when a rider is an asset of neither club , the one who had signed the rider first gets priority , in this case - Edinburgh .

Ricky Wells is a Wolves asset. Rule 16.1 page 40 of the speedway regulations explains the priority but I couldn't copy and paste it - bit rubbish with technology. Anyway if I was Steve Jenson I'd get priority all sorted in writing with the SCB before we end up with another farce like what happened with Rob Branford.

Ricky Wells riding well this year. Good change.

Ricky wells is not in the same class street avenue as Davey at his best..

• Like 1

When was he last at his best? If your argument (flimsy at best) is to be taken seriously we should be looking to sign Ivan Mauger. Even if Wells scores 5 or 6 points a meeting that'll be a vast improvement on Watt

Edited by Shads
  • Like 5

Not sure what your point is?? Were not talking about Davey at his best are we... Andersen isnt in the same class as Jason Crump holds about as much value

• Like 2

i believe this is ruling regarding doubling up riders, but how does this relate to Ricky Wells this season in fixture clashes

16.1 Fixtures shall take priority as follows: FIM SGP, SWC, SGP Qualifying Meetings, FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings, FIM Europe U21 Championship, British Championships (Senior, Junior), BSPA Shared and Fee Events, Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League. NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is “Doubling Up”, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: -

1) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

2)1st priority to the owner of the rider

3) 2nd priority to the previous season club

4) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

as point 3 isn't relevant because he has moved clubs in the 2nd division it becomes point 4 as he is a top flight owned rider.

For me. The club who signed him at the start of the season should have the priority.

Davey is in no one's class right now. Completely irrelevant as well.

as point 3 isn't relevant because he has moved clubs in the 2nd division it becomes point 4 as he is a top flight owned rider.

For me. The club who signed him at the start of the season should have the priority.

Davey is in no one's class right now. Completely irrelevant as well.

First clash comes on June 16th when Edinburgh are at home to Ipswich and Rye are at Belle Vue . I'm sure Edinburgh will be upset if the terms in which they've signed a rider changes .

• Like 1

Wells is a decent rider but nowhere near Watt's ability but unfortunately Watt hasn't ridden to his ability for a while now. I am not sure Wells will improve Rye much and certainly not as much as Schlein will improve Wolves but the change had to me made, you can't carry a rider of Watt's average for long.

I do agree with you on that, not who signed him 1st as was suggested. If wells had signed for both clubs before the season started, Rye should have the priority, but now Edinburgh should IMO. As it's written in the rules I'm sure Edinburgh knew that could happen when Wells was signed.

I must be missing something here? Ricky Wells has rode consistently well for quite a while now, one of the best gaters I've seen and like Craig Cook has stepped up another level this season. Very good signing for Rye, will be one of their top performers in most meetings.

• Like 3

Wells second div club has priority of course. He signed for them first.

Improves Rye House and takes away the opportunity of a Poole win on Saturday. We haven't ridden there for 27 years. Last time Poole hit 60 with Boycey and Lango.

Improves Rye House and takes away the opportunity of a Poole win on Saturday. We haven't ridden there for 27 years. Last time Poole hit 60 with Boycey and Lango.

Last saw them at Rye in 1985, my first ever speedway meeting. They were the Wildcats then. Beat us 40-38

Rye are a Premiership Club and as Ricky is an asset of Wolves who are also Premiership club Rye have priority. What would make more sense is to simplify the rules so that the club a rider signs for first at the beginning of the season should have priority but that would be too easy for the BSPA and SCB to actually do.

• Like 2

Watt has been absolutely terrible for absolutely ages!

Whoever thinks that wells doesn't improve rye (And there are 1 or 2) haven't been paying attention! And I see Starman is along with a solid contender for most irrelevant post of the year!

• Like 1