British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

How about NBJ and Lewis BrIdger as replacements?

Bridger's average should come down a bit I would expect after the start at Berwick. He could be key in the Prem.

Bridger's never been great at Rye and he's struggling in the second tier. Plus the small matter of him riding for a Saturday night track means luckily we'll be spared him.

Rye House track has always been on the slick side .... "slicker than a strippers bikini line" ... Not the first time they have had trouble with the track. Only last year that the Rye House Raiders vs Eastbourne Eagles meeting was abandoned. Issue is a lot of riders don't like grippy or deep tracks. The Rockets with Nicholls, Robbo + Harris have three racers in the team. Bomber has never been a gater and needs dirt and grip to give him a chance to pass from the back. So few tracks have a decent amount of dirt on these days BUT then I guess that saves them from spending too much money on track prep + a blade.

Rye House track has always been on the slick side .... "slicker than a strippers bikini line" ... Not the first time they have had trouble with the track. Only last year that the Rye House Raiders vs Eastbourne Eagles meeting was abandoned. Issue is a lot of riders don't like grippy or deep tracks. The Rockets with Nicholls, Robbo + Harris have three racers in the team. Bomber has never been a gater and needs dirt and grip to give him a chance to pass from the back. So few tracks have a decent amount of dirt on these days BUT then I guess that saves them from spending too much money on track prep + a blade.

It probably loses them business as well.

• Like 1

Poor result to get KO tonight but I would give Rye a bit of time. Might be a few teams changes. Scott Nicholls is still a superb rider who always give 100% and scores consistently. Hard year at Belle Vue but a credit to the sport and a great asset to every team he rides for..

Watt's got two meetings over this weekend to prove he can still cut the mustard imo. With no out and out number one the lions share of our points have to be shared between the top four and he's looking a shadow of the rider he was right now.

With 15.34 for both Watt/Robson you've got to make changes imo

Garrity 8.55 and Busk 6.50 would make Rye a lot stronger!

Garrity left Rye House under a cloud. Doubt he'd be asked back, but you never know. NBJ is available and would welcome a return he told me.

Can't see this promotion making knee jerk changes after three meetings, unless Watt decides to step down voluntarily.

What about Rob Mear would fit in with Nicholls etc

We don't need a reserve change Edited by Shads

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: By CRAIG SAUL

::::::

ROCKETS EXIT CUP AFTER STING IN TAIL
Thursday April 13, 2017
nicholls_scott.jpg

THE BMR Rockets’ foray into this season’s Knock-Out Cup may have proved a brief one, but they were able to draw positives from a battling second leg performance that saw them go down 51-39 at Swindon to drop the tie 100-80 on aggregate.

It was always going to be an uphill battle to salvage the tie after losing their home leg by 8 points, but the Rockets stayed in contention to secure a positive result from the second until the very closing stages, when three consecutive Robins 5-1s swiftly elevated the score from 36-36 to its final, lopsided 12 point spread.

In between times, the Hertfordshire side had kept the meeting tight, with no more than 2 points separating the teams all evening and not a maximum result in sight. While only providing five race wins, the Rockets proved a compact unit with those five successes coming from different riders. Particularly encouraging was Stuart Robson bouncing back to form after his recent lean spell with a victory and 6 points, and newly qualified British U-21 Finalist Ellis Perks scoring in all bar one of his five outings in what was his first visit to the circuit. Ultimately, the Hertfordshire side was taken down by the left-right combination of Aussies Jason Doyle and Nick Morris (who featured in two of the tail-end 5-1s), with another flurry from fellow Anzac Bradley Wilson-Dean thrown in for good measure.

Talking afterwards, Rye House Team Manager Peter Schroeck felt that “Overall, there were a lot of positives from tonight. The last three races spoiled it a bit, but we generally hung on in there and kept fighting.

“It gives us something to build on when we go back there in the League.

“We are only a fortnight into the season, and three matches in. This was the first of three meetings in three days, and should really help us to build some rhythm. Now it’s on to King’s Lynn tomorrow (Good Friday) before we take them back to Rye House on Saturday.

“It was good to see Robbo (Stuart Robson) back amongst the points. Now we just need to get Davey (Watt) going. His form is very important to us, and there were a few glimpses tonight that he is turning the corner; we just need to get the full breakthrough the way we have with Robbo.

“The next two nights are about local derbies, and that will raise everybody’s game. It’s not just about the points; it’s about local pride, and we’ll get stuck in and go for the result in both matches.”

BMR Rockets:
Scott Nicholls 9, Chris Harris 8+1, Edward Kennett 6+1, Stuart Robson 6, Rob Branford 4, Ellis Perks 3+1, Davey Watt 3

Swindon: Nick Morris 16+1, Jason Doyle 12+1, Bradley Wilson-Dean 10, David Bellego 7+2, Emil Grondal 6, Zach Wajtknecht 0, Adam Ellis R/R

Edited by Guest

The thing with Davey is he had a few poor seasons because of stuff away from speedway which none of us fans were privvy to, so ok I think he could be given a belated pass for that, but after sorting his life out and claiming to be in a better place now than for many a year, so unless its down to poor machinery there is no excuses left, reminds me so much of what happened to his mate Adam Shields.

After the pre season optimism and promising first meeting it all seems to have stalled before the end of April. Tough decisions need to be made

After the pre season optimism and promising first meeting it all seems to have stalled before the end of April. Tough decisions need to be made

Fancy Lynn to win tomorrow. Two home defeats in the first three fixtures would be very damaging for business. With Poole then visiting the week after it looks even worse. Season could be over by end of April.

The problem is Robbo and Watt are taking up nearly 15 points on averages & are nowhere near that. We do not have enough heat winners away from home either all season with this team.

I don't trust the promotion to make changes if it all goes ** up. Jenson & Schroeck seem very wet behind the ears still.

The main body of the Rye team is full of 'big name' riders who are past their best. A top 5 of ex-Bees who had their best years at Brandon and Davey Watt who has struggled for a few years now.

Get the Rye track grippy and they'll be ok at home, but they'll struggle away.

I couldn't understand the optimism before the season.

The Bees team for 2017 was miles better. I didn't rate it particularly highly at first, but over time, it grew on me. I think it would have done ok.

• Like 2

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: By CRAIG SAUL

:::::

MATCH OFF, GAME ON!

The BMR Rockets suffered their postponement of the new season tonight, as their scheduled SGB Premiership clash at King’s Lynn fell victim to wet weather.
The meeting’s start was initially delayed until 8pm, but with heavy rain continuing to fall, there was little option but call the fixture off just ahead of that new slot.
The postponement means that tomorrow’s “return” clash at Hoddesdon will now be the first A10 local derby between the two arch-rivals since 2010, as the Stars head into town led by 2012 World Champion Chris Holder, fellow recent Premiership Pairs winner – and Rye House track record holder – Robert Lambert and former Australian and Elite League Riders’ Champion Troy Batchelor.
Team Manager Peter Schroeck is looking forward to it. “There was a really good crowd and atmosphere building at Lynn prior to the call-off, and I am sure that that will translate to our place tomorrow night.
“So many supporters have told me about the special rivalry between the Rockets and Stars in the past, and there’s no doubt it will be back in force tomorrow, not just in terms of the atmosphere in the stands but also the way all the riders will raise their game.
“It’s all about bragging rights.
“It was disappointing to go out of the Cup, but it’s back to the League now. Ultimately, that’s what we are here for. A lot more positives than negatives came out of our match at Swindon, and based on the mood in the pits at Lynn the boys are full of confidence again.
“They are definitely up for this one.”
BMR Rockets:
Rob Branford, Chris Harris, Edward Kennett (captain), Scott Nicholls, Ellis Perks, Stuart Robson, Davey Watt

King’s Lynn:
Josh Bailey, Troy Batchelor, Chris Holder, Kai Huckenbeck, Robert Lambert (captain), Nicklas Porsing, Lewis Rose

Admission: Adults £18, Seniors (over 60s) £16, Full Time Students (17-22) £10, Children (12-16) £6, Children (under 12) Free. Match Programme £2.00

In addition to the main event, the meeting will include six youth races across 150cc and 250cc classifications.
Edited by Guest