British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:

:::::::

THE FIFTH SIGNING: SPECIAL K COMPLETES TOP FIVE!

Team BMR is delighted to post the news that so many Rye House fans have been waiting all week to hear: that that Rye House No.1 and captain Edward Kennett will be returning for a fourth straight season – and eighth in total – in the Rockets’ colours as they prepare to take their first ever flight into the sport’s top tier.

The former World Cup international will be aiming to build on a 2016 in which he was in white hot form for the Hertfordshire club, racking up a massive 303 points from 27 official matches to head the national Premier League standings with an all-inclusive average of 9.77. Excluding bonus points, that mark will convert to 9.27 and place him just ahead of Scotty Nicholls on 9.23 in the starting averages come next spring.

The Rockets’ new-look top five will be completed by Chris “Bomber” Harris, Davey Watt and the returning Stuart Robson.

Rye House Co-Promoter Steve Jenson is delighted to confirm his skipper’s return. “Like Robbo (Stuart Robson), it was a no brainer really. Eddie had a terrific season this year, and he’s played a big part in the team building process for 2017.

“I believe that 2017 is going to be Eddie’s year. He’s very excited about the New Era of the Premiership at Rye House, and he’s going to thrive on the quiet competition he will face from Scott (Nicholls), Chris (Harris), Davey (Watt) and Robbo.

“Eddie’s signing also completes a top five of four Brits and one honourary one. I don’t think any other side will be able to match that statistic, and for us it’s going to be fantastic for team spirit.”

Edward sets his own scene on next term, saying, “2016 was one of my best seasons, and definitely one of my most consistent. The fact that I finished on top of the Premier League averages proves how consistent it was.

“I’m really looking forward to Rye House moving up to the Premiership, and I have to say I think we’re putting a fantastic Team together. Having Scott (Nicholls) and Chris (Harris) in the side is such a big plus.

“I talked to Scott at the end of last season, and did my bit to attract him here to Rye. He is a class act.

“I’ve known Davey (Watt) for years. He seems totally re-focused, and I think he is going to be another key man for us next year.

“Robbo (Stuart Robson) had a brilliant 2016, and he fully deserved the Mr Rocket Rider of the Year award. As everyone knows, he is such a great trier, and he’s also a firm friend.

“It’s the same with Chris (Harris). He and I go back a long way (to 2009) to when we first rode together at Coventry, and it is fantastic to get him into Rye House.

“We may not have an out and out No.1, but there’s going to be a lot of friendly competition for that spot, and I want to hold onto it. Being captain as well is personally fantastic, and as I said earlier I am really looking forward to the new season.

“It can’t start soon enough.”

Reserves are likely to stay there all season unless one, or both have a great year and Robbo/Watt have stinkers. That's my greatest concer

Who yo thinking they will be I'm think Branford and hopefully JPB or Jack Smith, Will struggle at first but will be ok I think

Of the number one riders announced so far only Doyle is head and shoulders a over any of our riders and his average is four points more expensive, not worth it for what you sacrifice in the lower order. Lindgren and Andersen can certainly be beaten by Harris, Nicholls and Eddie in big heats, so talk of us being weak at the business end of meetings is codswallop as far as I'm concerned.

Branford's signing is very important in my opinion, he was averaging six plus in the PL last year but comes in on a 4.6 average. I'm not sure who we'd go for as his partner though, a JPB/Hume/Smith would see us a point under the limit overall.

I believe Rye House have set down a marker that all other clubs will struggle to compete with..... Certainly great to see and their ambition and enthusiasm reminds me of the year kings Lynn returned to the Elite League.

Agreed, it looks a very decent side.

My only concern is that if they get too good, too quickly, certain members of the establishment might see them as a threat, and we know what happens then. ;)

• Like 1

For all the dart players out there - and anyone else - on 28th November this year that makes it " O N E H U N D R E D & E I G H T Y " and thats quite a good score in my book, and please don't anyone tell me my maths doesn't add up because it is my weakest subject but if I'm right (or not) it's put a smile on my face this morning :party:

I believe Rye House have set down a marker that all other clubs will struggle to compete with..... Certainly great to see and their ambition and enthusiasm reminds me of the year kings Lynn returned to the Elite League.

If all these riders were in there prime this team would be unbeatable but they are not so that is the question we won't know the answer to that until next season .I hope Rye house fans have a great season but I have my doubts Edited by kingbee