British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

Will be missed at the NSS, should the Aces ride again...

Committed and a good leader of the team...

A smaller circuit will be ideal for him and I presume a DU role somewhere? Ipswich maybe?

All Aces fans will, I would think, wish him all the best...

Good signing for the Rockets. Assuming that Kennett is next as number one which in itself is the biggest worry.

Kennett is a good rider but still even in this league not a Number 1. Would rather have Hans than Kennett at number 1 for example. Doyle and Fast Freddie. I wonder if you guys have attracted Harris with some large wages??? Would be a much better number 1. 28 on points on heat leader if you had Kennett. 22 points on 4 riders if you signed a two pointer. 20 points to spend on three which isn't to bad.

Kennett is a good rider but still even in this league not a Number 1. Would rather have Hans than Kennett at number 1 for example. Doyle and Fast Freddie. I wonder if you guys have attracted Harris with some large wages??? Would be a much better number 1. 28 on points on heat leader if you had Kennett. 22 points on 4 riders if you signed a two pointer. 20 points to spend on three which isn't to bad.

I'd prefer Thorssell to Harris if it's a choice but that's off topic with it being a Rye thread.

Ok, have that team. Good luck though give Leicester a good match at least.

You've said it yourself, it isn't the EL anymore. Kennett isn't an out and out number one perhaps but he's a heatleader for sure and his starting average is realistic. Compare us to Swindon for example, Doyle (13.42) and Ellis (7.84) add up to 21.26, Eddie (9.27) and Nicholls (9.23) add up to 18.5. I know which pairing is better value there from a team building standpoint.

Harris' average from the EL is less than Kennett's EL figure if we do have to use that as a reference point. Furthermore if Kennett was to come in on a converted EL figure rather than his PL figure he'd be on a 10.03 average, that suggests his 9.27 average isn't a bad one to sign him on at all.

When did he last appear on these Isle's and on what average? Would make a solid third heat leader or good second string.

In his final season at Rye in 2010 he finished on a 9.53 average