British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

If Scott is the 9+ big name signing ,then it looks like they are going down the strength in depth route,,instead of signing riders that may be on 11+ converted averages...I think this is a good move and Nichols should be able to beat any one round Rye ...Exciting times for the club and it has to be hoped the support warrants the move up to the top division

Rye will suit Scott down to the ground. That must leave big questions marks on BV's participation next year.

Hahaha.

Scott was always leaving. Financial problems or not.

Rye house are very lucky. Ignore his NSS record. He was brilliant for us away.

We were lucky to have him for 3 seasons. And he's a top bloke to.

Perfect start to your team building

• Like 5

If Scott is the 9+ big name signing ,then it looks like they are going down the strength in depth route,,instead of signing riders that may be on 11+ converted averages...I think this is a good move and Nichols should be able to beat any one round Rye ...Exciting times for the club and it has to be hoped the support warrants the move up to the top division

Nicholls comments of several riders all pushing for Number 1 sounds like there is a higher averaged rider coming in but also that there won't be much differences between the top 3 which is always a good sign for any side. I suspect the BMR promotions limited knowledge of the sport will mean a side of established UK names which might not be a bad thing if the pockets can support it.

I like how when Rye House do strength in depth it is a good move but if Poole do it then it's bad! Anyway look forward to see who else they are going to get.

Nicholls comments of several riders all pushing for Number 1 sounds like there is a higher averaged rider coming in but also that there won't be much differences between the top 3 which is always a good sign for any side. I suspect the BMR promotions limited knowledge of the sport will mean a side of established UK names which might not be a bad thing if the pockets can support it.

Eddie Kennett, if signed as expected, comes in on an average just higher than Nicholls'.

I like how when Rye House do strength in depth it is a good move but if Poole do it then it's bad! Anyway look forward to see who else they are going to get.

Strength in depth will be key in this league, the promotion at Poole are known for building winning sides, not employing riders out of a sense of loyalty (releasing Chris Holder being a prime example). If they are going down the strength in depth route too it's encouraging to see us approaching things in the same manner.

There's lot of talk about Thomas Jorgensen, there's usually no smoke without fire, I can see something along the lines of:

1. Kennett

2. Robson

3. Jorgensen

4. NBJ

5. Nicholls

6. Branford

7. Kasper/Heeps.

Not how I'd have done things perhaps but doesn't look like a team of whipping boys.

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 1

Eddie Kennett, if signed as expected, comes in on an average just higher than Nicholls'.

Strength in depth will be key in this league, the promotion at Poole are known for building winning sides, not employing riders out of a sense of loyalty (releasing Chris Holder being a prime example). If they are going down the strength in depth route too it's encouraging to see us approaching things in the same manner.

There's lot of talk about Thomas Jorgensen, there's usually no smoke without fire, I can see something along the lines of:

1. Kennett

2. Robson

3. Jorgensen

4. NBJ

5. Nicholls

6. Branford

7. Kasper/Heeps.

Not how I'd have done things perhaps but doesn't look like a team of whipping boys.

Ok, have that team. Good luck though give Leicester a good match at least.

1. Kennett

2. Robson

3. Jorgensen

4. NBJ

5. Nicholls

6. Branford

7. Kasper/Heeps.

Rate Thomas good if he signs

Good luck Scott.

He is one of the all time greats in terms of racing ability.

Without a doubt the best away rider around Kirky Lane....one of the very few that could take Jason Crump from the back .

Yeah not much good around NSS suited to more smaller tighter tracks

Why? A track that he never went very well on, A long journey and a team that needed to cut some riders, Think your putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5

For a start its a dam cite shorter journey from his house than it would be back to BV. assuming they run... Any rider can perservere with a track, Poole was a long way down Tricks list of favorite tracks, and he didn't do to badly so no reason why after a period of time Scott wont get the hang of it.