British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2017

I can imagine it will be hard for apposing teams to go to Rye House and win. They have gone for experience and riders who know how to win. I am in no doubt they will put up a decent showing in the Premier League. Its difficult to say how good they can do, until we see more team announcements.... but on their signings I can see plenty to get excited about.....

I think what you will get from those 5 is commitment, they are known for being racers on the track who seldom give up, (ok maybe not so much Watty in past seasons but none of us knew what was going on behind the scenes!) I doubt there will be many meetings where Rye will need to use guests riders etc, this is a workman like team and I doubt they will get troubled at home but still offer a reasonable amount of fire power on their travels, something my team could never do.

Smart team from Rye House really If having to have 2 british riders in sides. Taking some of the top British riders will only make other teams weaker in those areas and also won't be asking for the top wages of riders overseas.

Very true. In fact the remaining unsigned British riders could ask a little more as they are required by all teams.

I think as a club dipping their toe into the top league Rye need to win at home more often than not and their signings so far reflect that. A bit like Lynn did in 2011 in signing Allen & Topinka who perhaps weren't the best signings on paper but were strong at Lynn and contributed to only losing at home a couple of times that year.

So how would you line them up? Id go

1. Kennett

2. Robson

3. Watt

4. Harris

5. Nicholls

Then hopefully

6. Branford

7. JPB

Pretty much as I had the 1-5, but with Harris & Watt swapped

Wrong, at the 3rd decimal place averages are round-down between 0-4 and round-up 5-9.

Harris average is 9.21

Where's that written down?

Pretty much as I had the 1-5, but with Harris & Watt swapped

Kennett and Robbo have plenty of experience of riding with each other. Nicholls being able to gate makes him a better option to go out with the reserves which leaves Watt/Harris at 3 and 4, would have Bomber at 4 though, bit stronger in heat 14.

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 1

Wrong, at the 3rd decimal place averages are round-down between 0-4 and round-up 5-9.

Harris average is 9.21

Actually, that is what I thought but young Ben told me I was incorrect. Maybe the principle of mathmatics has change since I was at school. It was in the distant past after all!

Edited by tocha

Where's that written down?

Kennett and Robbo have plenty of experience of riding with each other. Nicholls being able to gate makes him a better option to go out with the reserves which leaves Watt/Harris at 3 and 4, would have Bomber at 4 though, bit stronger in heat 14.

we'd have won by then Edited by Shads
  • Like 1