British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2017

Why would Berwick be in the Glasgow P&P?

i dont think it a practice day , just a PRESS day. it has happened at Newcastle in the past with four teams represented by 2 riders . they have a photo shoot/interview and the have a wee run around the track . just an awareness thing to make people know that speedway is just around the corner . newcastle,workington , berwick and redcar ...........

the only other thing i can think of is its the hob knobs upmarket way of doing things at one of the football stadiums ... glasgow , i BELIEVE are not one of the 4 teams involved in the day at newcastle .. unless they would like to pay to gain a spot of course ..

waiting !.

i dont think it a practice day , just a PRESS day. it has happened at Newcastle in the past with four teams represented by 2 riders . they have a photo shoot/interview and the have a wee run around the track . just an awareness thing to make people know that speedway is just around the corner . newcastle,workington , berwick and redcar ...........

the only other thing i can think of is its the hob knobs upmarket way of doing things at one of the football stadiums ... glasgow , i BELIEVE are not one of the 4 teams involved in the day at newcastle .. unless they would like to pay to gain a spot of course ..

waiting !.

Launched in 2014, the North of England Speedway Launch was an idea by the late Bob Tasker (GRT Media) and it has happened every year since.

Again you pay full price - subscribers get a discount but get 3rd class service - if they can deliver to newsagents in Paisley on a thursday why not houses its not rocket science??

I don't mind paying the full price to get it on a Thursday every week .

waiting !.

This is epic even by your standards 😳. In summary, someone asks any news on Glasgow's p and p day. A bandit fan(?) hopes bandits riders get a ride at Glasgow p and p, Glasgow fan asks why would bandits be at Glasgow p and p and then knowing nothing about Glasgow plans you post what you did.

• Like 2

I don't mind paying the full price to get it on a Thursday every week .

Good for you but I think your missing the point - I pay in advance even though less overall than you but how should I receive it regularly on a monday - if they can get in shops for Thursday then why not to subscribers - net result is they will lose out as I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription and picking up the occasional copy from Tesco as opposed to 52 issues a year - only one loser there - Pinegen

Right, now we've got all that irrelevant drivel out of the way, does anyone know anything about Glasgow's P&P/Meet the Riders event ? Date/time/venue ?

I believe it is Saturday 18 March for p&p not sure of time not heard anything about meet the riders bearing in mind many will be rider in ben fund meeting on 12 March

You're lucky.

Yeas very lucky - my subscription started on 1 October 2016 & i've had it on a thursday twice majority come on saturday or monday (last 4 weeks ) really not acceptable to pay by DD in advance to get such a poor service

I believe it is Saturday 18 March for p&p not sure of time not heard anything about meet the riders bearing in mind many will be rider in ben fund meeting on 12 March

Aaron Summers will be riding at Berwick on Saturday 18th so not likely to be at Glasgow that day

Edited by happyvalleywoolerman

Again you pay full price - subscribers get a discount but get 3rd class service - if they can deliver to newsagents in Paisley on a thursday why not houses its not rocket science??

Different channels: individual subscriptions to folk's houses uses postal/mail system, whereas newsagents get theirs through warehouse/trade distribution.

Correct about the discounted price, but in my experience its usually Thursday (about 80% of the time), sometimes a Friday (about 19% of the time), very very rarely a Saturday (once every 5 years or about 0.4% of the time) and practically never on a Monday (once every 10 years or about 0.2% of the time). And I live back of beyond.

Wrong Glasgow are a Scottish based team without a Scottish born rider .

So the "Peterborough" riders are all born in Peterborough?

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

Different channels: individual subscriptions to folk's houses uses postal/mail system, whereas newsagents get theirs through warehouse/trade distribution.

Correct about the discounted price, but in my experience its usually Thursday (about 80% of the time), sometimes a Friday (about 19% of the time), very very rarely a Saturday (once every 5 years or about 0.4% of the time) and practically never on a Monday (once every 10 years or about 0.2% of the time). And I live back of beyond.

So the "Peterborough" riders are all born in Peterborough?

Get real nobody suggested they were did they.

Aaron Summers will be riding at Berwick on Saturday 18th so not likely to be at Glasgow that day

If the P & P is on that day it will be not likely our club captain will be at Berwick.

But this date is not confirmed as yet.