British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2017

Heard Danny needs £7,000 for a shoulder operation. :neutral:

should have had better medical insurance then

if i was racing at this level id have looked into medical insurance

i had cover conected to riding bikes on the road when i was younger and it covered for any sporting events aswell wasnt expensive but that was when i was younger and with all the clever people claiming for broken finger nails and such like its drove insurance cover up a fair bit

Maybe I'm reading too much into things but does anyone else think the promotion have the other 4 members of the team already signed, just not announced. The road we're going down seems to suggest (to me at least) that we will have Bewley, Lunna and Smith as 3 of the next 4.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm reading too much into things but does anyone else think the promotion have the other 4 members of the team already signed, just not announced. The road we're going down seems to suggest (to me at least) that we will have Bewley, Lunna and Smith as 3 of the next 4.

Looks that way it all seems very relaxed which suggests all pieces off the jigsaw are in place.

All Championship sides are practically complete, with the exception of sides arguing over 2 pointers. A good 2 pointer can literally name their price with the ridiculous rules.

• Like 1

Bewley would be mad to sign for team where he would start in the 1-5 when pretty much any other team he'd start in reserve and allow him to rakc up some big points and thus money in the first few weeks. That said if Glasgow pay him more than any other club..... And his last 10 meeting he was averaging 6+ last season so he'll be in the 1-5 of any team very soon.

should have had better medical insurance then

if i was racing at this level id have looked into medical insurance

i had cover conected to riding bikes on the road when i was younger and it covered for any sporting events aswell wasnt expensive but that was when i was younger and with all the clever people claiming for broken finger nails and such like its drove insurance cover up a fair bit

Interesting response.

Does anyone know anything specific about speedway riders and insurance?

Is speedway so potentially dangerous that taking out insurance is too prohibitively expensive?

Interesting response.

Is speedway so potentially dangerous that taking out insurance is too prohibitively expensive?

Insurance never comes cheap, but, it is essential. I am not sure it is compulsory, but certainly should be, it also should be a proviso of the licence to ride.

• Like 1

Interesting response.

Riders are generally deducted basic insurance @ source, usually at £5 per race, IIRC.

It's then up to the individual rider if they want to take out additional, and more comprehensive, insurance cover.

• Like 2

Just been posted on our official website that season ticket prices will remain the same as last season but it will include an extra 4 meetings for 2017, fantastic gesture to the supporters, I believe it works out at just over £11.50 per home meeting.

Available to buy at the clubs first winter event this Friday where the 4th rider for 2017 will be announced. Happy days!

• Like 2