British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2017

With Richie now back meaning we have used 25.28 points on our top 3 meaning 14.72 for the other 4 think this 3 are nailed on

Bewley 3.90

Nike 4.90

Smith 2.00

Leaving 3.92 for the final rider personally I would opt for Tom Perry on 3.76 as we are just 0.08 short on opting for Sissis he would be the more reliable choice rather than Danny Ayres.

Tom Perry a reliable 3 point rider after 5 years of Elite & Premier league speedway over Danny Ayers who if he didn't try so hard and throw away silly points we couldn't fit in the team. I'm sorry it would have to be Danny every time.

I'd agree with your other 3 though.

But they're riders that are as consistent as my bowel movements :)

Have you considered lactulose? 😜

With Richie now back meaning we have used 25.28 points on our top 3 meaning 14.72 for the other 4 think this 3 are nailed on

Bewley 3.90

Nike 4.90

Smith 2.00

Leaving 3.92 for the final rider personally I would opt for Tom Perry on 3.76 as we are just 0.08 short on opting for Sissis he would be the more reliable choice rather than Danny Ayres.

Sissis rumoured to be going back to road racing, plus like many he will carry a 4 point average.

Im please Richie has stayed at Glasgow,it will do him good

hes moved clubs alot in quite a short stint at speedway and think stay put at same track will do him good,

For the huge amount of talent he has on a bike[alway looks so natural on a speedway bike] ive often thought he should really be a top rider now,i hope 2017 will see him become one

• Like 1

Glad to have Richie back , he was our best and most consistent rider last season . We might look a wee bit top heavy , but it's a potent top 3 in a weakened league . Whom ever we sign to back those three up , presumably Lunna and whover else fits , will have to improve . But that was the exact same scenario at the start of 2016 , and that side did fantastically well .

• Like 4

Glasgow even more top heavy this time than last. It's no good winning races if there is no one to back up. If one of your top three fails you are seriously in the doo dah. I think with the new points limit it's all about strength through out the team. I would have gone for two out of three of these, with Worrall the fall guy. He would easily get a no 1 jacket elsewhere.

Glasgow even more top heavy this time than last. It's no good winning races if there is no one to back up. If one of your top three fails you are seriously in the doo dah. I think with the new points limit it's all about strength through out the team. I would have gone for two out of three of these, with Worrall the fall guy. He would easily get a no 1 jacket elsewhere.

You have really no idea how popular Richie has become with the Glasgow support , as are the other two of the " top heavy trio " . Who's to say any of the remaining four unsigned as of yet riders wont prove successful back up .

• Like 1

Top heavy doesnt matter if you can attract the riders at the bottom end that can improve.

If it is to be Bewley Smith and Lunna as predicted by many then Glasgow may well have that and get the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

Top heavy doesnt matter if you can attract the riders at the bottom end that can improve.

If it is to be Bewley Smith and Lunna as predicted by many then Glasgow may well have that and get the best of both worlds.

Agree,that's a good top 3,you can bet there will be an improver or two in the next 4.looks a decent start to Team building.

Before his injury he was beating opposition number ones for fun and was single handedly holding the Monarchs season together.

Any spell at reserve for Dan would be short lived. With Lunna and Bewley we would be looking at potentially five riders battling for the heat leader positions.

The team could be very strong indeed!

Edited by Fingersfin

You have really no idea how popular Richie has become with the Glasgow support , as are the other two of the " top heavy trio " . Who's to say any of the remaining four unsigned as of yet riders wont prove successful back up .

Diidnt say he wasnt popular Im sure he is. All this talk of Bewley. is it a given that he is a Tiger next year. Someone said about Lunna maybe being a heat leader as well. not sure again. and the boy Smith has done well in the National .but as we found out with Zach its a tough step up in class at the next level. If one of the top three does have an off day that is a lot of pressure on the other four guys. I think if the points limit had remained the same I would be saying good start. For what its worth I think Scunnys 2017 line up looks very competitive if they can manage to all stay fit.

Yeah Scunny look competitive like they did in 2016, the 71 19 thrashing they received at a very long tail Glasgow side has really got us all worried with there totally new look 2017 team. Lol

I have a feeling most clubs will go for more big hitters and we will see many 2 point reserves, watch this space!

• Like 1

Yeah Scunny look competitive like they did in 2016, the 71 19 thrashing they received at a very long tail Glasgow side has really got us all worried with there totally new look 2017 team. Lol

I have a feeling most clubs will go for more big hitters and we will see many 2 point reserves, watch this space!

just as well they were so poor that day or the team would not be under this years limit......

😲😲😲

• Like 1

I'm sure they would have just got the limit to 41 or whatever Rob Godfrey and co needed for 2017 lol

The points limit could have been brought up by anyone BUT is was voted in by the rest of the promoters.

We have benefited by keeping the same team we ended 2016 with. How many fans would like to see that at their club?