British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2017

not according to the official , UNOFFICIAL COMETS website . so that means anyone can have young dan in at number 7 .i think its in the 2017 thread . and that from a part of the worky team . but they say ALL new riders come in on a 2.00 which i think is wrong . we need to get this sorted asap from the bspa

so who do you believe ?

The bit I am not sure about, is can you substitute your 3 point rider at No7 with anyone below such as the 2 point rule rider or say 2.4 rider

pass .

I think this is a case of the BSPA have in their mind what they mean, but have missed those bits out when explaining it, and assumed they have told us and explained it to us. They have over complicated a simple rule change, should have been No7 rider will be British and come in on a 3 point average, if less than 3 still come in a 3. Could have fixed the No 6 position as being a British rider with between a 3 ave & 5 ave at the same time, in both cases remain in that position for the whole of the season, enabling young British riders to settle in and learn their craft.

• Like 1

It seems clear it's 2 for new riders. And that is sensible given the finishing averages of this years number 7's, more than half of them never reached 3.

Not clear at all mate. If one thing was drummed into me in my job that entails analysing contracts and in doing my law degree (I'm not a lawyer) its the following guidance: "It isn't what you THINK it says or any preconceived notion, its what the wording actually states in English". So, read the actual words given mate, and it is far for clear and certainly not defined. :t:

I think this is a case of the BSPA have in their mind what they mean, but have missed those bits out when explaining it, and assumed they have told us and explained it to us. They have over complicated a simple rule change.

Exactly!! :t:

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

I have a new take on the new Brit ruling, even though my previous post of my interpretation was genuine, the wording of the rule & subsequent tweets are ambiguous.

The ruling could have said " All British riders new to the Championship will start on a new minimum assessed 2. Any rider from 2016 who is still assessed at 3 will be amended to their true average (Bailey 2.05, Greaves 2.32, etc) but not lower than the minimum of 2."

• Like 3

I have a new take on the new Brit ruling, even though my previous post of my interpretation was genuine, the wording of the rule & subsequent tweets are ambiguous.

The ruling could have said " All British riders new to the Championship will start on a new minimum assessed 2. Any rider from 2016 who is still assessed at 3 will be amended to their true average (Bailey 2.05, Greaves 2.32, etc) but not lower than the minimum of 2."

It could have said that, but unfortunately it doesn't say that! I questioned this on the Sheffield thread last week. Pity you aren't on the BSPA IronScorpion - all this uncertainty wouldn't have happened, would it?

I see Nike and Coty have been saddled with a 5 average according to the final greensheet averages and Arthur Sissis too

If that is the case, I can't see Nike's average being a problem in him getting a team place somewhere, even if it isn't at Glasgow. He frankly should be achieving far more than a 5 point average in the 2017 watered down Premier League.

If that is the case, I can't see Nike's average being a problem in him getting a team place somewhere, even if it isn't at Glasgow. He frankly should be achieving far more than a 5 point average in the 2017 watered down Premier League.

Nike has an actual average of 4.90 so coming in on a 5 shouldn't be a problem. If we have Aaron, Richie and Richard then we need improvers for the rest, Nike should do that and hopefully if we have Bewely then he should reach almost 6 if he continues how he was at the end of season that wouldn't leave much for our 2 reserves. Would ideally like Bewely at reserve but I am sure he wouldn't be fazed as a second string, however it is all speculation depending on the strength of our heatleaders
  • Like 1