British Speedway Forum

Speedway Agm

TB1

Do they really think thats the only worthwhile thing to announce after Day 1 ?, do they think we are all mugs, if thats all we deserve to know..

There hasn't been any other announcements other than Lakeside withdrawing from the EL

I know somerset are going to be running in EL, I am assuming Rye is the other but who is the third Sheffield?

Do you ?

There's been talk of a a whole host of sides potentially moving up to the EL, if only half of them are true, it does leave the PL looking rather vulnerable with concerns (of varying degrees) over the viability of other clubs being added into the mix.

Are there any NL teams likely to make the move up to PL?

Up to EL?

Somerset

Kent Kings

Ipswich

Possibly?

But you dont know, so lets wait and see.

Do they really think thats the only worthwhile thing to announce after Day 1 ?, do they think we are all mugs, if thats all we deserve to know..

Some people just jump in without really thinking, but trying to be the first to 'get one in'. :nono:

Decisions are NOT announced on a day by day basis and very rarely are as the main announcement is released usually at end of business on the third day.

As Danny Smith has said earlier, the only story coming out is that Lakeside have withdrawn from the EL, but I would guess that this as a result of the club issuing it .

There's been talk of a a whole host of sides potentially moving up to the EL, if only half of them are true, it does leave the PL looking rather vulnerable with concerns (of varying degrees) over the viability of other clubs being added into the mix.

Are there any NL teams likely to make the move up to PL?

Berwick already announced they are running, along with Redcar. The only real doubts are Plymouth and Worky.

Edited by Tsunami

The racing was very good this season. didn't you post a while back and say that was the main thing you were interested in?

In your opinion.

When I compare racing in general from what I've watched, the PL is far more entertaining than the EL.

I'm glad you and others enjoy the EL...it's just my personal choice and preference.

Did you get to many live EL meetings or PL meetings yourself?

What did you find as a whole experience at the track was better?

I don't watch speedway on TV, so couldn't give you a perspective from that point of view.

• Like 1

Friday night traffic seems to be the main issue. They want to run weekends and can't really do that at EL level

There are already other events at Arena Essex at weekends which complicate possible Saturday or Sunday speedway for Lakeside Hammers. On alternate Sundays the stadium owners stage their car racing meetings. On quite a few Saturdays long-term tenants The Rolling Thunder Show stage their car race meetings.

Edited by Guest

They should call it the , A.D.S. annual disappointment for supporters . every year we all hope for some radical changes to give our sport a much needed boost

and every year as the news slowly leaks out ,it the same old Shyte with a few little tweaks ,annual disappointment

• Like 1

They should call it the , A.D.S. annual disappointment for supporters . every year we all hope for some radical changes to give our sport a much needed boost

and every year as the news slowly leaks out ,it the same old Shyte with a few little tweaks ,annual disappointment

Well you haven't heard anything yet and I would think the majority only expect "a few little tweaks."

Well you haven't heard anything yet and I would think the majority only expect "a few little tweaks."

The basic points we fans need to know are:

1. Which teams will be in what league.

2. For EL. Are the weekly race nights going to be set i.e. one or two nights per week.

3. Total team points limit

4. Any significant rule changes re Tactical substitutes or similar.

If anybody else want to add any significant "wants" feel free to add.

Edited by 1 valve