British Speedway Forum

Speedway Agm

TB1

If each club had been given £1m sponsorship and admission was reduced to a quid, there'd still be moaners on here.

You'l find 4 of them on our forum..

• Like 2

Doubling up will be the big issue. With 36 league fixtures in both leagues, using a doubling up rider will be a big risk. Bigger than last season when there were lots of problems with absent riders. I also wouldn't get overly excited if I was a Chris Harris or a Scott Nicholls thinking they'll be guaranteed CL spots. With a 40 point limit there won't be many teams using 9.5 point men. Still everybody knows the rules so there's no use complaining when double up riders are unavailable.

Promotion and relegation remains a gimick for me. I don't think there is any real belief that anyone will get relegated or a CL team would accept a move up.

And with the 50 point limit - what happens when the real averages kick in after the first set of averages are released? Does the 50 point limit still apply? Are we going to see teams making lots of team changes as soon as the real averages apply?

Lots of good things announced but still some grey areas.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 1

@SpeedwayGB what happens to riders who will have converted avg over 12 eg Doyle? Will it be capped? Certain to fall once they get proper avg

EL average to be multiplied by 1.4 and after first set of averages new figure applies.

@SpeedwayGB e.g a rider has Champ average of 9 but is averaging 6.5 in Prem, what average is used for team changes?

SpeedwayGB@SpeedwayGB 3h

SpeedwayGB Retweeted Josh Gudgeon

The average of the relevant league for a rider with two averages.

tbh, most riders in the top tier will have their averages fall. Given team's can build to 50, but once new averages come out then the average per team will be aorund 42. the likes of the worralls for example wont maintain 8.5 averages in the top flight. Even on a 14, which will likely drop to an 11 say, i still see value in Doyle, given he can take 5 rides per meeting, and the ability to use him for TR. bur vertainly there will be some bargains, and riders with overinflated averages.

Adam Ellis i think swill still be ok on his average, it is lower than say Richie Worrall, and I'd definitely take Ellis of those two.

• Like 1

As with most immediate post-AGM statements, the 'devil is in the detail' of what is NOT mentioned!!

Any changes to assessed foreign riders?

Will the 'team-building' points limits change after the first set of averages? and if so to what?

Is there any change to the doubling-up rule and criteria?

• Like 1

one aspect which I do think should be addressed is the extra's that riders get from clubs , firstly I would just like to say riders deserve millions however the millions are not there so something has to change ,I recently saw the demands of a premier league rider and points money aside he was asking for the equivalent of £10000 in add on's up front , add on's being flights,van,mechanic ,workshop,signing on fee + a few other things and this seems to be the norm these days, ive even heard of national league riders asking for some of these things , now can clubs really afford this ? if all 7 wanted this then that's £70000 even before a wheel has been turned , I heard today of one of the tracks in financial trouble hadn't paid the lease money for their reserve riders van and it was returned to the company ,why is he even getting a van ?

Because money talks and even if this practise was banned there would still be ways around it, backhanders and "incentives". If that's the amounts you've heard about I can only imagine those which you haven't.

As with most immediate post-AGM statements, the 'devil is in the detail' of what is NOT mentioned!!

Any changes to assessed foreign riders?

Will the 'team-building' points limits change after the first set of averages? and if so to what?

Is there any change to the doubling-up rule and criteria?

Logic would be that polish or swedish top flight riders without a 2016 uk average come in on a 1.4 multiplier. 1.2 for 2nd tier in those countries or Danish top flight.

And team building averages drop to 43 for re declarations.

Those are the sort of things that should have already been thought about and clarified.

My concern is it will occur to them only in june..

• Like 1

So Glasgow could win the Championship, beat Leicester in the play off's, then refuse to go up. Meanwhile, Buxton finish bottom of the National League, but apply to join the Premiership, & are accepted. No wonder people don't take Speedway seriously !!

They can't refuse to go up its been agreed by all clubs

• Like 1

They can't refuse to go up its been agreed by all clubs

I suppose a few unfortunate engine failures would be a way around it, if they really felt that strongly about it.

Honestly though, the difference between the 2 leagues will basically be the smallest it's ever been.

The biggest downfall would be geography.

EL is now largely southern, whereas PL is mostly northern.

I suppose a few unfortunate engine failures would be a way around it, if they really felt that strongly about it.

Honestly though, the difference between the 2 leagues will basically be the smallest it's ever been.

effectively the difference between the 2 leagues is now just 1 rider.

Replace the Championship no7 3 pointer with a Premiership no1 13 pointer.

The other 6 could be the same.

So the meeting between the bottom top league and top bottom league teams could be interesting as each team could be trying to get the lowest score.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

If you do not have it over two legs the 1st division sides will not take part as they need the home leg to cover the costs of their riders.

Anything that is not solely 1st division league speedway does not attract most fans as they think league racing is all that matters. The 1st division stopped second half racing because many fans did not bother to hang around for it.

Actually the biggest laugh today was when somebody moaned about Wolves racing alternate weeks when there are only enough meetings to race every other week already; that may change next year or some stupid formula where team play one team four time but other teams twice during the season. I cannot believe that that was ever tried in the first place.

Sorry but that is far from a good enough reason for giving the fans something good to watch. To take another leaf from the FA Cup's book the gate receipts for each tie could be shared between the teams and there's how the riders are paid.

Having a cup competition, the only cup competition, is a completely different kettle of fish to second half heats. The suggestion I made was also for the top tier team to travel away if drawn against a lower level side. It gives their fans the chance to travel to another circuit.