British Speedway Forum

Speedway Agm

TB1

I am at a loss to see what has been done that would encourage an increase in attendances

Im with you on that one.The only advantage is the Championship seems to be a Northern League barring Peterborough and Ipswich,which might help with travel costs etc,and more local derbies for the clubs.The rest just seems to be the usual fag packet stuff. Edited by Fromafar

You tell me. Have spent 20 minutes Googling and can only see articles that said academy exists. Nothing on how to join in, prices, times, or any other details you'd expect. Even the BSPA's website doesn't have a "get involved" tab with such information.

Well, the best I can come up with on the BSPA site regarding a National Speedway Academy is this:-

http://www.speedwaygb.co/speedwaytrainingprogramme

Now this appears to be some kind of commercial apprenticeship type of thing and seems to based in Norwich.

Possibly, this is the blueprint for the syllabus at the Academy and it could be that the BSPA is allowing a third party to get the thing up and running.

Hopefully, we will hear something before we get too close to next season.

:t:

reversion to a conventional format, and likely use of 2/3 point brits to get under the points limit, i think the racing this year will be less competitive than in 2016.

So it will do nothing to attract more or new fans..

So with all the AGM decisions being based around the old PL format and averages, does that mean admission to all tracks will be at PL/Championship prices?!

Should be at least a quid or two cheaper for the majority of the 2016 EL clubs?!

I would expect so ...

So with all the AGM decisions being based around the old PL format and averages, does that mean admission to all tracks will be at PL/Championship prices?!

Should be at least a quid or two cheaper for the majority of the 2016 EL clubs?!

I hope that is the case but cannot see the promoters doing that. What it will probably do is put them off raising the entry price for the 2017 season.

• Like 1

Or Premiership 1.4 x Championship prices! (Just kidding!) :D

• Like 3

I'd suggest that's exactly how the promoters came up with their current ideas. Promotion/relegation is already used in Sweden and Poland, although teams do still pick and chose whether they want to be promoted. Riders like AJ double up in two leagues in Sweden. Now if we could only copy the Danish league's progression scheme where they offer track days and the use of a bike to get youngsters interested in the sport, we might be a goer.

The Swedish Leagues rider on different nights which makes doubling up easier. If we can't eliminate the miss-use of "guests" then we need to minimise it somehow

• Like 1

Not in The Premiership, we'll probably have to pay EL prices x 1.4, so an increase! :nono::nono::nono:

The Swedish Leagues rider on different nights which makes doubling up easier. If we can't eliminate the miss-use of "guests" then we need to minimise it somehow

Do they actively encourage their riders to do 2 leagues, surely it's good for their careers?

If only SGBPrem and SGBChamp were able to race on differing nights too, even if it's 4 nights for Champ and 3 for Prem ...

Some big changes but have there been enough?

Do not think costs have been addressed enough but we may not know yet all the changes the promoters have agreed to.

For me the TR rule should have been dumped and I cannot see the promotion and relegation working, it will certainly be interesting to see the make up of the teams in both leagues and how they compare.

With very few clubs actually breaking even and even less making a profit the money paid to riders is a big concern when money coming in from attendances does not cover all costs!!

Even a successful club like Glasgow ran at a loss, what chance for other clubs, it's a no win situation run like Redcar and break even or be successful and lose money.....

Some EL clubs were cheaper for me and my daughter to attend than some PL clubs in 2016.

Has the 'new foreigner' assessed average been agreed?

Might need a few to reduce the amount of DU's..

Would imagine somewhere around 7.5 - 8 looking at the quality of riders around those figures?

And how will any returning (not going to happen I am sure but just in case...) previous World level riders eg NP, Hancock, Emil etc be assessed?

Presume x1.4 from their last average? Or re-assessed like Lindback's was and then x1.4?

Time is cracking on to build the teams given the points limits and number of riders needed so presume all this is decided but not released?