British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

I can certainly see the sense in that particularly if you are confident at least 1 will kick on.

Leaves you very vunerable if you have to run with r/r though.

Will Connor be fit anyway?

I'd go with both if they are both going to be fit next season .

Both young talented and both look very keen .

They are certainly both the type of rider the PL reserve positions HAVE to set up for to encourage and give an opportunity to.

• Like 1

Question is where did this rumoured lower points limit come from? Somebody actually in the know or pure speculation as it's been talked about before.

I know it's already been said but watering down the product is hardly going to get people coming back to the stands in droves!

And whilst I fully understand the concept of trying to save money and making the clubs more sustainable it is a worldwide fact in any sport that richer owners will be able to put together more competitive teams. The better mid order riders with potential will naturally be attracted to and snapped up by those that pay the most.

As far as I'm aware the Witches are not one of the teams under threat of closing and I just hope that we can put together a septet that will be in the mix next year, whatever stupid rules the BSPA happen to come up with!

Any two of those would do for me baldy, barring doolan, he been on the decline for some time now whereas all of the others could improve on starting averages!

Porsing and busk Jacobsen

Or

Schlein and Douglas

an Aussie pair or a danish pair to ride together

Edited by 89buttons

I just wish they'd get the agm over and done with so we know where we stand.

The promoter's obviously know more than us which is why Chris Louis has said he has a few ideas of the team for next year already.

I would imagine that all ideas will just have to be ratified before everyone can go away and get there teams organised.

The only issues may be around the teams that are struggling financially wanting to cut costs and trying to force certain issues onto others.

I do very much sympathise with those teams but the only answer is to compete at a level that's viable to keep running. If that means NL for some then that's the way it has to be.

If the Witches future was in doubt i know I would rather be in a lower league and sustainable than not have speedway at all.

Edited by Super Blue

I just wish they'd get the agm over and done with so we know where we stand.

The promoter's obviously know more than us which is why Chris Louis has said he has a few ideas of the team for next year already.

I would imagine that all ideas will just have to be ratified before everyone can go away and get there teams organised.

The only issues may be around the teams that are struggling financially wanting to cut costs and trying to force certain issues onto others.

I do very much sympathise with those teams but the only answer is to compete at a level that's viable to keep running. If that means NL for some then that's the way it has to be.

If the Witches future was in doubt i know I would rather be in a lower league and sustainable than not have speedway at all.

Presumably the increased attendances since July will have improved the coffers. However I think most are aware of the shockingly high cost of running a speedway team. I think we are lucky at Ipswich, I like most don't have any faith in the sport itself or rather the way it is run.

What good news it is that risager is not coming over next season that gives cl the chance to potentially put a good team together lets hope he does.

Personally I would only keep King, Sarg, Hume and perhaps Barker. Schlien and Porsing sound very inviting along with Ritchie Worrell so two of these riders would appeal to me. Hume and Mountain at reserve

sounds a bit dodgy to me so perhaps Hume needs a stronger partner.

Thing is, if you go too top heavy with 2 reserves that have got potential it could be brilliant later in the season or totally disastrous, do you take that risk that they will produce before its too late. I know we made positive changes this year that came good but I'd like make a better start than this year.

It's all about opinions but personally I don't think we'll get many points away from home with a Mountain/Hume reserve pairing. Not for a while anyway.