British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

Brian Havelock? Redcar fans must be pleased He has left as doesn't know a good team when He sees one.

LMAO at his prediction 😲😂

I write to express my gratitude to Richard Garrett from Sound 4 Pro Audio and Ian King from Kingsound, who are the guys that have come in to Foxhall and sorted out the PA system. Without going into a load of detail, they found numerous faults with the system that have now been rectified and I think you will agree if you were in attendance last night (vs Berwick) that the PA is the best it has sounded in a very long time.

We spent time before the meeting going round the entire stadium, balancing the amplifiers in each area to ensure we had the optimum settings in each area. There is just one area that remains to be recified (round the 3rd/4th bends) where the actual speaker units themselves need to be replaced.

Richard has begun discussions with Deane Wood (from Spedeworth) and has put forward some initial proposals in terms of replacement of the entire system, as in Richard's words "He has got the car through the MOT, but with numerous advisories!"

The system (in its current setting) will not be effective in the stands on the backstraight (owing to the angle of the speakers etc) and as has been said before, this would require a detailed site survey and proposal agreed with Suffolk Coastal District Council, who have a very strict noise abatement policy and procedure in place for the entire stadium. But the foundation for future works has now begun and I, for one, will continue to campaign for a satisfactory, long term resolution for all concerned.

But when I visited "The Massif" last night, I noticed the difference in the audibility of the system, so I think progress has been made and we are working in the right direction.

I certainly have received numerous positive comments from many supporters following last night's meeting, who have said how much their enjoyment of the event was enhanced by being able to hear the announcements etc - along with more clarity from the system.

So thanks again to Richard and Ian for conducting the work and also to both Ipswich Speedway and Spedeworth for commissioning the improvements.

Regards

Edited by Presenter
  • Like 5

I write to express my gratitude to Richard Garrett from Sound 4 Pro Audio and Ian King from Kingsound, who are the guys that have come in to Foxhall and sorted out the PA system. Without going into a load of detail, they found numerous faults with the system that have now been rectified and I think you will agree if you were in attendance last night (vs Berwick) that the PA is the best it has sounded in a very long time.

We spent time before the meeting going round the entire stadium, balancing the amplifiers in each area to ensure we had the optimum settings in each area. There is just one area that remains to be recified (round the 3rd/4th bends) where the actual speaker units themselves need to be replaced.

Richard has begun discussions with Deane Wood (from Spedeworth) and has put forward some initial proposals in terms of replacement of the entire system, as in Richard's words "He has got the car through the MOT, but with numerous advisories!"

The system (in its current setting) will not be effective in the stands on the backstraight (owing to the angle of the speakers etc) and as has been said before, this would require a detailed site survey and proposal agreed with Suffolk Coastal District Council, who have a very strict noise abatement policy and procedure in place for the entire stadium. But the foundation for future works has now begun and I, for one, will continue to campaign for a satisfactory, long term resolution for all concerned.

But when I visited "The Massif" last night, I noticed the difference in the audibility of the system, so I think progress has been made and we are working in the right direction.

I certainly have received numerous positive comments from many supporters following last night's meeting, who have said how much their enjoyment of the event was enhanced by being able to hear the announcements etc - along with more clarity from the system.

So thanks again to Richard and Ian for conducting the work and also to both Ipswich Speedway and Spedeworth for commissioning the improvements.

Regards

Thank you Kevin and your team there was an improvement last night in what we could hear on the back straight , its not the greatest but its a start and i'm sure plenty of those who sit with and around the Massif and everyone else who chooses to watch meeting's from the back straight area in thanking you Kevin for your continued work in trying to provide a better sound quality for us to hear .

You must already be earning the brownie points for this year Massif award :wink: .

Thank you again Kevin

• Like 3

Pleased for Kyle that he should be fit when there is still a meaningful chunk of the season left.

Throws a challenge down to Sarj to make it impossible to be dropped.....

So hopefully in 4-6 weeks Newman will be fit and ready to resume his season. You can bet if not at Ipswich then a rider like him wont be on the sidelines for long.

Its already been stated that's Sarj is a temporary replacement and Newman will return to the side once fit.

Although maybe we should just keep Sarj and let Newman strengthen up someone else just to give the rest of the league a chance... :P

Good news re Newman but let's wait and see. Speedway is a funny old game and as long as both riders are active it is for the good of speedway as a whole and Sarj rode his socks off last night and no doubt Newman would have done the same. It supports the idea of a squad system with the potential to loan a rider to another club as long as it is not to a team that the loaner (sorry not the deal phraseology) is due to race against in a league fixture. In other words Ipswich could not lend Newman to Redcar if Redcar were the next opposition. Just a thought and probably a load of b....ll..cks but I would rather see both riders active than one sidelined because the home team could not fit them in. ✌️

Interestingly the club website has updated King's track record last night on the club info page, but the track length remains 285 meters.

I posed the question on the Sheff meeting thread.

The website,programme and indeed the Speedway Star preview all listing length as 285m but it cant still be that.

Perhaps no one could find a trundle wheel 😆😆

• Like 1

The track probably isn't any different since its measured a metre from the curb

but the kerb came in 2 metres so the new measure line will still be 2 metres inside the old measure line ???

It has to be shorter.

Do a little experiment - all you will need is paper, pencil , string an scissors!! 😆

Draw your track shape, fit the string to line and cut.

Then shave off a section to create a new inside line to make a new shape into your turn 1.

Fit a new piece of string to it and cut.

I guarantee the second piece of string will be shorter.

• 2 weeks later...

Witches fans nothing to do this lovely sunny afternoon?

Why not get along to Mildenhall this after noon . Connor Mountain and Cameron Heeps both riding in Mildenhall's Fen Fours meeting.