British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

Think that was pure fantasy on behalf of one individual Baldy and was never actually on the cards!

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/witches/#ChrisLouis

Interesting thoughts from Louis and Hawkins on the season and a summary of each riders performances, and a brief look to next year.

Almost certainly looks like PL, and judging by the comments from the two above, I'd say the team will almost certainly contain Hume, and Risager!!

Hopefully the #7 rule from this year stays as that would give us an advantage over most but if not I agree with you, I'd have Hume at 7 no matter what.

That's if he's fully recovered from his shoulder operation. His attempted comeback it seems was ill advised as he aggravated it and now looks like a winter op is needed so fingers crossed all goes well.

I don't mind Risager either to be honest. He does a job and has been pretty consistent but I'm not sure I go along with the "every team needs a Morten" theory..

Edited by Bloomy

I just feel that when you need that big race or meeting from him, it never quite happens, our last match for example. That track was perfect for him

You're right baldy imo you need your middle order men like morten to be able to raise their game in the big meetings and he once again, despite having his best season went missing when the going got tough In the playoffs, missing starts, hugging the kerb, not looking like making a pass, Somerset came to our place and laughed at us.

Anyone fancy a return for lasse bjerre on 6.65 ? An indifferent season for him but on that average surely worth a go, in every other season he's returned as an away rider he's scored well and surely a good option for 3 or 4 in the team, especially if he were to be paired with one of the other two Danes I'd like to see in the team porsing (6.58) or busk jakobsen (6.98) all three of whom on lower averages than morten!!

With Easter being later in 2017 (mid April) it is also more likely that the temperature is up to a pleasant level as well.

Warm but overcast would be ideal to avoid the dreaded blue goove and dustbowl problems daytime meetings can throw up.