British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

Did someone not say the lighting would be be top of the range, better than bright daylight lighting and that the sound system would be better than right under the mega speakers at Glastonbury?

Or was that weegieville they were talking about. :wink::wink:

Costa del Glasgow as you well know only the best for the chosen few.

• Like 2

Hi looking for some help off any Ipswich fans. I have just purchased a box speedway memorabilia and amongst is a cap - on the side the Ipswich logo and on the front of the cap says the word KIMEKAZE? can't for the life of me think who this is, any help would be much appreciated

Hi looking for some help off any Ipswich fans. I have just purchased a box speedway memorabilia and amongst is a cap - on the side the Ipswich logo and on the front of the cap says the word KIMEKAZE? can't for the life of me think who this is, any help would be much appreciated

Kim Jansson I think

• Like 1

Kim Jansson i would imagine

• Like 1

Ah apologies I thought it was you. Did you not come up with the "Kamikaze" for Kim originally and then it was adapted to Kimekaze by someone else, or did you not come up with it at all?

Not at all! Just EVERYBODY ! (Which still remains my favourite phrase)

Great pics from Kevin. 👍

Also great that a new mike amplifier has been sourced so hopefully we will hear more of him 👂👂

• Like 2

We may actually get to hear the draw ticket numbers, although that wast always down to the pa system

I had no trouble with the p/a system there in 2015 when I won the £100 draw sitting in the home straight stand , it was a miserable night with Panthers getting a thrashing but it did cheer me up when the draw result was announced.

• Like 2

I had no trouble with the p/a system there in 2015 when I won the £100 draw sitting in the home straight stand , it was a miserable night with Panthers getting a thrashing but it did cheer me up when the draw result was announced.

I think it's just part of the back straight, which we like to call the cauldron , where the massif sit which has hearing issues, maybe it's all the noise we make which is making us go deaf.

The problems are not in all areas.

IMO much of the issue is due to there being no adjustments to the speakers following the seating being installed on the back straight meaning the sound is just directed into front boarding rather than fans ears!

• Like 4