British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

I believe it was £10 admission for last nights match but it was shocking and not worth that, things need to change and quickly because Ipswich Town and Football Club is a serious contradiction in terms.

And that's from a season ticket holder.

Anyway that's enough about Football in the loosest sense of the word , I wonder how the track alterations are going? And roll on March!

Edited by Super Blue

Great to hear that the healing process has gone well for Danyon.

Heres hoping he can continue on the steep improvement curve from 2016.

An exciting talent and a great level headed lad.

Great to hear that the healing process has gone well for Danyon.

Heres hoping he can continue on the steep improvement curve from 2016.

An exciting talent and a great level headed lad.

What do you predict he will average what do you hope?.What i like about the PL is there are alot of 2 pointers or low averaged riders that have been given a chance to gain experience and improve.

but it was a cup match , wasnt it ? and on the tv .

a one off match that may never come around again .

plus all those ippo footy fans were expecting an away win over a team that was a fair few number of places below them in terms of the leagues of the e.f.l .

so looks to me like they were glory hunters.i bet now they are thinking it was a waste of time and money .

but that life, lose some ,lose some more .

jog on ...

The match even got a mention on Prime Ministers question time as did Wimbledon v Sutton

What do you predict he will average what do you hope?.What i like about the PL is there are alot of 2 pointers or low averaged riders that have been given a chance to gain experience and improve.

i hope he can get to somewhere around 4.

so , as ALL riders in the champ leeeege are expected to increase their averages , what happens when ALL the riders increase their averages and in 2018 the points limit is , as it is. they will be out of a job . so more 2/3/4 pointers get a chance because danny k is on an average of around 11.00 .. as are many others !

The limit will need to be higher again.

42.50 or above.

Of course there could be a further shuffling of teams/leagues which throws it all open again.

Spot on! I've always said that then at least if someone wants to keep the same team they can. On the hand I'm sure someone will shoot me down as to why it can't be done.

i like that idea in principle too - particularly as it could assist continuity and a team identity.

The one question mark would be teams finding and/or affording sufficient higher quality riders to boost up the lower average teams.

This would be a year on year issue too as if teams are building to say 47 points then overall the totals will fall regardless of which riders come in - you could have the top 70 riders in the world filling the 10 teams but there are only 90 points to claim from each meeting.

• Like 1

I always look forward to a new season at this time of year but this year even more so.

An excellent looking team that should be at the business end of the table with the two lads at reserve spiking my interest in particular. I'm looking forward to hopefully watching them progress throughout the season.

And also it will be interesting to see how much if any, the track alterations has made to the quality of the racing.

Disappointed we are starting without a challenge meeting, if King's Lynn couldn't make it what about Rye House. Tough start going straight into league meeting against Sheffield with only press & practice for track time.

Quite a few Saturday meetings and one on a Wednesday, maybe this ones on Sky?