British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

thats what happens when you have a bloke at no1 who takes nearly a quarter of the points limit up or theres grondal who is red hot round rye house so might be able to get round foxhall with practice

it certainly ties the hands and almost forces to look at two 2 pointers.

The 5th place rider is key if build that way. It has to be someone on the way up rather than down.

Heeps might be a reasonable shout, he's been away a year. Morten came back from a season at Plymouth and improved his average, no reason why Cameron couldn't do the same.

Of course all relevant to if Sarj is back or not.

Also will Mountain be ready or not? He will have been off his bike for quite some time.

I still think that going for two 2pt reserves coming from major injuries would be a big risk to take.

• Like 2

Interesting all this guessing on the eventual Witches team which CL always tries to keep secret until the whole team is announced. Can never understand this as several riders like King, Covatti, Hume and

Mountain are obvious if Mountain is fit, if not Shanes or Ayres would be a good bet at reserve.

Personally I would be happy with Newman at 4 and Schlien at 3 but who at 2? I believe its around 5.5 left and wouldnt want to see Heeps fill that void, Dean Wilson would be a much better bet he is on the up

not like Heeps who is stagnant.

Kyle Newman? May have well as kept Morten!

Newman is a brit who has stagnated especially in the lower league as quite clearly his priority is Poole.

If we sign him then i will support him but it isnt a signing that fills me with any enthusiasm

My response

With all due respect Gavan why are you complaining about Kyle Newman potenially signing for Ipswich?

The majority of Championship clubs would love to have Kyle in their team 6.31 average is good value imo.

I havent complained about Newman signing but is he any better than what we had in Morten?

His average is correct for a reason, he under performs every year in the lower league.

I will support him as he will be a witch but i will reserve judgement until he shows form at this level

Can't believe you Witches fans don't want Heeps back. If he can avoid injury, he will make a mockery of his starting average, in my opinion.

absolutely agree.

Injury free and with just a little extra application together with the motivation of regular financial renumeration would see him add a point minimum and upto 2 IMO.

Can't believe you Witches fans don't want Heeps back. If he can avoid injury, he will make a mockery of his starting average, in my opinion.

Spot on. Didn't realise his average was so low. Don't buy in to the thought that his average "is low for a reason" as some will no doubt say. An element of truth in that obviously, but there's riders out there who have averages that scream bargain and he falls in to that category.

Wasn't he in the high 6' a season or two ago? That's a point and a half increase if he can get back to that and there's no reason why he shouldn't.

He's hardly a rider who has seen his best days and in the Autumn of his career, he still has youth on his side.

I agree with you that Kyle's priority is Poole. I haven't seen a lot of Morten therefore I cannot comment on that.

Morten was a steady 7 point rider nothing spectacular but rarely let us down.

Im all for having Brits in my team, would rather see Newman than a foriegner. Kyle could have the potential to get to a number 1 in this league but doesnt for whatever reason.

I hope if he signs he improves but he was a second string for a reason

Best place for young Mr. Heeps is at Armadiddle under the care of Smiling Sam.

much rather he was there than end up at Pboro! ☺

He loses interest every season after about 3 months and seems to wish he was back home.

wouldnt disagree that he needs to up the mental strength side of his approach.

He struggled last year with finances to replace machinery after a long mid season lull.

Of course lack of kit means less points and less to spend on kit - vicous circle sometimes.

• Like 1

Morten was a steady 7 point rider nothing spectacular but rarely let us down.

I'd say morten has regularly let us down! Last year was no doubt his most consistent year in a witches race jacket I can't argue with that but where was he against Somerset in the play offs?? 4+1 at home in the biggest meeting of the year on your home track... steady middle order man but in the big heats/meetings he goes missing and pootles round on the kerb!

The 'team King' holiday is coming to an end so hopefully once the jet lag has subsided he will be available to comment on his installation as Witches No1 and captain....🕑🕔

• Like 1

I often think Ipswich speedway are far to sentimental, so I fully expect Cameron to be used over Bradley. Hasn't heeps average dropped for the last two seasons? He would improve on his starting average,but they probably all will in a weaker league. I think his past injurys will stop Cameron being even half as good as he could have been. So if I had the choice of between cam and Brad, it would be Brad 8 days of the week,sorry Cameron.

I'd say morten has regularly let us down! Last year was no doubt his most consistent year in a witches race jacket I can't argue with that but where was he against Somerset in the play offs?? 4+1 at home in the biggest meeting of the year on your home track... steady middle order man but in the big heats/meetings he goes missing and pootles round on the kerb!

Absolutely spot on. I always say exactly the same.