British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

More windy today that cold!

very observant. Couldnt find a medal for you so have this trophy instead 🏆

Dont polish it too hard! 😲

agreed a date or timeframe would be nice and the sooner the better!!

have heard kyle newman rumoured as a possible/likely thoughts on that? the team suggested to me would have him as the 4th highest average - an improvement on morten?

well I had heard Newman has turned down Peterborough for another offer...

There should be improvement in him but would depend on him having an injury free run and giving the 2nd tier at least the same effort as Poole.

well I had heard Newman has turned down Peterborough for another offer...

There should be improvement in him but would depend on him having an injury free run and giving the 2nd tier at least the same effort as Poole.

I think that's a fair assessment. There have been plenty of accusations thrown his way that he looks a far more committed and better rider in the top flight than he does in the second tier.

Personally I'd be a little wary of that signing.

• Like 1

I had also heard about a month back that Newman was a priority target for Ged Rathbone at Peterborough and they were confident of doing a deal.

Interesting if as you say, he's turned them down.

could just be holding out for an improved offer.

Ged likes getting his cheque book out - maybe he has written a bigger one to tempt him to reconsider....

Still think there's potential for Newman to make himself a top rider at this level, starting the season at no.4 I'd think he'd pick up more points away from home than morten so if he can get foxhall dialled in could be useful and offer healthy competition for the likes of covatti and other heat leader (schlein perhaps?)

Still think there's potential for Newman to make himself a top rider at this level, starting the season at no.4 I'd think he'd pick up more points away from home than morten so if he can get foxhall dialled in could be useful and offer healthy competition for the likes of covatti and other heat leader (schlein perhaps?)

Kyle newman is great rider to have in your team good kit well prepared and proffessional given an injury free season will easily put a point on his average. Seems to be unlucky with injurys mainly through no fault of his own like last season when hollub t boned him at peterborough with a reckless move. If you have signed him he will win you over with his performances

I find it hard to understand why Rye House are now in a higher league than Ipswich. I used to go to Rye House when it was a training track. Ipswich in the 1970's were one of the top clubs in the country with great attendances. When ever I have been to Rye House their gates are far smaller that at Foxhall. so how can they go up and the Witches still stay in a lower league?

• Like 1