British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

I should be there on Saturday (health willing) and bringing an extra 6 people with me as eldest is celebrating his birthday and him and his friends decided that the perfect start to their night out would be a visit to speedway...only one of them has been to speedway before, eldest!

Looking at the official averages there really isn't a lot of choice for a replacement for Connor. Apart from Sarj, Josh Bailey looked the next best. Is James Shanes' Premiership average too high now to replace Connor?

I would agree with baldy, but if louis gets promoting now it's possible to get 5,000 in plus

Town play that morning, get some flyers out, get a page advert in the program, get on tv, get on radii, get invitations into schools.... kids free!! Loads of kids will want to come is £5 or whatever worth it to fill the place and have mum, dad or both paying £14?

just to let you know cookie there is an advert/photo in saturday's ITFC match day programme, and to let everyone know kid's go free

A work colleague mentioned today about Rob Chandler plugging the final at the football last night.

Also was said that there will be bike/riders on the Cornhill promoting the match.

Certainly it seems you cant knock the effort to get the word out for this one 👍

• Like 1

If he scores anything I guess it's a bonus.

Still nothing back from ipswich or Hawkins, oh well, I shall make my own assumption as to why we have Bacon and not Sarjeant.

Not sure, but perhaps Sarjeant ineligible to guest in same competition as an away team guest within 7 days?

• Like 1

No restriction on guesting for different teams at different tracks. No reason why Ipswich couldn't have booked Sarjeant if they'd wanted to.

As Worky vs Peterborough also on Saturday, so JS unavailable, therefore thought he was referring to Ippo @ Sheffield, where Sarj had already guested for Glasgow within 7 days in Play-Offs?

Hence diff teams, but same track.

Edited by cyclone

Nice to see some additional promoting which can't be knocked but more could be done especially on Twitter/facebook and for £100 or so its worth a shot it worked for me every time exposure wise

sorry cookie not sure what part of Twitter you see, but it's flooded with witches info for Saturday's final. ITFC, crazee, photographers, the Witches site, and plenty of fans. Not so much on Facebook I agree.