British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

So who's the best solution if connor is indeed out?

good luck finding a rider under 3.25 that in the last few weeks has beaten Howarth and Masters at their home track...😩

Yeah that's perfectly fine, cos it's on current averages

So what about the compulsory rider who at NO;7 who should be under a 3 point average from the start of season , I know you could say you've got Greaves who would qualify for this but wouldn't that constitute a team change which not allowed.

Will need to ask Worky to rearrange their home meeting next Saturday then.....

So what about the compulsory rider who at NO;7 who should be under a 3 point average from the start of season , I know you could say you've got Greaves who would qualify for this but wouldn't that constitute a team change which not allowed.

Greaves is the No7.

He replaced Hume whose average remains at 2.

Connor started at and had around a dozen meetings at No6.

Can't see no further than Jordan Jenkins. No other rider under Mountain out there really who have done as many laps as JJ has at foxhall.

Big gamble but can't see any other option

• Like 1

Can't see no further than Jordan Jenkins. No other rider under Mountain out there really who have done as many laps as JJ has at foxhall.

Big gamble but can't see any other option

Hope so. This kid is a talent and itll be great to see what he can do. Hes outperformed Mountain a number of times at Mildenhall this year and hes tipped for a big future.

Big ask obviously at 16 to step straight in to a pressure cauldron of a play off final in a higher league, but alternatively it would be a good test of his character and readiness for next season.

Interesting that next Saturday is now the SECOND leg of the final rather than the first (if as expected Sheffield finish the job in the semi), will the promotion be delighted or disappointed with that?

On one hand it could be the chance to win the title and parade the trophy in front of our own supporters, but also if we get battered at Sheffield and the tie is all but over (with the way they're riding its entirely possible), it could affect what was expected to be a huge money spinner for the club with the biggest attendance at Foxhall for years.

Edited by Arch Stanton

I would agree with baldy, but if louis gets promoting now it's possible to get 5,000 in plus

Town play that morning, get some flyers out, get a page advert in the program, get on tv, get on radii, get invitations into schools.... kids free!! Loads of kids will want to come is £5 or whatever worth it to fill the place and have mum, dad or both paying £14?

• Like 2

It's easy to get the word out these days if people want to hear about it. But Cookie's idea of an advert in the programme at Ipswich FC would be a waste of time, hardly anyone buys programmes anymore, and it would be too late in the day for fans to change their plans and head for Foxhall after the game. 20 years ago almost everybody got the Evening Star, now hardly anyone does. If the first leg does go ahead Thursday and Sheffield perform to their best, then the 2nd leg will be a formality. The best way of getting peoples attention is the billboards outside newsagents, most people see them.

Normally I prefer the 2nd leg at home, but in this instance we'd have been better off riding at home first. Historically Sheffield don't ride our place very well, but nor did Somerset, but they raised their performance last season.

Historically we are pretty poor at Sheffield to. I wouldn't say it's one of dannys favourites, although you would think it's a track that suits him, and rr will do us no favours at all. Saturdays crowd may just be praying for a miracle.

I shall go for 58 32 loss at Sheffield

Edited by baldyman

Come on Baldy cheer up!

If we were having a poll to give you a new name there would only be 1 winner...

DoomyMcDoomface.... 😛

Its gonna be tough and Sheffield are strong favorites but I dont think its a done deal.

We were 2 up after 11 heats in our league visit. Yes they now have Kurtz and Bates back and we may well have Connor out but Id be disappointed to go down by 26.

• Like 3