British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

If I was Sedgmen I'd score 000 in every meeting for the rest of the season

Didn't he do that at Redcar until they sacked him? As he was doubling up he departed with "I'm moving up, see you lot in ten years or so when I'm on the way back down." Since then he's had more clubs than an Indian juggling troupe and there must be a reason for that.

• Like 4

Sedgy was very settled for 2 seasons at Edinburgh.

And won pretty much everything going.

Which begs the question, if he's only interested in riding for Edinburgh why he's appeared to have mugged off every side he's signed for since? No wonder he's been released so often

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

Seems like Mr Louis has been getting "expert" advice from Rathbone on how to release riders and then how to cock-up replacements and incur the wrath & rejection of the BSPA! :o

This scenario is completely different to any changes Ged has made. Leaving Sedgy and Mountain high and dry for the rest of the season is both calous and unacceptable imo...

How did they plan to do that?

Very Badly :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Presumably Covatti and a three pointer in exchange for Sedgeman & Mountain.

That would have been 10.49 to replace 9.85 when the team was already 4.30 over the points limit, so you could only have had 6.19 to make a double change.

Even as a Glasgow supporter I do feel more than just a bit sorry for Justin Sedgman.

Dumped by Leicester AND dumped by Ipswich.

Lucky white heather.

If only he'd been in a position to tell Louis to go **** himself.

#shambles

• Like 1

Perhaps to stop this sort of spectacle occurring again riders should be contracted for whole season and only allow changes for injuries and retirements which in turn would give riders a little bit of security and a bit of faith under the management they are being employed by , I think riders are entitled to this. Then it's up to promotions to get there team building correct from the off.

Maybe they should introduce a transfer window with it only being open in July. That way riders get a guaranteed 3 months to orove their worth.

Seems like Mr Louis has been getting "expert" advice from Rathbone on how to release riders and then how to cock-up replacements and incur the wrath & rejection of the BSPA! :o

No I think this one is solely down to Mr Louis

when promotors and team managers don't understand the rules maybe its time they were simplified ;)

Maybe it's time to rip the whole book up and start again.

You get the feeling Ipswich might just reap what they sow regarding this latest episode. Here you have two riders who know all things being equal they would be dropped, its hardly encouragement to go out and do your best. If Sedgeman, for example, has all his visa`s sorted he is bound to be an attractive signing come next year as he cant be dropped unless he gets injured and who would blame him if he played a wonky hand between now and the end of the season.

• Like 2

What is it with East Anglia / East of England?

I see Batchelor has been sacked by the Great Godlike Saviour of British Speedway.

So another rider who'll have to miss the second half of the season over here.

Again there may have been a good reason for doing it but not on transfer day.

So that's Peterbra Ippo and now Kings Lynn all with dodgy approaches to man management.

At least Louise has admitted the BSPA were correct to refuse Ippo's plans.