British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Another FIVE weeks until Leicester have there next Home league match, that means a 6 week premiership gap since they raced against Poole at home.

Those running speedway are killing it as supporters are finding other things to do.

and to my reckoning you've not had your official 1-7 all together in a home meeting yet - the way things are going guest rider will be your no1

and to my reckoning you've not had your official 1-7 all together in a home meeting yet - the way things are going guest rider will be your no1

Yes and we have seen ex Leicester rider Klindt ride for 3 different teams in the 3 matches at Leicester this season, We have a captain that has Only rode One match at home which is Not good enough.

The Leicester promotion are leaving the fans feeling short changed by Not having a Full Leicester team at any of the 3 home matches.

Edited by robert72

The question for Leicester fans is on his performances this year for the Lions would you make a team change in time for the next league fixture and include Lasse Bjerre instead of Josh Auty ?

To me I think it makes sense as Lasse seems to have upped his game this year and more committed.

I would give Gomolski a bit more time as he has proven that he can be a heatleader and like Buckowski needs time to settle and get equipment set for British tracks which he seems to have done now and was a lot better last night.

I'm surprised Rory Schlein hasn't been snapped up - from what I saw last night at Rye House Watt is on borrowed time woeful is the word I'd use so if Leicester are thinking of a team change I'd act fast before others do - not having a full official 1-7 is a crazy situation for home meetings at least .

I'm amazed nobody has signed Bjerre. He's a bargain in his average. I said so when Coventry signed him and I stand by it now a few meeting in.

I think lasse will be a Leicester rider before the next league match, he is popular with the fans and the promotion needs to make changes now.

Bjerre is better than Auty & is the obvious change really, it would certainly strengthed the team. It would be a little harsh on Auty as he's only had 1 home meeting so far & not done alot wrong, but for the sake of the team it would be the right thing to do. The only thing as Flagrag mentioned is that it would mean Bates & Bjerre missing when Sheffield are riding. Also it would give Lions an extra 0.37 to play with average wise plus the 0.63 they are under the limit, meaning a whole point spare before the average changes in May. With that I think they should be looking to replace Ayres, who despite his best efforts & no -one could accuse him of not trying ( sometimes think he tries too hard for his own good), seems to struggle to get round without coming to grief or impeding his team mate. Replacing Auty with Bjerre would mean Lions could replace Ayres with someone up to 4.61.

Auty but I think gomolski and Ayres should be replaced plus look into replacing king if he is missing anymore meetings, one meeting out of three is not good enough and who made him captain ?

Impressed with Nilsson,Riss and Bates

That's a lot of changes to make in one go. I think Ayres has been dealt a bit of a crock. 1st season in the league and the protection has gone. He needs time. I'd stick with him. I hope Kim is advising him and he won't go far wrong

Lasse had terrible injuries year before last, so in 2016 I think he was struggling for points a bit early doors and have heard said he wasn't all that happy with Redcar. So his end of year average probably reflected all that.

As for having two double up riders with Sheffield, possibly that makes things simpler to plan for than one with Sheffield and one with Scun? Wouldn't worry too much re King yet, it was a last-minute signing (and right) so planning for the short term was impossible however hopefully it will be improved in longer term.

Bjerre is better than Auty & is the obvious change really, it would certainly strengthed the team. It would be a little harsh on Auty as he's only had 1 home meeting so far & not done alot wrong, but for the sake of the team it would be the right thing to do. The only thing as Flagrag mentioned is that it would mean Bates & Bjerre missing when Sheffield are riding. Also it would give Lions an extra 0.37 to play with average wise plus the 0.63 they are under the limit, meaning a whole point spare before the average changes in May. With that I think they should be looking to replace Ayres, who despite his best efforts & no -one could accuse him of not trying ( sometimes think he tries too hard for his own good), seems to struggle to get round without coming to grief or impeding his team mate. Replacing Auty with Bjerre would mean Lions could replace Ayres with someone up to 4.61.

Ayres - what you've said is logical but it does recall to mind the first PL seasons when the No7 became a revolving door and Leicester jettisoned young Brits on a regular basis such as Wright, Morris, Kerr, Blackbird, Sarjeant, Branford.I think the track proved too hard for them to master, as was probably the case with Perry and Clegg in EL.

I could be getting him confused with another rider but when Kent were at BP for one of those national trophy matches, I think Ayres really struggled to get round bends 3/4 but of course he's gained far more experience since then, the tracks been altered and I could be completely wrong anyway!

Lasse had terrible injuries year before last, so in 2016 I think he was struggling for points a bit early doors and have heard said he wasn't all that happy with Redcar. So his end of year average probably reflected all that.

As for having two double up riders with Sheffield, possibly that makes things simpler to plan for than one with Sheffield and one with Scun? Wouldn't worry too much re King yet, it was a last-minute signing (and right) so planning for the short term was impossible however hopefully it will be improved in longer term.

Ayres - what you've said is logical but it does recall to mind the first PL seasons when the No7 became a revolving door and Leicester jettisoned young Brits on a regular basis such as Wright, Morris, Kerr, Blackbird, Sarjeant, Branford.I think the track proved too hard for them to master, as was probably the case with Perry and Clegg in EL.

I could be getting him confused with another rider but when Kent were at BP for one of those national trophy matches, I think Ayres really struggled to get round bends 3/4 but of course he's gained far more experience since then, the tracks been altered and I could be completely wrong anyway!

If s seasoned professional such as King is struggling then then what must it be like for Ayres. Let's not make the No.7 the whipping boy again to make excuses for the failings higher up the Team

• Like 1

Is Terry Chrabaszcz, the new Lion's track curator, the Guy who was track curator at Coventry? I seem to remember there was some controversy over the way he prepared the track there. Does anyone know his background? There has been nothing on the Lion's website about his appointment. His name has suddenly appeared in the list of Leicester officials.

Wrong guy. Sandhu sacked him and got a Polish taxi driver to do the track after he claimed he was the track guy at Bydgoszcz when in fact he was just a helper. They soon bought Terry back.

Wrong guy. Sandhu sacked him and got a Polish taxi driver to do the track after he claimed he was the track guy at Bydgoszcz when in fact he was just a helper. They soon bought Terry back.

Whoever it is at Leicester cannot prepare a decent track and should be sacked. Mr Darcy sacking glyn was a bad decision clearly.

• Like 1

Why oh why do we have to suffer this age old problem of doubling up riders. It has already been found out this season that it just has not worked with the new leagues. The teams are now made up of mostly riders who all ride for clubs in the lower league, this has been shown with the way the riders have been missing from the Lions team start right from the first meetings. If two leagues can't get together and work out which rider is riding for what team on a given night. Then plan the meetings around who will be missing, then either change one or the others race night, so that all 7 riders turn up for your team then something is terribly wrong. It just needs a bit of planning.

As for getting rid of Glyn, this has been the worst move the club has so far done since the new guns took over, he could make the track work, what ever the weather, he knew every lump and bump and he made sure that the track was always fit to race on.

He worked his guts out getting bends 1/2 done before the season started and all he got for thanks was to be shown the door. To be replaced by some unknown farmer, who only knows how to plough and harrow a field. Don't think we will see Glyn back again think he has had enough this time around. Only thing is though, they need to get someone in place who knows how to prepare a track

• Like 1