British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

I get dropping Wolbert but Lebdevs is an odd one as he could have been a very good signing.

Still pleased to see that 3 of the 7 Bees have now got team places.

Lions website says that Lebdevs representatives have told them he is required to attend training 3 times in April & May with his Polish club that clash with Lions fixtures. And are also concerned about it happening again later in the season & didn't want to risk having to field weaken sides. It is unfortunate for Wolbert but I think it does make us a slighter stronger side, if a little weak in the 2nd string area with Riss & Auty at 2&4.

King & Bates strengthen the team and will give the supporters more consistency if Lebedevs was going to miss a lot of meetings. Win, win!

what a load of bullcrap.....thank God I never bought a season ticket....King is bloody useless IMO.

Ruthless :neutral:

Lebedevs was prioritising Poland and other continental bookings so only has himself to blame....

Wolbert just a victim of the numbers game that change caused as much as anything...

I get dropping Wolbert but Lebdevs is an odd one as he could have been a very good signing.

Still pleased to see that 3 of the 7 Bees have now got team places.

I have heard that Poland were going to insist both Lebedevs and Wolbert would have to miss UK matches, more than when the signings were declared.....

In anyway, you can't do right from wrong can you? Fans kicking off because to many foreigners signed, and British riders available....

• Like 1

Gutted we won't be seeing Lebedevs in Lions colours, was really looking forward to watching him this season. However, I think the move makes sense. Did think it was a matter of time til we signed Josh Bates, what with his uncle being the new owner! Think on balance, the team remains a similar strength at home, but will be better away as both new signings will know all the tracks (formerly elite and premier league). Some concerns about the number of double uppers (especially when that was something they'd considered in team building!). Hopefully King rides in the premiership pairs in Wolberts place, would make a more competitive partnership with Nilsson. Wonder who both these boys will be racing for in the fixture against Coventry?

• Like 1

Lebedevs was prioritising Poland and other continental bookings so only has himself to blame....

Wolbert just a victim of the numbers game that change caused as much as anything...

I'm not blaming them, it's made them stronger imo...

• Like 1

Opening fixture against Swindon, Lions will be missing King & Auty. That's the only problem now with 4 double-up riders & a lot of Championship teams riding Saturdays it could mean a lot of guests are needed.

King will miss

Swindon (Home)

Somerset (Home)

Swindon (Away)

Somerset (Home)

Belle Vue (Home)

Wolverhampton (Home)

That's a lot of home meetings

Bates will miss:

Poole (Home)

Swindon (Away)

Swindon (Home)