British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

The new management have done the club proud. They have only been running the show for a few months and more has been achieved, not only with the track but also with giving the fans some much need future hope. Well done keep up the good work.

The proof will be in the pudding!

Norrie will 100% not be in charge of team affairs if i was a betting man I would look at someone like Jack Lee or Marc Bates who have both held the position under Damien's ownership at Sheffield.

Any idea on when we'll be getting a team manager? Would undo some of the huge steps forward the new owners have made if Norrie Allen remains in charge

• Like 2

Latest pictures of track on @SpeedwayLions courtesy of Steve Dixon Photos. Hope this ok to show on here.

The actual tweet has three more photos

C5m9WUOWMAUSzzh.jpg

Great progress on the track but seems as though Storm Doris did some damage to stands and pits areas.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

May be a bit unfair on the riders but heyy ...

Kevin Wolbert or Danny King ?

Andzjej Lebedevs or Jason Garrity / Kenneth Bjerre ?

Eric Riss or Josh Bates ?

Might also see a few ex Bees fans make the trip to BP each week also .....

Cheers

Wolbert

Garrity

Riss

King

Lebedevs

Riss

Agree with this, though isn't Kings average higher than Wolberts (so irrelevant) Garrity's average might be closer if you were to swap a Bees rider in, but I'd rather let the Lions we've signed race together before getting rid of any of them!

Not sure if he's available this year ,

But is Szymon Wozniak worth considering for the Aces team?

Forgive the ignorance ,but ive never seen him ride ?,

Just wondering what Lions fans thought of him

Thanks in advance

Szymon was always great value at home & could beat the best, but there was a big difference between his home average & his away one. Even after 2 seasons when you would have thought he would have mastered some of the smaller tracks but he still seemed to struggle. But i'm sure the track at Belle Vue would suit him perfectly & one thing with him you could be sure he would give 100%. Not sure whether he's ruled out the UK this season or just didn't want to return to Leicester after the problems with wages etc. from last season.

• Like 1

Szymon was always great value at home & could beat the best, but there was a big difference between his home average & his away one. Even after 2 seasons when you would have thought he would have mastered some of the smaller tracks but he still seemed to struggle. But i'm sure the track at Belle Vue would suit him perfectly & one thing with him you could be sure he would give 100%. Not sure whether he's ruled out the UK this season or just didn't want to return to Leicester after the problems with wages etc. from last season.

Thanks Steve , much appreciated insight

• Like 1

How many people on this forum have bought or will be buying season tickets? The obvious question to me is.......why?

We (me and my son) have season tickets at Leicester City. The main reason is that if we didn't have them we would struggle to get tickets on a match by match basis. Over all, we also save a fair bit over the course of the season.

Looking at the Lions website the season ticket prices have been reduced due to fewer meetings associated with Coventry's demise. If I were to attend all of the 14 league meetings (which I can't due to holidays, as I suspect will affect most supporters) and paid on the day it would work out less than the cost of a season ticket! The club states that the season ticket price includes KOC matches (only 1 guaranteed) and challenge fixtures ( of which there are none on the fixture list). Having never bought a speedway season ticket, I'm not sure that it entitles you to any other privilege over other spectators (such as a designated seat), but correct me if I'm wrong. So if the upfront financial outlay is only a nominal potential saving and the chances of being turned away on the night are beyond remote, what is the incentive?

• Like 1

Having never bought a speedway season ticket, I'm not sure that it entitles you to any other privilege over other spectators (such as a designated seat), but correct me if I'm wrong. So if the upfront financial outlay is only a nominal potential saving and the chances of being turned away on the night are beyond remote, what is the incentive?

There's no incentive apart from being able to go straight to the entrance rather than queuing up to pay and certainly no designated seat. I was going to get a season ticket at Brandon this year purely because I would have struggled to get through the turnstile with dog, seat and bag since they stopped entrance at the 'pit gate.' No turnstile at Leicester though so no problem and I wouldn't ever consider buying a season ticket there.

How many people on this forum have bought or will be buying season tickets? The obvious question to me is.......why?

We (me and my son) have season tickets at Leicester City. The main reason is that if we didn't have them we would struggle to get tickets on a match by match basis. Over all, we also save a fair bit over the course of the season.

Looking at the Lions website the season ticket prices have been reduced due to fewer meetings associated with Coventry's demise. If I were to attend all of the 14 league meetings (which I can't due to holidays, as I suspect will affect most supporters) and paid on the day it would work out less than the cost of a season ticket! The club states that the season ticket price includes KOC matches (only 1 guaranteed) and challenge fixtures ( of which there are none on the fixture list). Having never bought a speedway season ticket, I'm not sure that it entitles you to any other privilege over other spectators (such as a designated seat), but correct me if I'm wrong. So if the upfront financial outlay is only a nominal potential saving and the chances of being turned away on the night are beyond remote, what is the incentive?

Two things to consider: There was talk of a free programme for season ticket holders a couple of years ago - I dont know if that happened.

By buying a season ticket, you are providing the club with capital that they can use during the season rather than going hand to mouth.

Personally, I dont buy a season ticket because I normally have to miss several meetings for a variety of reasons.