British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Martin never left ,he was trying his best to run Long Eaton again this year , Cookie of course quit because of the arseholes at the Bspa

Have to admit I made assumptions surrounding Martin with his IOW commitments so even more hats off to him. I knew Steve quit due to being disalusioned but didn't know the circumstances surrounding his departure

I said junior league racing shouldn't happen, I firmly believe it should be individual meetings/regional individual championships a North, East, South & West

Should be about individual riders development at that stage not team structured.

You are fully entitled to your opinion. Personally I feel that the most important thing is maximum bike time available to riders and as many varied tracks as possible. I also think that team mentality and team riding is best learnt as early as possible.

Who would fund these individual meetings?

Have to admit I made assumptions surrounding Martin with his IOW commitments so even more hats off to him. I knew Steve quit due to being disalusioned but didn't know the circumstances surrounding his departure

he was a man short at kings lynn , and had a rider ready to go but the riders license had not come through from rugby , so they were going to buy him a day licenses for the interim , the Bspa/ SCB blocked the use of the rider . and that was the final straw for Steve , what was already a hard enough job being made even harder with pedantics from the powers that be . game over , another shot in speedways own foot by the people who should be doing all they can to help ..

JCB sponsorship would appear to be a major coup although we don't know what their level of commitment will be. What better company could dig (pun intended) us out of the 5h1t left by the previous hierarchy!

JCB , striking at Caterpillars heartland . get in there Horton and get Cat to fire back with a big cheque ..Lol

• Like 1

You wouldnt count any KK pass as clean. You hatred of Poole is clearly colouring your judgement.

You have posted on the Poole thread Feb 11th!! Didnt have to look back too far! You have also being digging at Wolves for not getting Klindt yet you say you havent been on those threads for months!

I may on TV have witnessed many a clean KK pass, but the obnoxious "I'm coming through stay on if you can" vastly outnumber them. Wolves have signed a team that won't win the league when they could have signed a team that should win the league. Howarth signing is a mistake, not signing Harris is a mistake, not signing their asset Klindt is a mistake, the Skorniki signing is a massive gamble he hasn't ridden a Speedway bike for several years, Greaves I will reserve judgement on, he may do OK considering the other reserves. Think making Clegg their top reserve is a mistake, should have been the best #7 in the league & top scoring reserve. But the pressure of being their best reserve will not aid his progress.

As for Poole, why have you allowed Chris Holder to leave in favour of the amazingly inconsistent Kasprzak & spent force that is Andersen? Kurtz is an utter joke of a speedway rider in Britain, he cannot even complete a lap of Monmore! I hope he can adapt his style and prove me wrong. J Holder may well be very similar. You have Klindt to save your season from reserve, be thankful.

Back to Leicester chat please.

Edited by Col

I said junior league racing shouldn't happen, I firmly believe it should be individual meetings/regional individual championships a North, East, South & West

Should be about individual riders development at that stage not team structured.

absolutely not , the kids are learning with the ultimate goal of being in a Team , MDL ,NJL , teaches them that , learns them teamwork , how to combine with others ultimately for the TEAM to win , what its like to take the pressure of performing well enough and being reliable having good enough equipment to retain a team place , how to cope with the organisation of yourself to be at the place and time of someone elses choosing , it also gives team managers an insight into whether they have what it takes to compete at higher levels , theres more than enough Tai Woffindens ( selfish greedy ungrateful posers ) already thank you ,without taking us back to ride when YOU feel like it ,and when You can choose the competition , proper leagues with proper races and everything else that goes with it is what's needed , not self glorifying amateur and practise sessions

Why are posters indicating that other clubs had issues with monies owed by belle vue? Can't think of anything else belle vue could owe other clubs for, so are those posters simply talking bollox?

I think they are probably racists .

• Like 2

I may on TV have witnessed many a clean KK pass, but the obnoxious "I'm coming through stay on if you can" vastly outnumber them. Wolves have signed a team that won't win the league when they could have signed a team that should win the league. Howarth signing is a mistake, not signing Harris is a mistake, not signing their asset Klindt is a mistake, the Skorniki signing is a massive gamble he hasn't ridden a Speedway bike for several years, Greaves I will reserve judgement on, he may do OK considering the other reserves. Think making Clegg their top reserve is a mistake, should have been the best #7 in the league & top scoring reserve. But the pressure of being their best reserve will not aid his progress.

As for Poole, why have you allowed Chris Holder to leave in favour of the amazingly inconsistent Kasprzak & spent force that is Andersen? Kurtz is an utter joke of a speedway rider in Britain, he cannot even complete a lap of Monmore! I hope he can adapt his style and prove me wrong. J Holder may well be very similar. You have Klindt to save your season from reserve, be thankful.

Back to Leicester chat please.

Your trying to say KK is a dirty rider which isn't true, never heard any fan say this apart from you!

It is obvious why Poole have taken KK over Chris Holder.

Andersen isn't the rider he was but isn't a spent force.

Kurtz is a good rider, calling him a utter joke is just a wind up. You say he can't do a lap at Monmore which is rubbish as he got 8 points in the meeting earlier in the season.

Jack Holder will be a top rider, maybe not yet but he will improve a lot as the season progresses.

Klindt will not be the saviour, a good rider and should score a lot of points from reserve but not our saviour.

As for the Wolves team i think it is a decent line up, like Klindt, Harris wasn't an option for Wolves. Why you keep harping on about riders who were not available to Wolves i don't know, you obviously think it is a good wind up.

The only point of yours that has any value at all is to let Leicester have there thread back which i entirely agree with.

• Like 2

I am very glad to see the track changes are finally happening hopefully that Glyn will be allowed to do what he wants with the changes to try and provide the best track possible for racing.

This should get fans back in watching if the racing is better and will answer some of the critics on here who blame the track for lack of entertainment.

All I keep hearing from the new promotion is positive things and understand that they have plans to make more changes to give fans better entertainment and value for money

• Like 4

Great to see the track alterations to bends 1&2 commencing next week. Even better that it's being done under the supervision of Glyn, hope that means he's got his job back for next season.

Fabulous news. Said I would never go there again if the track was left as it was, so I can know add the trip back into my diary.

Hopefully rather than just bringing in the bends, some thought could go into the shape to make as many racing lines as is physically possible.

• Like 1

Perhaps its too much pressure to cope and team league meetings is alot of commitment for a young lad, if it was split into regionalised individual leagues plus other individual meetings it may attract more to the sport who give it a go and realise they have natural ability... more mxers or grass track kids might do it

BSPA need to invest in this area supplying the bikes, kit and have former greats offering tuition, would progress youngatets at a better rate.

If most costs were subsidised do you think more kids from other disciplines would at least "have a go"

• Like 1