British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

I believe this is exactly what the BSPA are duty bound to do.....they are basically guarantors for an 'agreed' basic points money.

Is it still the case that the home promotion has to pay the basic points money for both teams and then each team tops up the pay for any premium rates or has it reverted to each team pays only for its own riders?

If the former does that mean some visiting riders also had to wait to be paid the basis points money for their meetings at Leicester?

Edited by 1 valve

Is it still the case that the home promotion has to pay the basic points money for both teams and then each team tops up the pay for any premium rates or has it reverted to each team pays only for its own riders?

If the former does that mean some visiting riders also had to wait to be paid the basis points money for their meetings at Leicester?

No you now pay your own riders only
  • Like 2

Really. I spend so little time looking at this I'm not sure I am capable of winding anyone up. You think that my thinking Auty is a better rider than Howarth is a windup? I confess there is very little in it. If I wanted to wind people up I'd spend much more time on the Wolves/Coventry/Poole threads. I very much doubt I have looked any of those for a few months, since their teams were confirmed.

Aaaaah so at last you admit Manzares was a wind up

• Like 1

Only just seen this but couldn't agree more with the points surrounding the mdl being dropped it's ludicrous. Do Leicester honestly think if the Thompsons make it they will definitely sign does Leicester or just the club who offers the best deal. Add in that most number 7's in the premiership this season started out in the mdl. Where are the next batch of riders coming from and able to hone their skills? If anyone is blinkered enough to say the youth rounds then more fool them. There is a trickle who are good enough top3/4 but the sport requires more riders than that to progress if it's to survive.

I'm hoping at least that Bates will be re-instating the MDL at Sheffield to even things out?

Everything looking good at Leicester right now since Damien Bates took charge, side looks an entertaining one and with a new title sponsor on board then plenty for fans to be excited about.

Put in a good season then i am sure next season with more time to build a side then Leicester will go from strength to strength.

Only just seen this but couldn't agree more with the points surrounding the mdl being dropped it's ludicrous. Do Leicester honestly think if the Thompsons make it they will definitely sign does Leicester or just the club who offers the best deal. Add in that most number 7's in the premiership this season started out in the mdl. Where are the next batch of riders coming from and able to hone their skills? If anyone is blinkered enough to say the youth rounds then more fool them. There is a trickle who are good enough top3/4 but the sport requires more riders than that to progress if it's to survive.

I'm hoping at least that Bates will be re-instating the MDL at Sheffield to even things out?

less likely to do it at Sheffield TBH , they have a strict curfew and a 7.45 start time , when we did MDL there ,almost every week it had to stop after 4 races and any incident in the main match cancelled altogether

Everything looking good at Leicester right now since Damien Bates took charge, side looks an entertaining one and with a new title sponsor on board then plenty for fans to be excited about.

Put in a good season then i am sure next season with more time to build a side then Leicester will go from strength to strength.

Just need an entertaining race track now.

less likely to do it at Sheffield TBH , they have a strict curfew and a 7.45 start time , when we did MDL there ,almost every week it had to stop after 4 races and any incident in the main match cancelled altogether

Makes dropping it from Leicester all the more gaulling. They have the perfect opportunity to run MDL i.e weekend race night, late curfew etc to be fair the writing has been on the wall since Steve Cook left & then Martin Widman.

Its about time the governing bodies did something to support the junior leagues like a reduced league entry incentive along with reduced/free memberships for those who organise the teams / leagues.

Yes there are clubs that logistically cannot host junior league racing due to strict curfews but those that can and opt not to should hang their heads as the demise of the sports future riders rests with them.

Makes dropping it from Leicester all the more gaulling. They have the perfect opportunity to run MDL i.e weekend race night, late curfew etc to be fair the writing has been on the wall since Steve Cook left & then Martin Widman.

Its about time the governing bodies did something to support the junior leagues like a reduced league entry incentive along with reduced/free memberships for those who organise the teams / leagues.

Yes there are clubs that logistically cannot host junior league racing due to strict curfews but those that can and opt not to should hang their heads as the demise of the sports future riders rests with them.

Junior league racing should be abolished altogether

Unfortunately Sings$Kings, after your sensible post on the current situation on juniors, you are followed by a sh!te response.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Sings$Kings, after your sensible post on the current situation on juniors, you are followed by a sh!te response.

Im going to let it pass as a questionable attempt at humour as surely an Ipswich based supporter couldn't be against junior league racing when both Witches reserves are MDL graduates

Edited by Sings4Kings

Im going to let it pass as a questionable attempt at humour as surely an Ipswich based supporter couldn't be against junior league racing when both Witches reserves are MDL graduates

Let's hope so S4K.

Martin never left ,he was trying his best to run Long Eaton again this year , Cookie of course quit because of the arseholes at the Bspa

Just need an entertaining race track now.

I'm sure once new promotion are settled in and got this season out of way then improvements will be made.

Track was a bit better last season so fingers crossed.

Edited by AJK86