British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

If they let these lower leagues go, it will be such a shame. The SCB are ranting on about all the traing the lads are getting and the meetings they arange. But beside the few days they get together then where else do they go to ride. It ok if your dad owns a farm and has a field to spare, that he has laid a shale track on for his lad or daughter to race on with his mates. But if the Likes of the MDL and the Long Eatons of this counrty, we will be back at square one again with no young riders coming through the ranks.

I wish Long Eaton the best of luck, but they have been struggling along for many years trying to find a home to build a new track. That it now makes you wounder if it will ever happen for them again.

The people who run this countries speedway should bow thier heads in shame for leaving these future riders with nowhere to ply thier trade.

They where always tagged on after the meeting and it would be around 10.45pm to 11pm when it was all done, can't see why they didn't open the gates early and put them on at the start. I know I would have done.

10:45pm/11:00pm when done? Don't know where you've been watching MDL! Always done and dusted by 10pm, 10:05pm if you've a dicky watch!

Edited by Shale Searcher

I thought Phil the Ace said that cup of coffee was signing ?

He was but like Richard lawson he was rubbish upon once Leicester had to stay saturday night racing to accommodate coventry

10:45pm/11:00pm when done? Don't know where you've been watching MDL! Always done and dusted by 10pm, 10:05pm if you've a dicky watch!

Good call to let them ride first. Keep hearing from the club this year is about entertainment why not get the MDL and the twins on...for me get back to the proper intro with the riders at the start line let them have a few practise laps. Insist each race winner does a lap of honour bring the pits outside in front of the mural so the fans can see what's going on. More frequent interviews during the meeting with both home and away sides.... I know sound like a broken record of so many others but really need some club updates if the track is to be altered at all as this is key for me....

• Like 1

I've said somewhere before that by 2019 all teams should have a 4 rider junior team who compete over a 6 race format at the start of every meeting then the main meeting ran over a 13 heat format, this way every team are investing in youth and fans can see development from within and if we do 6 rider teams the junior team riders can act as the old no.8 but no.7 in this case

This would replace the national league within its current guise however with regional individual meetings for young riders in place to help and aid development.

• Like 1

Good call to let them ride first. Keep hearing from the club this year is about entertainment why not get the MDL and the twins on...for me get back to the proper intro with the riders at the start line let them have a few practise laps. Insist each race winner does a lap of honour bring the pits outside in front of the mural so the fans can see what's going on. More frequent interviews during the meeting with both home and away sides.... I know sound like a broken record of so many others but really need some club updates if the track is to be altered at all as this is key for me....

when the Mdl was running , the thompson boys , had a ride before the meeting , another one immediately the main match finished and another in between each 2 heats of Mdl , thats a total of six rides a night , how much more bloody track time do they need , they are riding at Coventry on the same deal . so giving them exrta time is nothing ,more than a load of Bullshyt , the bspa /scb . promoters haven't got a chuffing clue , fawning over kids on 125s , and when they graduate to 250 and 500 where the hell are they going to learn to ride those, because there will be no Mdl to train them for the next step .. always the same old story , get something solid gold going , and the stupid bastards have to interfrere becuase some body knows better than what is proven and in front of their stupid faces

I've said somewhere before that by 2019 all teams should have a 4 rider junior team who compete over a 6 race format at the start of every meeting then the main meeting ran over a 13 heat format, this way every team are investing in youth and fans can see development from within and if we do 6 rider teams the junior team riders can act as the old no.8 but no.7 in this case

This would replace the national league within its current guise however with regional individual meetings for young riders in place to help and aid development.

and what happens to the standalone national league teams , just close them down I suppose and then change the name of the Mdl which is already up and running succesfully to something else .. of course the suggestion that its run before the meeting is something new and nobody has ever suggested it before ..durrrrhhhh

• Like 1

when the Mdl was running , the thompson boys , had a ride before the meeting , another one immediately the main match finished and another in between each 2 heats of Mdl , thats a total of six rides a night , how much more bloody track time do they need , they are riding at Coventry on the same deal . so giving them exrta time is nothing ,more than a load of Bullshyt , the bspa /scb . promoters haven't got a chuffing clue , fawning over kids on 125s , and when they graduate to 250 and 500 where the hell are they going to learn to ride those, because there will be no Mdl to train them for the next step .. always the same old story , get something solid gold going , and the stupid bastards have to interfrere becuase some body knows better than what is proven and in front of their stupid faces

The twins are graduating up to 250 bikes this year, that's why the club announced they wanted to give them more track time, but why it has to be at the expense of the MDL lads I don't know.

• Like 1

and what happens to the standalone national league teams , just close them down I suppose and then change the name of the Mdl which is already up and running succesfully to something else .. of course the suggestion that its run before the meeting is something new and nobody has ever suggested it before ..durrrrhhhh

You seem to be trying to attack two targets at the same time and missing them both. The BSPA and SCB fully support the MDL and NJL( i have a team in this league), but it is Leicester and then Coventry that have decided not to enter the MDL league this season. When the Thompson's change to 250's this season, there is no 250 category in either leagues, so riding at their home tracks, before during and after meetings, is their and Leicester's way of bringing on good British youths by giving them track time. Think before you type.

• Like 1

Col's opinions are so against the grain that you wonder if they are posted simply to wind people up.

Really. I spend so little time looking at this I'm not sure I am capable of winding anyone up. You think that my thinking Auty is a better rider than Howarth is a windup? I confess there is very little in it. If I wanted to wind people up I'd spend much more time on the Wolves/Coventry/Poole threads. I very much doubt I have looked any of those for a few months, since their teams were confirmed.

Clearly he is not. Seen some spectacular passing from KK. Last year at Poole he had Holder for breakfast. Noddy couldn't keep him out.

I wouldn't count a belligerent inside dive as a clean pass.

Is the 'scandal" at Leicester re unpaid riders from 2016 ( and even 2015 ) being properly addressed prior to a new promotion under Bates starting up.? As Darcy is still part of the new promotion ( in some way ) and he has said ALL earlier debts have been will be paid - can we have the truth for once? It is immoral if not illegal for a new consortium to "carry on regardless" if there are debts especially to riders. Did the previous promotion actually go bankrupt? Have those debts been written off? Have the riders been paid?

Really. I spend so little time looking at this I'm not sure I am capable of winding anyone up. You think that my thinking Auty is a better rider than Howarth is a windup? I confess there is very little in it. If I wanted to wind people up I'd spend much more time on the Wolves/Coventry/Poole threads. I very much doubt I have looked any of those for a few months, since their teams were confirmed.

I wouldn't count a belligerent inside dive as a clean pass.

You wouldnt count any KK pass as clean. You hatred of Poole is clearly colouring your judgement.

You have posted on the Poole thread Feb 11th!! Didnt have to look back too far! You have also being digging at Wolves for not getting Klindt yet you say you havent been on those threads for months!

Edited by foreverblue

You seem to be trying to attack two targets at the same time and missing them both. The BSPA and SCB fully support the MDL and NJL( i have a team in this league), but it is Leicester and then Coventry that have decided not to enter the MDL league this season. When the Thompson's change to 250's this season, there is no 250 category in either leagues, so riding at their home tracks, before during and after meetings, is their and Leicester's way of bringing on good British youths by giving them track time. Think before you type.

bollocks , the thompsons get more than enough track time alongside the mdl ( I know I have seen it first hand at least 100 times unlike you ) , and from day one the bspa have been nothing but a thorn in the side of people who gave up their time voluntarily to run the league that has been doing exactly what has been needed for years , now the BSPA and their chosen guru are trying to get MDl to run the same as NJL 2 i25's 2, 500's , 1st off there are not enough 125 riders to go round second how the hell are 12 year olds going to cope with leaving school early and getting home after midnight on schooldays , where are these kids going to learn to race 500's when their time comes , oh I guess straight in to national league to make that a a bigger joke than it already is , you and the Bspa need to keep your blinkered noses out of the best thing to happen in speedway for decades ,and let somebody else continue the success story that has been the MDl so far , don't think before YOU type ,just don't type , in 50 years I have seen so much damage to our sport from people with their head in the clouds who always have to think they know better and speedway winds up worse off for it , CONK OUT , and stop trying to fix what is definitely not broken !!

Is the 'scandal" at Leicester re unpaid riders from 2016 ( and even 2015 ) being properly addressed prior to a new promotion under Bates starting up.? As Darcy is still part of the new promotion ( in some way ) and he has said ALL earlier debts have been will be paid - can we have the truth for once? It is immoral if not illegal for a new consortium to "carry on regardless" if there are debts especially to riders. Did the previous promotion actually go bankrupt? Have those debts been written off? Have the riders been paid?

Right, from what I have heard, the basic points monies has been paid to riders, it's the "individual rider" negotiated extras that haven't...

This is what I have heard, anyway.... So please don't shoot the messenger, I am prepared to be corrected, if the above info in not correct.

Like you I would like to be able to see what's going on in the pits but the situation of the pits at Beaumont Park is down to the planning conditions and requirements to cut down the noise as much as possible. I also agree that the meeting presentation could be improved.

Like you I would like to be able to see what's going on in the pits but the situation of the pits at Beaumont Park is down to the planning conditions and requirements to cut down the noise as much as possible. I also agree that the meeting presentation could be improved.

a few elite riders ,well mechanics started coming out of the pits to warm the bikes up , the close proximitiy of the home and away sides of the pits means when the bikes are running they are blowing smoke and unburnt methanol at you and you are doing the same back , there.s nowhere for the fumes from 14 bikes to go , resulting in riders/ mechanics and hangers on choking and eyes streaming from the fumes , but as ever there is someone to complain about the noise which they did of course , so everyone including the MDl lads had to go inside unfortunately , out of the hands of anyone connected with the speedway but a necessary evil

Right, from what I have heard, the basic points monies has been paid to riders, it's the "individual rider" negotiated extras that haven't...

This is what I have heard, anyway.... So please don't shoot the messenger, I am prepared to be corrected, if the above info in not correct.

I believe this is exactly what the BSPA are duty bound to do.....they are basically guarantors for an 'agreed' basic points money.