British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

It is quite sad to see that Long Eaton, will not be riding at BP again. They had a hard time when they lost thier stadium and have been something like nomads since then. Not sure what happened to end them racing at BP.Just hope that one day soon they can find the land they need for thier own stadium. Not sure what happens to them now, have they got anywhere else to ride, anyone on here know. I used to cycle to Long Eaton, when just a lad to waych them there, never forget all the posters stuxk on the corrigated fence at the front, telling you about the next meeting. Could do with a few of them dotted about nowadays, to tell folks that the sport still exists.

Great to here the twins are going to get some extra track timew many will stop and watch them after the meeting ends, not many sayed to watch Long Eaton, used to enjoy it to see the lads at the lowest level of the sport race.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 2

I wouldn't say he's awkward or a GT either.

Kasprzak more than goes out of his way to make it awkward for someone to pass him, he is not far from N Pedesen in that respect. And he couldn't pass water, unless he can simply open the throttle and go around the outside with faster equipment.. than EL sorry Premiership reserve.

If I was a Leicester fan I would be happier than a pig in poop with that team. Nilsson & Gomolski are a decent top two, They're not on a par with what some other teams have but they're not consuming much in the way of team building points compared to those teams. They should hold their on at home ad spring a few surprises away when they pop out the gate, which both are capable of.

Lebedevs on 4.5 is a massive steal I have less concerns than others about his Polish commitments since I'm fairly sure he has signed for an Ekstraliga team rather than Lokomotiv Daugavpils so I very much doubt he will be called upon very often in that league.

Auty, Riss & Wolbert should be a very solid middle order, 2 riders who had a relatively poor year last year but have seen all the tracks before and one who is young and improving.

As for Ayres, I have seen him on Sky, which is more than can be said for most of next years Premiership #7's

Edited by Col

The year Kaspzak was number 2 in the world he was passing often! Massive dive bombs! when he's on form he can be as good as anybody in the world! when he isn't on form then he cn be so far off the pace its unreal! I love watching him when on form though!

I don't get why people are comparing him to nilson!

There aren't many weaker number 1s than nilson but there aren't many stronger number 6's than lebadevs/riss/auty/wolbert the

this team is stronger than swindon and they have doyle. stronger than somerset and maybe on a par with coventry. (king hasn't always been a double points scoring heat leader, purple patch of good form or long term quality? who knows)

poole lynn and wolves look like the 3 strongest teams to start the season but other than that its quite unpredictable .

Laughing at the howarth vs auty debate. . . . . Keep it up! how about chucking Kerr, Wright and robson to the debate!

I saw a game yesterday from rugby premiership Bath v Northampton. No current international players from the 6 nations involved. Cracking game start to finish, last- second winner. Hopefully will see something similar at WelfordRd later today but not counting any chickens.

My rare visits to BP since they went "Elite" have included being "treated" to the sight of Zagar poncing around like a prima donna. What we are well rid of, is so called superstars like him who only bother when it suits them to, sucking money like some vampire.

Hopefully Bates has put together a team of genuine tiers, and no past their sellby date time wasters, either. The only concern I have is about the track. I know it's probably a work-in-progres, but there's a risk that, as in the past, less experienced riders become disheartened. Some output from the owners/management about plans for the track would be much welcomed.

• Like 2

.........Big Al........ The only concern I have is about the track. I know it's probably a work-in-progress, but there's a risk that, as in the past, less experienced riders become disheartened. Some output from the owners/management about plans for the track would be much welcomed.

I doubt if it will be 'work in progress' for this season now as the time to do it was earlier on in the Winter when the weather was reasonable, but now it's snowing and bitterly cold. Too near the beginning of the season too so I think we've got to accept the fact the track will remain how it is this year. I must admit though, since I started going once the dog ban was lifted, the racing after bends 3/4 were altered has been a lot better.

Clearly he is not. Seen some spectacular passing from KK. Last year at Poole he had Holder for breakfast. Noddy couldn't keep him out.

Had Holder for breakfast??

They met each other 5 times and KK won 3 of them and yes he passed Holder on the first bend of one of those.

I see you fail to mention that he scored 4 in one meeting and 13 in the other. The meeting he got 4 i he won heat one then tailed off.................so yes KK can pas but he is so inconsistent yet you amazingly fail to acknowledge that

It is quite sad to see that Long Eaton, will not be riding at BP again. They had a hard time when they lost thier stadium and have been something like nomads since then. Not sure what happened to end them racing at BP.Just hope that one day soon they can find the land they need for thier own stadium. Not sure what happens to them now, have they got anywhere else to ride, anyone on here know. I used to cycle to Long Eaton, when just a lad to waych them there, never forget all the posters stuxk on the corrigated fence at the front, telling you about the next meeting. Could do with a few of them dotted about nowadays, to tell folks that the sport still exists.

Great to here the twins are going to get some extra track timew many will stop and watch them after the meeting ends, not many sayed to watch Long Eaton, used to enjoy it to see the lads at the lowest level of the sport race.

Not many stayed in the last couple of seasons ,because of the pissing about and crap interviews , after watching the elite league meeting on a cold night who wants to stay and listen to norrie allens rubbish ? the shame is for speedway ,when you look at the national league currently almost all the new blood has come via midland league , but sadly with promoters prefer to buy in riders from abroad and then moan they cant afford to run , the midland league was a major success but has been allowed to deteriorate because of the hands it's management fell into but it was the best thing that has happened to british speedway In years , where will the lads go to who were riding MDL ,nowhere , where will the new crop of riders come from ? nowhere , sad day for British speedway letting this little gem slip away .

• Like 1

Not many stayed in the last couple of seasons ,because of the pissing about and crap interviews , after watching the elite league meeting on a cold night who wants to stay and listen to norrie allens rubbish ? the shame is for speedway ,when you look at the national league currently almost all the new blood has come via midland league , but sadly with promoters prefer to buy in riders from abroad and then moan they cant afford to run , the midland league was a major success but has been allowed to deteriorate because of the hands it's management fell into but it was the best thing that has happened to british speedway In years , where will the lads go to who were riding MDL ,nowhere , where will the new crop of riders come from ? nowhere , sad day for British speedway letting this little gem slip away .

The new promotion say they have dropped the MDL matches to allow the Thompson twins more track time, which is all well & good, but what happens in a couple of years when they are old enough to ride MDL & there is no local team to ride for. It seems a bit of an odd decision & not good for the long-term development of young riders.

• Like 1

The new promotion say they have dropped the MDL matches to allow the Thompson twins more track time, which is all well & good, but what happens in a couple of years when they are old enough to ride MDL & there is no local team to ride for. It seems a bit of an odd decision & not good for the long-term development of young riders.

as far as I'm concerned the Midland league was the best thing since sliced bread , the Thompson boys got plenty of rides In between the midland league races .sometimes more than the MDL lads themselves who have travelled some distance . odd is not the way I would describe this decision .M ore ... Typical, in a couple of years these same people will be whinging theres no riders coming through and they have had to look abroad and pay travel , shame the lads who have progressed from MDL: weren't contracted to MDL: ,then the organise could have with drew their services , No Max Clegg , no Nathan Greaves , no Lee Payne , etc see if the promoters think it had any value then

• Like 4

If they let these lower leagues go, it will be such a shame. The SCB are ranting on about all the traing the lads are getting and the meetings they arange. But beside the few days they get together then where else do they go to ride. It ok if your dad owns a farm and has a field to spare, that he has laid a shale track on for his lad or daughter to race on with his mates. But if the Likes of the MDL and the Long Eatons of this counrty, we will be back at square one again with no young riders coming through the ranks.

I wish Long Eaton the best of luck, but they have been struggling along for many years trying to find a home to build a new track. That it now makes you wounder if it will ever happen for them again.

The people who run this countries speedway should bow thier heads in shame for leaving these future riders with nowhere to ply thier trade.

They where always tagged on after the meeting and it would be around 10.45pm to 11pm when it was all done, can't see why they didn't open the gates early and put them on at the start. I know I would have done.

• Like 1