British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

What I can't understand is how Leicester were allowed to track a team in 2016 when they still owed money to the riders who rode for them in 2015! The BSPA must have known the situation and should have stopped DH from signing any riders for 2016 until all his debts had been settled for 2015.

You can summarise Norrie's comments in 3 words - 'What a mess'.

Swindon were going in 2013 when they still owed money to ex riders who rode in 2011! It's criminal how the person running the club was allowed to get away with it.

• Like 1

Swindon were going in 2013 when they still owed money to ex riders who rode in 2011! It's criminal how the person running the club was allowed to get away with it.

They have got away with it for years as the BSPA allow them too.

A promoter can withhold a riders payment but a rider cannot withhold his services to the promoter.

• Like 1

To add insult to injury the same guy is still involved with another club, although I think there is at least one stadium that he's not allowed to enter as he owes them too allegedly.

To add insult to injury the same guy is still involved with another club, although I think there is at least one stadium that he's not allowed to enter as he owes them too allegedly.

Yep!!!! Heard his BS and excuses 1st hand one day. Was pathetic! It opened my eyes about what really went on because to that point I didn't believe the rumours about non/late payment.

Edited by thecoombdog

Cookie round the boards, what a sight, what a crowd pleaser! When you do, can you also get him onto the centre green please so we can all see him and applaud him?

Failing that, just drag him over to turn two so we can shake his hand. Ta.

A True Lions Legend!!!

Also, a chap I could talk to eye to eye! We're both about 5"2"!!! Great to watch him winding it on round the outside lines at Blackbird Rd, an unsung hero at a lot of meetings, really used to turn it on against Ole Olsen and his Bees...!

Does he still sport his beard?

Small in size, but A Giant on the track!!!!

• Like 3

If Allen is true to his word in today's star then upmost respect to the lions riders last year continuing to turn out for our entertainment and still some not fully paid risking there life for little truth from the management team.....thank you.

There was a rider who wasn't getting paid,but he felt he had to ride or he would incur a ban which would stop him riding for his other club he rode for.

He doesn't look any different, I'll bring him along with me and some stage

take him along when Kings Lynn are there, be good to say hello .. not seen him (or you, your sister and mum) since I finished at Exeter in '90/'91

A True Lions Legend!!!

Also, a chap I could talk to eye to eye! We're both about 5"2"!!! Great to watch him winding it on round the outside lines at Blackbird Rd, an unsung hero at a lot of meetings, really used to turn it on against Ole Olsen and his Bees...!

Does he still sport his beard?

Small in size, but A Giant on the track!!!!

He was a cert for my list of "Entertainers" on the Bygone Speedway section of the BSF