British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Lasy year Clegg at times was the better rider than Howarth even at reserve.Howarth only rescued his season in the last few matches and most of us were surprised when Wolves retained him on that average we shall see.Howarth since i see him ride for the Robins he has regressed if anything for the Robins he coped very well in the top five and was then released.Stats you also said dont lie so over a period Auty has been a better rider last year you were right Howarth came out on top.But Scunny have said that most of last year Auty was unwell so this year should be better for him like you said both brits good luck to the both of them.

I'd agree regards Howarth until I looked at the stats.

He had a decent year in the PL and was either superb or disappointing in equal measures for Wolves.

If Auty was injured then he should have no problems improving again this season so time will tell.

I'd rather Howarth than Auty in the top flight personally.

Hopefully both will have good years!

I'd agree regards Howarth until I looked at the stats.

He had a decent year in the PL and was either superb or disappointing in equal measures for Wolves.

If Auty was injured then he should have no problems improving again this season so time will tell.

I'd rather Howarth than Auty in the top flight personally.

Hopefully both will have good years!

Totally agree Steve good luck for the new year and enjoy your speedway 😆i presume you will follow the Brummies as well? you are a NL fan to.
  • Like 1

While we're on the subject of keeping up.........it's rider number 4 we are discussing ;)

Oh really? :lol: Who are the three signed already ~ Auty, Gomolski and.......

I wouldn't mind but I do get emails of the latest news. :oops: Perhaps I shouldn't be on here late at night when my brain has stopped working.

.......Sidney the robin...... Totally agree Steve good luck for the new year and enjoy your speedway i presume you will follow the Brummies as well? you are a NL fan to.

I think he supports Cradley rather than Birmingham, judging by his comments on Facebook. :D

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

Oh yes. Thank you. :) Things are looking good as I like him ~ just need Kylmakorpi to sign now.

• Like 2

Howarth ahead in the PL. 7.18 to 7.01. Howarth was in the team that finished runners up.

Howarth ahead in the EL. 5.13 to 4.90. Howarth was in the team that won the league.

But stats don't tell you who had the more difficult rides to attain that average. As Stead & Garrity were higher in the averages than Howarth he would not have had any heat 13 outings unless replacing one of them as R/R. Auty being second in the averages at Scunthorpe would have had heat 13 outings.

Interesting heat 15 stats too.

Auty averaged 8.00 from heat 15 outings, Howarth 5.12

As for the difference in EL stats, the one was riding without pressure in a team near the top of the league, the other was the highest averaging away rider in a team struggling to avoid the wooden spoon.

• Like 2

But stats don't tell you who had the more difficult rides to attain that average. As Stead & Garrity were higher in the averages than Howarth he would not have had any heat 13 outings unless replacing one of them as R/R. Auty being second in the averages at Scunthorpe would have had heat 13 outings.

As for the difference in EL stats, the one was riding without pressure in a team near the top of the league, the other was the highest averaging away rider in a team struggling to avoid the wooden spoon.

"Col"was Auty's figure really helped by those two successive 15 point hauls he got.Plus most Scunny fans say he is better riding at no 5 because of his awful gating what average do you think both will get in the both leagues be interesting to hear your opinion.

Totally agree Steve good luck for the new year and enjoy your speedway i presume you will follow the Brummies as well? you are a NL fan to.

And you too Sidney. I work at Birmingham so it's less of a follow.

I'm more of a Development league and amateur racing fan besides dabbling in a bit of amateur stuff as well.

I think he supports Cradley rather than Birmingham, judging by his comments on Facebook. :D

Do you really think I'm a fan of Cradley from those comments. :t::rofl:

Not sure what comments made elsewhere are relevant to this conversation tho. :neutral:

Interesting you use your stats to tell another story too.

I'd say pressure is more on a team and rider doing much better than one struggling.

So again those stats only tell one side as well.

Facts tell us what the averages both start 2017 on. Howarth ahead in both leagues.

Edited by stevebrum

Blimey Rob ~ keep up. That was on page 79. :lol: We're now sorting out rider number 3 who may or may not be MJJ and my immediate thought was I hope not as that would mean KKS being on all the Leicester threads, but flagrag has already beaten me to it. :P

there is clue in my signature if you can see it. I'll probably see you around BP, I think my diary is clear for April 15th

• Like 1

......Stevebrum............Do you really think I'm a fan of Cradley from those comments. :t: :rofl:

Not sure what comments made elsewhere are relevant to this conversation tho. :neutral:

Not relevant at all. I must remember in future not to make jokes when the info is from elsewhere. :oops:

Not relevant at all. I must remember in future not to make jokes when the info is from elsewhere. :oops:

I never mind YOU using information because you are a decent genuine person. However I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't mention it given how others have tried to use (false) information about me.

Nothing personal you understand. :t:

New website looks professional and finally we seem to be receiving a steady stream of club info thanks to those who have driven changes. I see the band of helpers have been to site carrying out the pre season maintenance I wonder if this shall include some needed track changes let's hope so for both clubs. Onwards and upwards bring on those robins...

Without pressure? I'd say there's more pressure on a rider at the top end of the league.

I would suggest Wolves won most of their home fixtures much quicker than Leicester did. So very little pressure on Howarth, same at Sheffield. Stead & Garrity were expected to score the big points. I bet Howarth had very few heat 15 outings for Wolves unless the points were already secured and it didn't matter. I am so far from giving a flip about this argument that I cannot be bothered to check, but as the Lions highest averaging away rider I'm sure Auty was called to action in many more heats that mattered than Howarth was, when he would be on the rough end of the result.

I'd take the battling Auty, who can't gate over the trapping tart that is Howarth, who seems to have gone backwards since he was at Swindon.

As for more appropriate questions, surely MJJ has a team spot in the Elitserien & Ekstraliga... with domestic duties so that signing is a pipe dream?

Edited by Col

I'd take the battling Auty, who can't gate over the trapping tart that is Howarth, who seems to have gone backwards since he was at Swindon.

His PL average hasn't gone backwards tho unlike Auty.

If Howarth has gone backwards then Auty has virtually disappeared.

Howarth did improve in the PL but he will never be a number 1 also as i have said before Godfrey the Scunny promoter did say Auty was unwell for most of last year.The meetings that stick out for me between the two were the brilliant Scunny semi final and British Final where Auty came out on top in both meetings.I think both will have better seasons i hope so anyway but over ten races between the two i know who my money would be on.

Good grief is this argument still going on. On the basis of the plentiful evidence presented in this thread the conclusion seems quite clear - that there is little between them. If one is better than the other any difference is marginal.

Personally I'd be happy to see either of them in a team I supported, although at 22 vs 26 I think Howarth has more potential for improvement.

• Like 1

Good grief is this argument still going on. On the basis of the plentiful evidence presented in this thread the conclusion seems quite clear - that there is little between them. If one is better than the other any difference is marginal.

Personally I'd be happy to see either of them in a team I supported, although at 22 vs 26 I think Howarth has more potential for improvement.

Great when everyone can have a opinion really interesting, be great to see all BRITS whatever level improve.😆
  • Like 2