British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

If some of these young British lads had been given a chance of riding in the top flight ealier in thier careers, do you think that they could have become far better riders than they have ended up being. They are OK in the lower league but nothing better than riding at reserve berth. Shame really, just hope that the actually bring along some of the next brood of youngsters that are coming through now, for the sake of British speedway we are in dire need of some real decent talent. Not a bad start to the team, I hope the have some more to give us a bit more to chear us up.

Howarth has never ever been better than Auty last year in the British final says it all has Howarth been a PL number 1 with a near on 9 point average.?I like Kyle but on his average this year i recon he is pretty poor. value.

At Scunny maybe? you are on about now a pretty poor EL no difference really to the PL.

Howarth IS better than Auty.. ill take averages over a one off meeting.. Auty isnt even a 2 tier number one anymore. He may be exciting to watch but Howarth scores more points

• Like 1

Howarth has never ever been better than Auty last year in the British final says it all has Howarth been a PL number 1 with a near on 9 point average.?I like Kyle but on his average this year i recon he is pretty poor.

And last year's averages tell it all.

Howarth ahead in the PL. 7.18 to 7.01. Howarth was in the team that finished runners up.

Howarth ahead in the EL. 5.13 to 4.90. Howarth was in the team that won the league.

Stats don't lie.

• Like 1

And last year's averages tell it all.

Howarth ahead in the PL. 7.18 to 7.01. Howarth was in the team that finished runners up.

Howarth ahead in the EL. 5.13 to 4.90. Howarth was in the team that won the league.

Stats don't lie.

But Steve dress it up as much as you like Howarth has never been a PL no 1 he never will be.Also, see how it goes this year we shall see we can have a chat in 6 months time.🤓 Edited by Sidney the robin

But Steve dress it up as much as you like Howarth has never been a PL no 1 he never will be.Also, see how it goes this year we shall see we can have a chat in 6 months time.

Stats aren't dressing anything up tho are they?

If he is a better rider how come not only is his PL average lower but so is was his EL average in 2016.

Stats prove Howarth had a better year than Auty.

Not sure what riding at number one proves.

Didn't Ulamek then Hougaard ride at number one for Leicester last year. That make them better riders who didn't ride number one?

Flawed theory IMHO.

You are right let's see how this season goes. Evidence suggests Howarth is improving and Auty is on the decline.

As both are British I hope they both have a great year!

• Like 1

If he is a better rider how come not only is his PL average lower but so is was his EL average in 2016.

Didn't Ulamek then Hougaard ride at number one for Leicester last year. That make them better riders who didn't ride number one?

Flawed theory IMHO.

You are right let's see how this season goes. Evidence suggests Howarth is improving and Auty is on the decline.

A difference of 0.2 of a point in both leagues is hardly conclusive evidence. I would say they are about the same level - Auty has been better but has been blighted with injuries.

A difference of 0.2 of a point in both leagues is hardly conclusive evidence. I would say they are about the same level - Auty has been better but has been blighted with injuries.

That's fair, likewise it's not fair to suggest a rider with a lower average is the better rider.

Howarth has been a small improver most seasons, time will tell if that continues this season and if Auty has a better season also.

But Steve dress it up as much as you like Howarth has never been a PL no 1 he never will be.Also, see how it goes this year we shall see we can have a chat in 6 months time.🤓

Howarth would of been number 1 if he had ridden in the same team as Auty this year. The fact Auty rode in a poor side and Howarth a good side doesnt affect the fact Howarth is a better rider

Howarth would of been number 1 if he had ridden in the same team as Auty this year. The fact Auty rode in a poor side and Howarth a good side doesnt affect the fact Howarth is a better rider

I couldn't give a toss about who's the best rider. Auty has done brilliantly at Leicester and I would have him in my team any day.
  • Like 1

Auty has been first or second in the Scunthorpe averages for several seasons, something Howarth has never been at any of his PL clubs.

I would of given his scunny team mate ago ryan douglas who I think has a better future in the sport than auty and for that matter Howarth.

Edited by neb
  • Like 1

Auty rode well for the Lions last year and he is a great fan pleaser and exiting to watch. Just hope that he has a better season this year with no injuries. Glad he is back again. Shame if we don't get Woz back again he came on leaps and bounds in the 2 seasons he rode for us, the Poles should be ashamed with all the tactics they are employing. What will happen when the bubble bursts over there, they would be only to willing to send riders over here then just to get some track time.

They can't keep paying the silly money they are paying out for riders now. That is if and when they pay them. It will come a time when the riders say enough is enough.

The next Leicester signing in my opinion is the most crucial on what type of season the club has based upon who has already signed.

If what I have heard tonight turns out to be correct it will be a very positive signing and I wonder if it will mean that the Speedway forums man of many names e.g. KKS,Morriseyfan,MJJ fan will be making regular visits to Beaumont Park in 2017 in fact maybe this poster could confirm whether the rider in question is coming to Leicester .

• Like 1

The next Leicester signing in my opinion is the most crucial on what type of season the club has based upon who has already signed.

If what I have heard tonight turns out to be correct it will be a very positive signing and I wonder if it will mean that the Speedway forums man of many names e.g. KKS,Morriseyfan,MJJ fan will be making regular visits to Beaumont Park in 2017 in fact maybe this poster could confirm whether the rider in question is coming to Leicester .

Micheal jepsen jensen on his way

• Like 1

Kacper Gomolski announced on the BSPA website

Blimey Rob ~ keep up. That was on page 79. :lol: We're now sorting out rider number 3 who may or may not be MJJ and my immediate thought was I hope not as that would mean KKS being on all the Leicester threads, but flagrag has already beaten me to it. :P

• Like 1

Blimey Rob ~ keep up. That was on page 79. :lol: We're now sorting out rider number 3 who may or may not be MJJ and my immediate thought was I hope not as that would mean KKS being on all the Leicester threads, but flagrag has already beaten me to it. :P

While we're on the subject of keeping up.........it's rider number 4 we are discussing ;)

• Like 3

Howarth IS better than Auty.. ill take averages over a one off meeting.. Auty isnt even a 2 tier number one anymore. He may be exciting to watch but Howarth scores more points

Lasy year Clegg at times was the better rider than Howarth even at reserve.Howarth only rescued his season in the last few matches and most of us were surprised when Wolves retained him on that average we shall see.

Flawed theory IMHO.

Howarth since i see him ride for the Robins he has regressed if anything for the Robins he coped very well in the top five and was then released.Stats you also said dont lie so over a period Auty has been a better rider last year you were right Howarth came out on top.But Scunny have said that most of last year Auty was unwell so this year should be better for him like you said both brits good luck to the both of them.
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmmm.. Has a Leicester Lions connection.. following in his fathers footsteps, or should that be tyre tracks!!

Son of the enigmatic, world beater one race, wobbler the next, the great Dane, Finn Rune Jensen!!

"OR"

Is it someone else?

Wonder if a big Polish Rider might encourage a few of the Leicester "Polish" massive out to the track? Someone like the great "TOMASZ GOLLOB"

Not doing GP's or SEC this year, is he......?

What average would he come in on?

A Poole/Wolves type average, or rest of Premiership average?