British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

I think you will find he is very popular with the fans and for me that is what speedway is all about.It is not all about averages you said Auty last year was the worst rider to ride at Poole all year have a look at how many he scored there at the end of the year.

quite agree i like josh and he is a racer and 100% committed and as you say thats what it is all about

• Like 2

Delighted with the start to the team... I think Kim Nilsson will be a shrewd signing, despite his inflated average. He'll be brilliant at home, looked good on previous visits to Beaumont park.. As for Auty, he was one of the first names I'd have wanted. A committed racer, that has never stopped trying for the Lions since his first meeting.

Was the Gomolski tweets definitely about Leicester? I figured it came about at the same time that Poole announced they were looking for cover for Brady Kurtz and that their averages would be quite similar.

In slightly more concerning news; Aaron Summers Facebook status says he's still owed money and confirmed its not by Glasgow. Unless it's for guest appearances, then it seems to imply he hasn't been paid by Leicester last year (and also seemed to suggest he won't be signing for the club this year).

Lets keep Summers away from BP did not rate him at all last season. Good PL rider or should say champion rider, he has reach as far as he is going I think. He had great potentiol at the start but really failed to live up to it.

• Like 1

Good news for Leicester fans so hopefully Coventry will be the same.

Having given it considerable thought we have decided to reduce this season’s admission prices to Adults £17 and Over 65’s £14 with children remaining unaltered at £5 for 10 to 17 years inclusive and Under 10’s free.

This will also be reflected in the price of our 2017 Season Tickets which are now Adults £270, Over 65’s £225 and Children £80. This offer includes all 16 SGB Premiership fixtures, plus all Knockout Cup matches and one Challenge meeting.

Good news for Leicester fans so hopefully Coventry will be the same.

Having given it considerable thought we have decided to reduce this seasons admission prices to Adults £17 and Over 65s £14 with children remaining unaltered at £5 for 10 to 17 years inclusive and Under 10s free.

This will also be reflected in the price of our 2017 Season Tickets which are now Adults £270, Over 65s £225 and Children £80. This offer includes all 16 SGB Premiership fixtures, plus all Knockout Cup matches and one Challenge meeting.

U16s should remain free as in 2016 especially in the situation we find ourselves in.

Nowhere near the worst signing!!

As has been said already, he's a racer, always 100% committed, but a poor gater, which did improve over the last 2 seasons or so....

Now, James Sargeant would be a poor signing... Don't think that will happen.

could learn Josh how to gate though
  • Like 1

Ludde Lindgren is awaiting a phone call to rejoin you.

So he said in this weeks speedway star but then I guess other riders would like a call from the lions aswel, it's a shame that all Brits can't ride in both British leagues yet Johnny Foreigners can.

Bspa should make it possible for every Brit to ride in both leagues

Edited by robert72

I think you will find he is very popular with the fans and for me that is what speedway is all about.It is not all about averages you said Auty last year was the worst rider to ride at Poole all year have a look at how many he scored there at the end of the year.

Funniest thing I have read this evening, so your saying you would take Auty because the fans like him and that is what Speedway is all about so stuff his average pmsl so you would take a rubbish rider not implying Auty is because he is a fan favorite very logical.=, only in Speedway.

• Like 1

So he said in this weeks speedway star but then I guess other riders would like a call from the lions aswel, it's a shame that all Brits can't ride in both British leagues yet Johnny Foreigners can.

Bspa should make it possible for every Brit to ride in both leagues

Every Brit can ride in both leagues.
  • Like 2

Funniest thing I have read this evening, so your saying you would take Auty because the fans like him and that is what Speedway is all about so stuff his average pmsl so you would take a rubbish rider not implying Auty is because he is a fan favorite very logical.=, only in Speedway.

Because he is a decent rider and i commit and say he will improve this year also the fans who pay his wages are happy with him.Is that to hard to digest ? i remember you last year slagging him off yet he went to Poole beat Newman and Pedersen (who he could beat easily on good race tracks Scunny? all day long as a example.Get a grip forget the averages and the fans matter,you have basically said teams home favourites does not mean a jot forget averages speedway is a entertainment Auty whatever you say about him is a racer ask the Scunny fans. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

In which case there wouldn't be enough riders to go around.

Of course there would...........are you trying to tell me there are less than 119 speedway riders in the world?

We have 17 teams in the top two leagues with 7 riders per team, equating to 119 riders. The quality from top to bottom may not be quite so high, but that would far outweigh the credibility gained for the sport.

Of course there would...........are you trying to tell me there are less than 119 speedway riders in the world?

We have 17 teams in the top two leagues with 7 riders per team, equating to 119 riders. The quality from top to bottom may not be quite so high, but that would far outweigh the credibility gained for the sport.

It should certainly be the target for 2019. I'd have limited it to 2 double uppers in 2017, 1 in 2018 and none in 2019.