British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Who else is there to get rid of as you put it

As far as I can see from the Lion's web site there are 4 vacancies at the moment (Co-promoter, Operations Coordinator, Team Manager & Track Curator). If you include the Medical Officer, there are, I think, another 19 people employed in various capacities some of whom must be vulnerable, especially those who have been subject to criticism on here in the past.

As far as I can see from the Lion's web site there are 4 vacancies at the moment (Co-promoter, Operations Coordinator, Team Manager & Track Curator). If you include the Medical Officer, there are, I think, another 19 people employed in various capacities some of whom must be vulnerable, especially those who have been subject to criticism on here in the past.

given the location , I think there,s a vacancy for 24 hour security

• Like 1

anyone going over to wolverhampton to see magnus karlsson race in his brothers meeting,this will be proably the last time we will ever see mk and pk ride in the uk and lets not forget how magnus gave leicester no less than 100% during his time there.it would be nice to give him a proper loins send off he deserves that at least.

Set to be released after Coventry declare out which they will do.

Then King @ No1

king? No thanks!
  • Like 1

Set to be released after Coventry declare out which they will do.

Then King @ No1

I'd have thought if Coventry don't ride then King would be sought after by Belle Vue, he's excellent at the new NSS, especially when winning the British final there. Can't say he's ever been particularly impressive around BP.

Makes you wonder if part of the reason why Leicester are waiting to make any announcements is in part due to waiting to see what happens at Coventry/Bees riders.

That's exactly what Dave Darcy has stated in both last week's and this week's Speedway Star!! Not long to wait now with tomorrow being the deadline for Coventry!!

Richard Lawson on Facebook. Not going to Leicester as he expected. Says something will be announced tomorrow? Possible Cov closure and Leicester naming a team full of Bees?? What you reckon?

Richard Lawson on Facebook. Not going to Leicester as he expected. Says something will be announced tomorrow? Possible Cov closure and Leicester naming a team full of Bees?? What you reckon?

Perhaps Leicester have decided to stay with Saturday night racing, something they wouldn't have been able to do if they had signed Lawson, because he's already at a Saturday track with Glasgow.

Perhaps Leicester have decided to stay with Saturday night racing, something they wouldn't have been able to do if they had signed Lawson, because he's already at a Saturday track with Glasgow.

That makes sense. If Bees don't run I doubt Leicester would want all 7 riders.

As has been posted by Richard Lawson tonight there will be more info for Leicester fans and EL clubs tomorrow about who is running and on which night.

Now this has all been confirmed I expect the first Lions signing to be announced very soon with another to follow shortly after.

Edited by flagrag

If Dickie The Gater was Leicester bound and due to Coventry not running, if thats the case. and Leicester decide to drop him for a Non UK rider could he appeal to the relevant Government department as a UK rider shouldnt be put out of work by a foreigner doing the same job ie Kenny The HighVis Greenflash Gater

wasnt Eddie Kennett involved in a similar situation a few years back