British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Jonathon.

It is a shame that so many people who put in so much effort to get speedway back up and running again in Leicester, where just pushed aside, with not a single word of thanks, by a person who only had his own ideals and dreams to be solely in chanrge of the club.

If things had been done differently then the Lions may not have been in the mess they where in last year, you could see it going downhill for a long time. But he would not listen to anyone until it was far to late.

I hope that now there is a new management team in place that the Lions can be a team worth reconing with.

Can't wait to hear the full news on what happens with the Lions this season, who we have as manager, I know we have heard rummors but you still have to see it in print. Plus will we get a eam of 7 riders that can go out there and do the business. Making the fans proud at long last to say they follow the Lions.

• Like 1

Reading Darcys interview in the star, he doesn't hang back in slating Hemsley. States he should have gone 2 or 3 seasons ago and was walking around lording the place with sunglasses on his head whilst not paying the riders.

Now I thought Hemsley still owns the place. He is obviously going to read the interview in the star. Isn't the interview going to antagonise Hemsley in such a way he throws Darcy out? From all reports Hemsley seems to be a volatile person.

• Like 2

What reports?

Have always found him polite and fairly easy to get on with.

When I parked next to a Leicester fan, I asked how life was with DH in charge.

The Leicester fan said and I quote :

Helmsley is an arrogant bastard who does not listen to anyone but himself.

Personally , I have given up going to Leicester since the track is poor.

Edited by Gunner85

Who do you guys think will be in your team. I can see a few riders who were slated by previous management returning.

I don't know how the averages fit or the polish rule but

Mads

Michealsen

Sedgeman

Schlien

Bridger

Buzkowski

Morris Nielsen

Maybe others like kylmakorpi and Kim Jansen in the mix? But it would mean a weaker reserve

Edited by Danny Connor

A referee might disagree with you.

so just the one report then. Like I say I have found him polite to deal with but of course am fully aware that I'm not in business with. I'm sure we are all different in work to out.

When I parked next to a Leicester fan, I asked how life was with DH in charge.

The Leicester fan said and I quote :

Helmsley is an arrogant bastard who does not listen to anyone but himself.

Personally , I have given up going to Leicester since the track is poor.

Of course that's your choice. Personally I prefer to have my own opinion on someone than listen to what Joe Bloggs has to say about someone.

I said this and got blasted..

You said gardening didn't happen in years gone by. I got a bunch of 1980s belle vue dvds for Xmas, and in one of those the commentator is moaning about the amount of gardening in "modern" speedway.

You got blasted because you were wrong and wouldn't admit it, totally out of character as that may be.

Jonathon.

It is a shame that so many people who put in so much effort to get speedway back up and running again in Leicester, where just pushed aside, with not a single word of thanks, by a person who only had his own ideals and dreams to be solely in chanrge of the club.

If things had been done differently then the Lions may not have been in the mess they where in last year, you could see it going downhill for a long time. But he would not listen to anyone until it was far to late.

I hope that now there is a new management team in place that the Lions can be a team worth reconing with.

Can't wait to hear the full news on what happens with the Lions this season, who we have as manager, I know we have heard rummors but you still have to see it in print. Plus will we get a eam of 7 riders that can go out there and do the business. Making the fans proud at long last to say they follow the Lions.

I could also see it going down hill and still having a small emotional attachment I put olive branch out to DH by text and FB messenger last winter.I was back in the UK for a period and was happy to assist in getting the mistakes corrected and making it a success.... I never heard back.

Like I have said before, without DH's financial commitment and risk the stadium would never have been built, so in my opinion he thoroughly deserved his opportunity at running the club. Just a shame for the fans he was reluctant to accept the majority of help or advice given to him, and in hindsight I would hope he realises that his biggest downfall was not respecting the people who helped him get where he was and listen to the people that matter the most, the fans!

• Like 2

You said gardening didn't happen in years gone by. I got a bunch of 1980s belle vue dvds for Xmas, and in one of those the commentator is moaning about the amount of gardening in "modern" speedway.

You got blasted because you were wrong and wouldn't admit it, totally out of character as that may be.

No you just turned it round to suit yourself.

I could also see it going down hill and still having a small emotional attachment I put olive branch out to DH by text and FB messenger last winter.I was back in the UK for a period and was happy to assist in getting the mistakes corrected and making it a success.... I never heard back.

Like I have said before, without DH's financial commitment and risk the stadium would never have been built, so in my opinion he thoroughly deserved his opportunity at running the club. Just a shame for the fans he was reluctant to accept the majority of help or advice given to him, and in hindsight I would hope he realises that his biggest downfall was not respecting the people who helped him get where he was and listen to the people that matter the most, the fans!

There's a limit to how much sugar you can blow up your own arse Jonathan, keep on and you'll be farting candy floss forever!

Robert72 - Mr Hemsley is no longer pulling the strings at Leicester with the Speedway operation he is just the stadium owner and I understand relationship with the new promotion is good and positive talks have been had about track changes it's just case on ironing out the financials of the work as the promotion feel that DH should pay towards it as his stadium

Say it ain't so.

The new promotion are expecting Hemsley (who thought there was nothing wrong with the track & has speedway debts still to pay) to foot the bill for track changes?

That isn't going happen during this 15 year lease then!

Robert72 - Mr Hemsley is no longer pulling the strings at Leicester with the Speedway operation he is just the stadium owner and I understand relationship with the new promotion is good and positive talks have been had about track changes it's just case on ironing out the financials of the work as the promotion feel that DH should pay towards it as his stadium

Edited by Astill lodge lion
  • Like 2

And you think DH will pay towards something he felt didn't need changing ?

After reading Mr Darcys strong views on DH are you sure everything is still rosey plus he may not have the speedway promotion rights but without his stadium there is no Leicester speedway so he has a lot of power still.

Who do you guys think will be in your team. I can see a few riders who were slated by previous management returning.

I don't know how the averages fit or the polish rule but

Mads

Michealsen

Sedgeman

Schlien

Bridger

Buzkowski

Morris Nielsen

Maybe others like kylmakorpi and Kim Jansen in the mix? But it would mean a weaker reserve

I reckon the following:-

Danny King

Kenneth Bjerre

Lasse Bjerre

James Sarjeant

Jason Garrity

Josh Bates

Lewis Kerr

Turned what round? So you didn't say there was far less gardening in the past?

I wouldn't bother trying to get an answer. :lol:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2