British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Sounds to me Hemsleys still in charge with a stooge promoter like last year. No change at mill....

Says he's standing aside (has to) and the guy running it is the same bloke as last season.

Reasons to be cheerful? Well they are running I guess is one, er..... not sure after that.

As jchapman says, a big missed opportunity. The club desperately needed a big new broom to sweep out all the filth and clutter at this club. Instead they got the same dirty old mop.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

An obviously Hemsley-controlled media release at 7am to get something out before the BSPA's version later-on. Says he is stepping aside.......Didn't he do that months ago??

To be fair to DH (and its not very often I come to his aid!) the press release must have been put out sometime yesterday as it is in todays issue of the Leicester Mercury which is printed overnight and was delivered to us before 7.00 a.m. today.

Not the best news in the world, but all we can do now is wait and see what happens when then finally tell us the real story and not the load of old trollop, they have put on the Lions webpage. It just sounsds like a big fairy tale on DH's part to make folks belive he has stepped aside, for someone else to carry on all the good work that has gone on in the past.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

Don't worry changes have been made and things will be different at Leicester in 2017. I can assure all the DH haters that he is not involved with the Speedway any longer Dave Darcy will look after the club on a day to day basis supported by Buster Chapman who simply does not have the time to run another club as well as be chair of BSPA.

• Like 2

Don't worry changes have been made and things will be different at Leicester in 2017. I can assure all the DH haters that he is not involved with the Speedway any longer Dave Darcy will look after the club on a day to day basis supported by Buster Chapman who simply does not have the time to run another club as well as be chair of BSPA.

Is this an official statement from the club?

Not surprised that the whole situation is unclear. PR is not a strength of the BSPA, the person running it or anyone connected with it. Let's hope it all becomes clearer in the near future, but at the moment I feel it is a missed opportunity to get Leicester fans 100% behind it and start to create a massive buzz around the city before the tapes go up again in March.

The bspa have always been a joke and nothing changes,

We must only be about 9 weeks away from the start of the season and 3 sets of fans know very little about what's going on with their club in the top flight of British speedway, that is shocking for a professional sport to treat fans this badly.

• Like 2

Now we know Hemsley is not involved in speedway affairs any more, plus gobbie Allan is out of the picture too, this is surely a small cause for celebration.

Potentially a decent new team & manager to be revealed next week, not all bad, for once. Nothing about race night yet though.

I can't believe there is elements of negativity amongst some on this page. !!! same negativity that is a virus to speedway

The team is running next season. At times that looked very unlikely and it's also running in the top league. Sod the politics. The few hundred hardcore fans who turned up cheering their team last season through thin and thinner still get their fix and maybe. With a competitive team the fan base will grow.

The lions situation is solved. Next up belle vue and Coventry.

Speedways biggest problem sometimes is its negative fans.

Congratulations Leicester fans

• Like 9

I can't believe there is elements of negativity amongst some on this page. !!! same negativity that is a virus to speedway

The team is running next season. At times that looked very unlikely and it's also running in the top league. Sod the politics. The few hundred hardcore fans who turned up cheering their team last season through thin and thinner still get their fix and maybe. With a competitive team the fan base will grow.

The lions situation is solved. Next up belle vue and Coventry.

Speedways biggest problem sometimes is its negative fans.

Congratulations Leicester fans

Danny Connor, 31 years of age and 21 posts to your name.

As your age and experience of life grows, you will come to realize that there is a very thin line between negativity and realism.

Many people on here have heard and seen it all before and have been conned by far better exponents of the art than the current spivs.

I admire your blind optimism and I wish the Leicester Lions the success that they deserve in 2017.

• Like 2

Nice bit of a soundbite for the new regime at BP ,on the east midlands news tonight , made a change to see speedway getting a mention for a change , and it was all very positive stuff as well

16 years a fan. Ok I know some on here remember the boom days. And talk of the early 80s ect but they are never coming back. The world changes. Be happy with what we have. It's a great sport with great competitors. Gladiators.

The real fact is Leicester is running next season.

Christ. If you hate it so much why bother?

• Like 3

16 years a fan. Ok I know some on here remember the boom days. And talk of the early 80s ect but they are never coming back. The world changes. Be happy with what we have. It's a great sport with great competitors. Gladiators.

The real fact is Leicester is running next season.

Christ. If you hate it so much why bother?

I don't think you need to bring religion into it.

I don't remember anybody saying that they hated anything.

Have I missed something?