British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Sounds very positive. Hope the part about Ollie Allen is true! Think a lot of riders would be excited at the prospect of riding under his management. Would be great for the sport too to have another young, British manager and I'm sure him and Simon Stead would be in contact helping each other develop and progress in their roles

Remember Ollie and Simon both rode together at Peterborough when they were kids in the Prowlers in the late 90's. and have crossed each others paths many times since then. Could be useful to keep in touch with each other.

• Like 2

Remember Ollie and Simon both rode together at Peterborough when they were kids in the Prowlers in the late 90's. and have crossed each others paths many times since then. Could be useful to keep in touch with each other.

They both rode for Peterborough Thundercats and Simon Stead made his debut for them at Ipswich away to the Anglian Angels which was combined Ipswich/Kings Lynn team. They went on to win the conference league ,David Howe was the NO1 in a team that also included Scott Brady

They both rode for Peterborough Thundercats and Simon Stead made his debut for them at Ipswich away to the Anglian Angels which was combined Ipswich/Kings Lynn team. They went on to win the conference league ,David Howe was the NO1 in a team that also included Scott Brady

Sorry I thought they are the the Prowlers. thanks for the correction.

They were a cracking side with young kids developing together. Incidently, both Ollie and Simon nearly joined the Diamonds in about 1998 on loan, but that's a story for some other time. They never knew.

Buster needs to get the machinery in now to dig the track up and reshape it if he is serious to make a go at it at Leicester.

I suppose you will want him to run the meetings as well. It's so easy to sit back and do nothing. The track work is a menial task in view of the situation at Leicester. Lets get the place up and running first before we start moaning about the shape of the track.....

• Like 2

I suppose you will want him to run the meetings as well. It's so easy to sit back and do nothing. The track work is a menial task in view of the situation at Leicester. Lets get the place up and running first before we start moaning about the shape of the track.....

and tell him to start working on his engines, we want Buster riding at number 1!

Glyn did a good job on bends 3/4 so is it not possible for him to sort the other bends out, or perhaps he's not going to be involved anymore? :neutral: The racing was noticeably better this season after the work was carried out.

• Like 1

Glyn did a good job on bends 3/4 so is it not possible for him to sort the other bends out, or perhaps he's not going to be involved anymore? :neutral: The racing was noticeably better this season after the work was carried out.

I agree it was. I had to have a sit down after the Kings Lynn meeting, such was the amount of overtaking going on

• Like 2

The shape of the track and lack of racing was the cause of so many walking away, so it's a priority to make huge track changes and to show those who walked that things have changed and to give it another try, this was the major down fall of DH reign in charge.

Well said. You will still have the usual suspect moaning tho. ^^^^^^^

The shape of the track and lack of racing was the cause of so many walking away, so it's a priority to make huge track changes and to show those who walked that things have changed and to give it another try, this was the major down fall of DH reign in charge.

Sorry I have to disagree. It's not the only reason !!

• Like 2

It just fails to amaze me that DH would never listen to anything that people said, the only thing I can remeber him actually doing after being asked by not just me alone but the supports club too was to spend a few pounds and a days work, laying slabs, from just passed the shop to the disabled viewing area, to make things a lot easier for folks in wheelchairs to get to the Loo's I always ended up with the same reply, that it would be done soon. It took from when the stadium opened until 2 seasons ago to do it. Maybe not something he will go down in the history books for but it made a few people lives a lot easier, than rattling your teeth crossing that roadstone.

I now wait with baited breath to see an actual statement on the Lions and SCB's websites. I f they manage to get the track work done then all the better, what is of greater importance is getting the Lions to the tapes next year. That work will get done of that I am sure. Look forward to next season. Hope for goodness sake though, that they get a team that can compete, if they don't reach the playoff it will not be the end of the world, but it would be icing on the cake to see them at least finish up somewhere at the top of the tree, instead of being the strongest club, that sits at the botton, like Charles Atlas and holds all the other teams up.

I agree it was. I had to have a sit down after the Kings Lynn meeting, such was the amount of overtaking going on

Now which meeting are you referring to? The words Kings Lynn strikes fear into my heart as things seem to happen when the Lions meet the Stars. :o By the way bring your own seat if you should go to Coventry or you won't be able to sit down. :wink:

• Like 2

I have never seen the Saturday restriction in any of the planning documents.

If you look at the attached planning permission approved it just states the track cannot be used outside 08:00-22:30 daily and no more than 50 meetings can take place a year.

http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/fdweb/Image.aspx?pbfc=714

Doesn't the main race night have to be on a Saturday due to the lease agreement ?

Waiting for a phone call I scribbled this team down on a scrap of paper

P Hougaard

A Thomsen

S Wozniak

J Sedgman

B Barker

R Douglas

B Hopwood

Not the foggiest about what that adds up to.

Any stattoes welcome!

If Hopwood is 2.00 it fits with 0.04 to spare.