British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

If i was a lions fan I would like a team like this.

1. Kylmakorpi 9.35

2.R.Wells= 7.92

3.Gomolski= 7.71

4.P.Starke= 6.62 = Should be your top priority because he is so good on that average. Pay him more than Somerset just saying.

5. Nick Morris= 8.97

6.Batchelor= =7.36

7. 2 pointer=

How about this???

This would be a good side i feel.

Could (but won't) line up like:

Nick Morris 8.97

Patrick Houggard 8.71

Szymon Wozniak 8.27

Richard Lawson 8.17

Aaron Summers 8.13

Nickolai Klindt 5.42

(2 pt rider) Wajcknecht? 2.00

Team = 49.67

Think a team similar to this would be very competitive. Would however expect to see Auty in the 7 and would require us racing midweek if Glasgow are moving to Saturday nights as previously suggested

Edited by beckettlion

If i was a lions fan I would like a team like this.

1. Kylmakorpi 9.35

2.R.Wells= 7.92

3.Gomolski= 7.71

4.P.Starke= 6.62 = Should be your top priority because he is so good on that average. Pay him more than Somerset just saying.

5. Nick Morris= 8.97

6.Batchelor= =7.36

7. 2 pointer=

How about this???

This would be a good side i feel.

Starke is a Somerset asset so doesn't matter what they offer, if May wanted to use him he will.

Well you can forget at least 1 of those!!! :wink:

Are you teasing again Skidder ;-)

Nothing would surprise me Poole went for Klindt or Wozniak.

You normally seem to be in the know so maybe you can spill some more.

For the record I really do hope Leicester can get it together for 2017. Have read a lot of what seems internal politics on this clubs BSF and would be good if they can sort it out and let whoever runs it get on with putting a team together sooner rather than later when it may be a case of what's left after the other clubs have done their biz. Maybe not so many announced but do we really think a lot of them may not already be agreed/almost negotiated but are being held back on announcement for when it suits the clubs to gain max media exposure.

I would not have Auty. Auty was the worst rider i saw ride at Poole all of last season. He is slow and on that average have fun with it.

A very strange comment scored 6 plus 2 from four rides at Poole at the backend of the season beating Pedersen and your golden boy Newman.He probably is to Leicester what Newman is to Poole a Brit gives his all and is popular.
  • Like 1

A very strange comment scored 6 plus 2 from four rides at Poole at the backend of the season beating Pedersen and your golden boy Newman.He probably is to Leicester what Newman is to Poole a Brit gives his all and is popular.

Not a rider that will increase his average though has found his level

• Like 1

Possibly maybe you are right but for me is still better than Newman has reached British Finals as we all know his gating is his big problem it is atrocious.

and unfortunately that wont improve this year either, I hate to say this but id rather have Newman, Think they will be on a similar average at the end of next year but Kyle will improve to his

• Like 1

Mis leading depending on league, Id much rather Newman in the Premiership but would go for Auty in the championship however think that will change after this year

Auty on certain tracks can mix it look at this years British Final he has reached four British Finals Newman so far has not behind Wright,Starke,Garrity,Bates,Bridger,Lawson, (ect) in that respect.

So then...

2 weeks since Glyn said it had only been a week since the agm and there were t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted

3 weeks since agm

4 weeks since Dave Darcy assurances of going to tapes in elite league giving the impression that plans were in place and new owners/promotion was basically being finalised... probably providing foundation to Glyn's comments

Presumably 5,6,7 + weeks with a potential deal to be negotiated and ironed out but still norra peep.

Unless the terms and contracts involve leiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicestttttttttttttttttttttter liiiiiiiiiiiiions holdiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings liiiiiiiiiimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttted, I can see a) no agreement and lions not running or B) we are left to select from a very minor cast of riders with a combined average a lot less than 50 and like captains picking the team in p.e at school and having to choose between the two kids at the back who hate sport and shivering in sub zero temperatures wearing plimmies and vests and just want to be somewhere else.

• Like 1

I thought Simon Lambert might get a mention / consideration from a few? A Brit, a real trier & sensational when his form / confidence is up.

It amazed me that Simon Lambert doesn't get any mentions for his parent club at King's Lynn too. He's not been given a fair crack of the whip by them over the years, and he certainly deserves a place with someone.

• Like 2