British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Probably from the same morons who break in the stadium on a regular basis & smash it up. So are the Lions supporters now supposed to hand over £17 each to not have a clue what's beings said? To be honest, does the city of Leicester really want speedway back? The first meeting this season was fantastic, big crowd, lots of noise, great atmosphere. Since then it's like visiting a morgue. No atmosphere, can't hear the PA system & absolutely no attempt to excite the crowd. Add to that radio Leicester hardly ever mention the sport & i doubt that half the population of Leicester even know it exists. To me it's like watching something dying a very slow & painful death.

Edited by Liontamer
  • Like 1

Probably from the same morons who break in the stadium on a regular basis & smash it up. So are the Lions supporters now supposed to hand over £17 each to not have a clue what's beings said? To be honest, does the city of Leicester really want speedway back? The first meeting this season was fantastic, big crowd, lots of noise, great atmosphere. Since then it's like visiting a morgue. No atmosphere, can't hear the PA system & absolutely no attempt to excite the crowd. Add to that radio Leicester hardly ever mention the sport & i doubt that half the population of Leicester even know it exists. To me it's like watching something dying a very slow & painful death.

I heard it was more to do with the 'compo' the noise could attract rather than anyone being bothered about the track being there

So much for Mr Lynch's pre season comments that we will just try and win all our home matches and just simply enjoy riding away. Wth this team of 6 BCL riders and only one BPL standard rider many more home defeats can only be expected. If crowd levels are to be maintained then something has to be done sooner rather than later.

I see that starting the races are still proving a problem for the starting marshalls who I appreciate seem to be trying to line them up in accordance with the regulations by inviting then in in grid order. This however does not seem to be working does it.

Ayres doesn't need replacing, the lads been doing pretty well in comparison to the other number 7s and only struggled monday after a fall for Cradley then being dumped into the fence in his first ride when Perks tried to pass when there was no space. I don't think it was intended to hurt him, but a daft attempt at a pass.

Bjerre is the one that should be in immediate danger. Riding like he's been sent on a mission by the Bees to bring us down from the inside. Hope Agent Bjerre isn't the case and he starts to pull his finger out!

Garrity is the other one that may be looking over his shoulder. Needs to sort his mechanical gremlins out, he's no use to us as a heat leader only completing 2 heats a meeting. Looks good once he gets going, hopefully just dusting off the cobwebs now he's back in the top tier.

• Like 1

Ayres doesn't need replacing, the lads been doing pretty well in comparison to the other number 7s and only struggled monday after a fall for Cradley then being dumped into the fence in his first ride when Perks tried to pass when there was no space. I don't think it was intended to hurt him, but a daft attempt at a pass.

Bjerre is the one that should be in immediate danger. Riding like he's been sent on a mission by the Bees to bring us down from the inside. Hope Agent Bjerre isn't the case and he starts to pull his finger out!

Garrity is the other one that may be looking over his shoulder. Needs to sort his mechanical gremlins out, he's no use to us as a heat leader only completing 2 heats a meeting. Looks good once he gets going, hopefully just dusting off the cobwebs now he's back in the top tier.

a little bit of a silly one there . been hanging around with Leicester's biggest embarrasment ? and it's rubbing off :)

Everyone has their own opinion but for me Sarjeant's too much of a "gate & go" risk taker, which more often than not fails. Danny Ayers is the ultimate trier and races his heart out for each of his teams. I hope the Lions stay with him because my biggest concern is Garrity.

a little bit of a silly one there . been hanging around with Leicester's biggest embarrasment ? and it's rubbing off :)

It was said tongue in cheek, not an actual belief that that's the case.. but I don't intend on getting stuck in the perpetual cycle of argument with yourself

• Like 1

It was said tongue in cheek, not an actual belief that that's the case.. but I don't intend on getting stuck in the perpetual cycle of argument with yourself

If I were you I wouldn't dare argue with me either , pretty pointless really ,be like me taking on a 1 legged man in an arse kicking contest

Leicester struggles just show how much Cov would of struggled this year

Riders like Bjerre, Garrity & King would have been much better on a racing track like Brandon. King had a great year with Coventry last year and is flying with Ipswich this year. Some riders settle better at some clubs than others.

K Bjerre is having one of his best seasons yet, Kerr is back on form and Bates would have been good at reserve.

Think Bees would have done well

Edited by mdmc82

Riders like Bjerre, Garrity & King would have been much better on a racing track like Brandon. King had a great year with Coventry last year and is flying with Ipswich this year. Some riders settle better at some clubs than others.

K Bjerre is having one of his best seasons yet, Kerr is back on form and Bates would have been good at reserve.

Think Bees would have done well

Thank God we will NEVER KNOW!

I wonder when Coventrys biggest embarrassment and racist will keep us entertained with his views on race relations!

cant believe any speedway fan would write that

well no problem there then ,because he's not a speedway fan , just a bitter ,spiteful . childish moron ,who takes pleasure in being an embarrassment to Leicester speedway

• Like 1

well no problem there then ,because he's not a speedway fan , just a bitter ,spiteful . childish moron ,who takes pleasure in being an embarrassment to Leicester speedway

maybe but it's better than being a BIGOT!