British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2017

Yes it would help a little, don't need mames, it just needs something along the lines that the just lets people know, that things are acually happening. People will always look on the dark side. Just a few words on the Lions website, would help an awful lot to put the fans minds at rest.

• Like 1

Yes it would help a little, don't need mames, it just needs something along the lines that the just lets people know, that things are acually happening. People will always look on the dark side. Just a few words on the Lions website, would help an awful lot to put the fans minds at rest.

Yhe fact that you have been told the team is in the Premiership next season should be enough at this time. Does it matter who the promotion is.

I did not mention anywhere in my post about wanting to know who the new promoter/ owner or what ever of the club would be all I said if you read it correctly is that it would be nice to just see a few simple words on the Lions website letting the fans know that everything is progessing with the club for the coming season.

Don't need to know any names, just a few words to let the fans know that the club will be in safe hands.

I did not mention anywhere in my post about wanting to know who the new promoter/ owner or what ever of the club would be all I said if you read it correctly is that it would be nice to just see a few simple words on the Lions website letting the fans know that everything is progessing with the club for the coming season.

Don't need to know any names, just a few words to let the fans know that the club will be in safe hands.

And until the new promotion team is in place, who is going to update the website?

• Like 1

I am sure that there must be someone left at the club who would be allowed to put a few simple words on the website.

If as said that is now at the moment in the handsof the B.P.S.A, Then why can't they make a simple statement saying that all is going smoothly with talks taking place, as we speak, or words to that affect.

Is there the distinct possibility that there is more than one party interested in running the Leicester promotion, both of whom convinced the BSPA that they have the necessary backing/knowledge to do so, and therefore we are now waiting on the final decision on who it will be, maybe even an amalgamation to provide the way forward.

or

Maybe there is only one player in town but there are still numerous i's to be dotted & T's to be crossed before any real progress can be made which over and above settling with the BSPA on fundamentals such as race night may also include reaching agreement on the ownership/use/rent of the stadium.

or

Maybe its a combination or permutation of all of the above.

If any of the above does exist then I guess the promoters elect know by now that there is a hard core of folk who would like to know what is going on, but lets face it, currently very few teams if any know too much for certain about what is in store for their team in 2017....and so the wait goes on..hope it will be worth it.

There are still t's to be crossed and I's to be dotted. When everything is clear to the new promotors. The fans will be told.

Give them a chance its only a week since the AGM.

I presume that no team building will be possible until the t's have been crossed and the i's have been dotted. If it is going to take a while for this to be done then it could be difficult to get a decent team to watch again will it not?

I have been told by a very good source that there is 2 parties shown a solid intent to run speedway at Leicester next season. These parties were handed a list of conditions of running speedway at Leicester as long as your arm by DH , the main one's were that the team must remain in the top flight which is why Dave Darcy attended the AGM & declared intent to run Premiership because if they didn't declare at the AGM they could not run. Dave Darcy has no part in either of the interested parties & purely attended the AGM because he is the only registered promotor at Leicester .

Another of these conditions was that the stadium was only availble on weekends because there was no longer anyone at the stadium during the week to open & lock up. This appears to be the major issue at the moment with progress on both parties.

• Like 1

Until Leicester City Council gets its act together and boots D.Hemsleys company out of its lease of Beaumont Park, then there will continue to be problems for whoever is trying to run speedway. Maybe the prospective new promoters are starting to find out what dealing with him is really going to be like. If so, they should have known.

My guess is the AGM accepted 9 clubs into the Premiership, including Belle Vue and Leicester, with the likelihood that at least one of them will be unable to take part.

In Leicester's case, maybe it would be better to sit out a year while the City Council deals properly with getting rid of the current cancer, the track can be sorted out properly during the summer, and new promoters have proper chance to re-staged the whole thing the way they want it to be run.

Until Leicester City Council gets its act together and boots D.Hemsleys company out of its lease of Beaumont Park, then there will continue to be problems for whoever is trying to run speedway. Maybe the prospective new promoters are starting to find out what dealing with him is really going to be like. If so, they should have known.

My guess is the AGM accepted 9 clubs into the Premiership, including Belle Vue and Leicester, with the likelihood that at least one of them will be unable to take part.

In Leicester's case, maybe it would be better to sit out a year while the City Council deals properly with getting rid of the current cancer, the track can be sorted out properly during the summer, and new promoters have proper chance to re-staged the whole thing the way they want it to be run.

But won't the other clubs be selling Season tickets on the strength of 9 Teams ?

• Like 1

I have been told by a very good source that there is 2 parties shown a solid intent to run speedway at Leicester next season. These parties were handed a list of conditions of running speedway at Leicester as long as your arm by DH , the main one's were that the team must remain in the top flight which is why Dave Darcy attended the AGM & declared intent to run Premiership because if they didn't declare at the AGM they could not run. Dave Darcy has no part in either of the interested parties & purely attended the AGM because he is the only registered promotor at Leicester .

Another of these conditions was that the stadium was only availble on weekends because there was no longer anyone at the stadium during the week to open & lock up. This appears to be the major issue at the moment with progress on both parties.

Seems very strange, if I lease a commercial building or domestic property would not expect the landlord to let me in each day. Come on Mr Hemsley let's attract some common-sense and thought around all joe public who welcome speedway in the city. If there is no deal completed how does the venue create revenue for you ?, there are no other activities to support a multi functional venue like stock cars, football,rugby, dogs etc. very bazaar....

• Like 2

Seems very strange, if I lease a commercial building or domestic property would not expect the landlord to let me in each day. Come on Mr Hemsley let's attract some common-sense and thought around all joe public who welcome speedway in the city. If there is no deal completed how does the venue create revenue for you ?, there are no other activities to support a multi functional venue like stock cars, football,rugby, dogs etc. very bazaar....

Not advocating the current position as I think it is all very sad but when you hire a track you hire for a specific time and day. Which other promotions who hire tracks have Cart Blanche on usage regardless of whether it is being used or not ?

Not advocating the current position as I think it is all very sad but when you hire a track you hire for a specific time and day. Which other promotions who hire tracks have Cart Blanche on usage regardless of whether it is being used or not ?

The City Council granted a lease to D.Hemsley's development company back in 2010/11 on the land which includes the stadium, and was conditional on other facilities being built. We all know this hasn't happened. The proposals were re-worked a couple of years ago, supposedly tightening up the specifics with a tight timescale and basically retaining the original conditions. Little has changed since.

Hemsley's speedway company was given pretty much Carte Blanche by his development company from what I can make out - whilst still being in breach of the majority of the lease conditions for Beaumont Park. So now it seems he is wanting to play hardball with a new speedway company,whilst at the same time the Council could pull the plug on the whole thing if they get their act together.

Also,if you rent the use of a stadium, you want to deal with reasonable, stable and honest people.....

• Like 2

Rye House want to run on Saturdays, but realise there will have to be several mid-week. Sky meetings & playoffs would have to be mid-week - impossible to solely run weekends in the top flight

Hope things turn out OK & Glyn can finish reshaping the track soon

• Like 1