British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2017

Lakeside Fans once again found out info from the SS this week, rather than their own forms of communication - website, FB or twitter. Another perfect example of what TVOR and others, including myself, have highlighted is a big issue.

What exactly was in SS that wasn't already in the public domain any way?

The fact Edward Kennett has been quoted as saying he talked to Scott Nicholls about going to Rye makes me wonder if Lakeside pulling out of the top flight and Rye moving up was known well before the AGM? Funny also how Edward will not be attending the Hammers end of season diner & dance yet Swede Kim Nilsson can.

Ed is of course a Rye House asset. He told me before the season ended that he expected to be st another club next year and back in August I was hearing from a very informed source that there could be local derbies with Rye House in 2017. It was known well before the season ended that Rye House wanted to come up, but not that Lakeside would not be running in the EL.

You don't know why Edward is not attending the D&D . Richard Lawson who normally comes will not be attending either. He is due to be out if the country. Maybe Ed is on holiday or otherwise engaged.

Typical bryn, part of the establishment, no outsider allowed a view

What do you mean by part of the establishment ?

He is an SCB licensed incident recorder, and has acted as announcer at various tracks. Is that part of the establishment? Getting around a lot and seeing a lot of Speedwáy at all levels gives him a lot of insight. Sometimes he has attracted criticism on the old Lakeside Forum for telling things as they are. Certain people didn't seem to appreciate their gossip being corrected with a few facts.

But there is a big difference between having a moan and getting abusive on a personal level. People who read the forum have read VOR's posts and can make their own judgment on the vituperent way he chooses to express himself. His posts and hounding of Neil Vstcher in particular on the old Lakeside forum were beyond the pale. I think everybody woukd agree that Neil has been a great asset to the under 21's but his tenure as TM at Lakeside was maybe a bridge too far. People woukd be entitled to make fair and constructive criticism of his role as TM but on a personal level he is a decent bloke, he has given hell of a lot to Speedwáy , and continues to do so. He certainly doesn't deserve personal abuse on the level one poster in particular (guess who ) was giving on the old Lakeside forum.

Everyone was saying that Neil was a nice bloke including VOR.

His ability to carry out the Team Manager was bought into question.

Your constant slating of VOR and anyone else who dares to post a negative comment is quite tiresome.

Yeah come on move this to the national league section so everyone can sleep easy

Are we definitely in the National League then?

Only a few weeks down the line since the BSPA Meeting, Standartenführer Cook still hasnt told us.

Maybe he is saving up the grand announcement until the dinner & dance tonight?

He truly is an utter bastion of communication.

• Like 1

Are we definitely in the National League then?

Only a few weeks down the line since the BSPA Meeting, Standartenführer Cook still hasnt told us.

Maybe he is saving up the grand announcement until the dinner & dance tonight?

He truly is an utter bastion of communication.

I would imagine you will find out if we are going to be in the National league at the AGM. Do you know who else is in the league?

Your constant slating of VOR and anyone else who dares to post a negative comment is quite tiresome.

So, it's OK then for VOR to describe those who disagree with him as (and I quote) " Happy Clappy Automatons " but nobody is allowed to challenge what he says ?

Sorry, but if someone posts something on a discusdion forum they are entitled to have it challenged.

Pleased that Kim Nilsson won 'Rider of the season'.

Wonder how many by?

Only I must have registered my vote around 200 times over the past few weeks. :)

Yep, that's right........Lakeside can't even arrange a polling vote properly!

I wonder what pearls of wisdom Mr. Cook shared with the audience? No doubt Speedway Star will reveal all to the 'hoi polloi'.

Wonder how many by?

Only I must have registered my vote around 200 times over the past few weeks. :)

I wonder what pearls of wisdom Mr. Cook shared with the audience? No doubt Speedway Star will reveal all to the 'hoi polloi'.

Since you have previously said you don't belive the reasons given so far no reason why you should believe anything else that's said, so not much point in you bother about any more information if you are not going to believe anything, which according to you is, in your words "utter BS anyway".

However, apart from Cooks interview with the update there were some interesting interviews with others:-

Peter Thorogood (former promoter) was asked which rider he liked having in his team the best. Answer " I liked them all, we all got on very well in those days but if I had to pick one it would be Neil Middleditch, and if you asked Neil he would say his time at Arena was amongst his happiest times as a rider.

Various riders and ex- riders were asked who was the best rider they rode with Answers:-

Paul Hurry :- Mark Loram

Colin White :- Sam Ermolenko

Troy Pratt: Greg Hancock

Lewis Bridger:- Nicki Pedersn

Lewi Kerr:-Nils Kristian Iveson

Rob Mear :- " The Late Great Lee Richardson." ( Robs words)

Kelvin was asked who he considered to be the toughest opponents to beat .Answer :- "Hans Neilson , who left very little racing room and Nicki Pedersen."

Ah Chalky White and Troy, a blast from the past from happier times when I would drive to Arena even if it was pouring with rain even though I knew I would not likely see much if any racing, the days before those that run the sport started to turn me against it.

• Like 1

Wonder how many by?

Why would you want to ruin the vote for genuine supporters......sad
  • Like 1