British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2017

Thought I'd start this as it's usually February before there is anything on the leagues most 'unfashionable' team!

Would like to see a very new look team simply to freshen things up.

Whilst I enjoy watching Lewis Bridger, I think it best for him to do a season in the PL (if his cma allows). Perhaps somewhere like Peterborough.

I would retain Lewis Kerr as I think he was just starting to come good.

AJ very welcome and one of Kim, Ed or Rich.

Would like a decent trump card from abroad but then, so would everyone!

I don't think aj will be back not next year anyway so I would keep kim and ed

and possibly rich (not a great season but can do better) we need two new heat leaders

freshen things up a bit, big hitters if budget will allow. then reserves suppose down to the pick

again and we wont have first pick this time as no wooden spoon. then if no Richard maybe

scott Nichols 5 odd average might come into play? :t:

I can't see why AJ wouldn't be back he won't be in GP's. I would keep Bridger if he can get a Premier league club or a ride abroad as he needs more meetings. I would also keep Kennett and get Nicholls then try and get another good heat leader who can do the business away from home. Don't have a clue about the reserves.

I can't see why AJ wouldn't be back he won't be in GP's. I would keep Bridger if he can get a Premier league club or a ride abroad as he needs more meetings. I would also keep Kennett and get Nicholls then try and get another good heat leader who can do the business away from home. Don't have a clue about the reserves.

May be Coventry want him?

Difficult to comment until the issue of Polish authorities forbidding riders to ride in no more two countries is sorted out.

Wouldn't mind Scott Nicholls at Arena - he isn't/doesn't look - comfortable at NSS and it would mean less of a trek to his home meetings.

May be Coventry want him?

Not Coventry. Someone else perhaps.

You really think Adam will be anywhere else apart from Poole regardless of him being a Lakeside asset??

Only if they buy him.

Difficult to comment until the issue of Polish authorities forbidding riders to ride in no more two countries is sorted out.

Wouldn't mind Scott Nicholls at Arena - he isn't/doesn't look - comfortable at NSS and it would mean less of a trek to his home meetings.

Scotty would be a great signing for the Hammers. He's mentioned previously his struggles with finding the speed/set up needed round the NSS, & did so again last night in the post match rider interviews on the centre green.

That said, he's been a brilliant racer & captain for the Aces, really good interacting with the fans too - just wish we'd signed him as a joint spearhead with Crumpy when he was a bit younger! Always gives 100% whether scoring 4 or 14, can't praise him enough. :approve:

• Like 1

Iam sure every club would want him but he's turned them all down in the past to stay with Lakeside, he seems to have a good relationship with Douglas. Maybe he will fancy a change next season but I hope not.

He's never turned Coventry down as they have never asked him.

• Like 1

Jonsson, Kennett, Lawson, Nicholls, Nilsson.

How does that do average wise? Get Bridger to get a PL average (12 meetings?) then sub him in as an ELDR, Poole would do it.

2. Davey Watt=5.40

Good riddance to that tripe don't bring him back

Edited by Col

• 3 weeks later...

Where are all the Lakeside fans on this forum?

2 pages worth of talk so far and you have to add on another 50 to where Poole 2017 is at the moment.

Ok I will add some input on what I think Lakeside should be doing.

First riders they should sign are Adam Ellis and Paul Starke. Both were magnificent when Poole registered their only defeat and will give Lakeside good away options also if they swap them at 2 and 6. Ellis is an asset and doubt Leicester will ride Elite League.

Than obviously Andreas Jonsson and possible Edward Kennett being the spine of the team so it may look something like:

1) A Jonsson

2) A Ellis

3) E Kennett

4) Swiderski/Schlein?

5) R Lawson

6) P Starke

7) J Auty?

Looks solid enough but perhaps unlikely to be the team and maybe Lakeside will want to use last years No 8 Dennis Jonsson was it? Another question is will Lewis Bridger be there instead of Ellis or someone else?

Edited by Joe Beevers

Much will depend upon the structure of teams, points limits & can double uppers continue?

If not then i suspect no Kennett in the EL next season.

Asset or not i can't see Ellis leaving Poole

Ditto Starke & Somerset who are also a Friday night track

Lawson is a must on his average. Strong rumours linking Nicholls & Lakeside?

At a guess

Jonsson - 8.45

Lawson - 5.74

Nilson - 6.88

Bech - 6.26

Nicholls - 6.59

Branford - 3.00

Morley - 3.00

Total 39.92

Where are all the Lakeside fans on this forum?

2 pages worth of talk so far and you have to add on another 50 to where Poole 2017 is at the moment.

Ok I will add some input on what I think Lakeside should be doing.

First riders they should sign are Adam Ellis and Paul Starke. Both were magnificent when Poole registered their only defeat and will give Lakeside good away options also if they swap them at 2 and 6. Ellis is an asset and doubt Leicester will ride Elite League.

Than obviously Andreas Jonsson and possible Edward Kennett being the spine of the team so it may look something like:

1) A Jonsson

2) A Ellis

3) E Kennett

4) Swiderski/Schlein?

5) R Lawson

6) P Starke

7) J Auty?

Looks solid enough but perhaps unlikely to be the team and maybe Lakeside will want to use last years No 8 Dennis Jonsson was it? Another question is will Lewis Bridger be there instead of Ellis or someone else?

Dennis Jonsson has retired after nasty back injuries, Ellis wants to stay at Poole.

Edited by remembertheracers