British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2017

Perks for Riss now confirmed.

Because it's a 28 day contract for an injured rider, I assume that we are able to bring Riss back in when fit?

Yes, as long as it is an injury replacement.

The objective now is to scrape into the playoffs. We are going to be very vulnerable.

• Like 3

The objective now is to scrape into the playoffs. We are going to be very vulnerable.

Back to where we started in march, 2 #7s (based on Perks's 2 performances for us so far). There must have been a better alternative mustn't there (don't ask for suggestions :D?) Are CVS & Adams back to their 'he's cheap and easy to sort out, it'll do' days? :unsure::neutral:

Why the bleating on Perks? Great little rider with a future and better than Clegg and Greaves.

He is a number 7 in the top flight, not a 6.

He has done well this season and improved.

I'd prefer greaves over Clegg this season.

Clegg made a step forward last season but has gone backwards since.

Greaves outscored both Perks last week and Clegg on Monday.

Why the bleating on Perks? Great little rider with a future and better than Clegg and Greaves.

Well, he scored 0 at Monmore when Guesting for us vs Rye House.

He's more of a no7 than a no6, although he should be able to pick up a few points away.

Greaves is a 2pt average rider, not sure why you keep mentioning him........he's probably better than Clegg anyway who isn't good enough to ride in the top league at all.

I looked at the table today and didn't realise how close we are to 5th place, our lack of away wins is starting to bite now.

Thankfully, Kings Lynn are in a bit of a mess without Holder and Rye House won't pick up enough away wins to trouble us either. Swindon are the ones to watch now.

There were a number of meetings we blew earlier in the year, especially away from home. Meetings we should have either won, or taken more match points from. Folk were ecstatic we won at Somerset with the poor guest bookings we made, stronger guests would have secured all 4pts. They don't seem important at the time, but if you pick up some injuries as we have done and hit a sticky spell, those extra pts here and there can be absolutely vital. We've gone from a team battling to be top with Belle Vue to one likely to finish 4th at best.

I wouldn't rule out Kings Lynn. Batchelor is riding well, Holder is banned but he wasn't pulling up any trees regardless.

There were a number of meetings we blew earlier in the year, especially away from home. Meetings we should have either won, or taken more match points from. Folk were ecstatic we won at Somerset with the poor guest bookings we made, stronger guests would have secured all 4pts. They don't seem important at the time, but if you pick up some injuries as we have done and hit a sticky spell, those extra pts here and there can be absolutely vital. We've gone from a team battling to be top with Belle Vue to one likely to finish 4th at best.

I wouldn't rule out Kings Lynn. Batchelor is riding well, Holder is banned but he wasn't pulling up any trees regardless.

Before the mess against Poole, I was starting to think that Kings Lynn with the new averages/riding order could be a serious contender for a top 2/3 spot. Guess it depends if Holder wants to stick it to British Speedway when he comes back or whether he will continue his out of sorts form.

Not seeing out a win at Poole and failing to advantage when we went Swindon are other results which could bite us.

there is a very real chance we will miss out on the play offs

• Like 1

I am rather concerned with Freddie's form since his injury.He doesn't seem as quick as before and his scores everywhere are not good.Anyone know if he's still carrying an injury or if he has engine problems ???

He picked up another injury to his back and shoulder in the swc I believe, has been undergoing physio for it

• Like 1

He picked up another injury to his back and shoulder in the swc I believe, has been undergoing physio for it

Oh right.thank you i wasn't aware of that.

Am i right though that he also doesn't seem to have the speed as he did earlier in the season.

All is clearly not well with Freddie who is struggling to win races with all his clubs and it's disappointing when he was in the form of his life just a few weeks ago. Looks like he could do with another break from riding but he won't want to waste the good position he has got into in the GP. Hope the physio work he is doing solves the problem before his personal season and Wolves season is spoiled