British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2017

I didn't, it was a hellhole.

Biting my tongue............ Great race track though.

But not very happy memories of having to spend a couple of hours in Old Hill nick,after a bit of a coming together with a spoon fan. :oops:

Biting my tongue............ Great race track though.

But not very happy memories of having to spend a couple of hours in Old Hill nick,after a bit of a coming together with a spoon fan. :oops:

Apparently the track was based on Wembley's track. So..............................they called themselves the Wembley of the north.An early example of ironic humour perhaps ?

Poole for sure have the strongest 4-6. Matter of opinion but my view is kl are at least as strong in that area as rye wolves or (likely) aces.

I'd say huckenbeck is stronger Bramford or clegg.

Porsing I'd expect to score similar to watt and more than either of the wolves 2nd strings. And rose close to robson/howarth.

Don't think Mr Skornicki is here to make up the numbers or to get the odd point. He left Britain injured in 2014 riding as a #1 and has time after time been under rated but still comes up with match winning rides. He may be up with Watt but can't see Porsing being much more than a second string / reserve in that team with 4-6 swapping and changing.

DUDLEY WOOD - Great race track and held some classic meetings with great racing but it was a dump and buildings all but falling down like that barn thing that was on the back straight for years. It will be remembered for two good things being the race track and the Pork Butties but not the stadium / terraces / waste ground.

That said, it would be better having that now than having to ground share at two different tracks and little hope of finding a new home even though money has been raised for years to help find a venue. Do they have finances in the bank to help build or is that all gone and need new investment ?

Don't think Mr Skornicki is here to make up the numbers or to get the odd point. He left Britain injured in 2014 riding as a #1 and has time after time been under rated but still comes up with match winning rides. He may be up with Watt but can't see Porsing being much more than a second string / reserve in that team with 4-6 swapping and changing.

DUDLEY WOOD - Great race track and held some classic meetings with great racing but it was a dump and buildings all but falling down like that barn thing that was on the back straight for years. It will be remembered for two good things being the race track and the Pork Butties but not the stadium / terraces / waste ground.

That said, it would be better having that now than having to ground share at two different tracks and little hope of finding a new home even though money has been raised for years to help find a venue. Do they have finances in the bank to help build or is that all gone and need new investment ?

Dont forget the free Bonk :wink: at the back of the pits.(although never stood there myself).

They both failed to perform away from Monmore when it mattered in the Play-offs.

All hail the Speedway fan that likes tracks being closed and those who like him.

I don't like Wolves

You made a mess of your team building this year, you won't win the league. Not a Cradley fans fault, I'm just pointing out your managements failures/cheapness. :)

All hail the wolves hater (self proclaimed) who is oblivious to the point that others don't share his opinion on the current line up. Title contenders with ease.

No rider can fail to deliver anything if that team won the title. To suggest otherwise is plain nonsense.

In your opinion as a Cradley fan you don't rate us, what a surprise a Wolves hater doesn't rate us.

Just waiting for your next biased post to expose you yet again. :t:

They both failed to perform away from Monmore when it mattered in the Play-offs. Do I need maths. Poole were pretty tragic but I recall both gifting points to the Pirates in Dorset. Your best performer after the GP's boys i Manchester was a 40+ PK.

All hail the Speedway fan that likes tracks being closed and those who like him.

I was a Wolves season ticket holder for few years, since it is my local track. Then a season ticket holder at Perry Barr after their reopening for 3 years at until the Brummies had a season of guests and R/R which was killed my interest.

I don't like Wolves but I don't like Coventry equally since Wolves were not in existence when I started watching Speedway. And they were then our local rivals. I find watching Speedway at Monmore like watching 100m athletics race when all the sprinters are wearing chains around their ankles, it is just so small.

I will break my Monmore exile of about 10 years for PK's farewell. Most entertaining Wolves rider in my life time.

I am not diminishing the quality of racing, since there are probably more passes per meeting than at any other track. But watching riders never being able to go flat out I find frustrating. For the record, I hate the Swindon track but have empathy with the team, I don't mind Brandon as a track but haven't been for 3 years. I love the NSS, but only been 4 times as the M6 is a swine. I hate watching Speedway at Lakeside or Eastbourne on Sky. I've been to Poole a few times when holidaying down there, they obviously only make the track properly when Sky are visiting, because it is snooze fest when I have been.

The Poole track is prepared the same way every week reguardless whether sky are present or not.

Hmm, so say rain is forecast maybe the track curator might be tempted to leave it very slick to ensure the meeting goes ahead because Sky are there?

That would be the obvious thing to do, you do not flood a track if rain is forcast. You would look rather stupid if you flooded the track and it pissed down. Any curator in that position would do the same. They are in a no win position. The main objective is to get the meeting on.

Edited by Starman2006

That would be the obvious thing to do, you do not flood a track if rain is forcast. You would look rather stupid if you flooded the track and it pissed down. Any curator in that position would do the same. They are in a no win position. The main objective is to get the meeting on.

So you've just contradicted yourself when you said the track is prepared the same whether Sky are present or not !

• Like 2

So you've just contradicted yourself when you said the track is prepared the same whether Sky are present or not !

Thats correct it is. You have a problem with that.. I answered the question. Seems some on here are never satisfied

Edited by Starman2006

do you know what 'contradict' means?

Yes i do. I answered his question what more does he want, so what if i contradicted myself. This is a forum not a fecking A level exam. Some people are never satified.

Edited by Starman2006

Goodness, how patronising can you get? What the heck does it matter? Who the feck gives s sh1te anyway?

Thank you. Just pr*ts on here mate.